You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many changes?

Stephen Adams.

That was a strange half! Before Torres first goal we were fucking terrible and the shape looked ineffective, but since then there's been some really encouraging signs.

We're struggling without Carra as the defence looks totally disorganised and we definitely need another goal because I can see them scoring again the way it's going.

Gerrard has been poor but i'm not surprised because in games against teams we should be beating at home, he ends up playing too far up front when he's the support striker and struggles with his back to goal.

I like this shape but I think the personnel could be slightly different although i'm not going to criticise Rafa for sticking with the same side as long as he does it for more than one game!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our centre backs look uncomfortable. I think we need more goals to win, because I can see Boro getting a second goal. We were luck when that stupid cunt Tuncay(?) decided to handle the ball, he had a free header six yards out.

I hope we come storming out in the second half, don't want to let Boro back into the game.

Guest The Chimp
Defence looks shaky.

We'll need to add to our goals.

Genius analysis that i think.

Maybe not genius my Evil friend, but accurate. Defence needs sorting and we should do these. To be honest they've looked not bad and are a tad unlucky to be down. We need to up the tempo and inject a bit of urgency into our play, but in doing so I feel with the defence playing as it is . . .

Also, can we please whip the fucking ball in please - why float the ball in from out wide. Drives me bananas.

I didn't put any money on it, I wouldn't bet against my own team.

I have stuck my neck out and stuck a couple of quid on Newcastle at 8/1 tonight though.

I've gone the other way and put a fair bit on Utd to win. Newcastle are still very shit. Also a lot of good doubles are going my way so far including hopefully Hobbs keeping a clean sheet now agaianst the Saints.

I'll end up losing money like I always do though.

That was a strange half! Before Torres first goal we were fucking terrible and the shape looked ineffective, but since then there's been some really encouraging signs.

We're struggling without Carra as the defence looks totally disorganised and we definitely need another goal because I can see them scoring again the way it's going.

Gerrard has been poor but i'm not surprised because in games against teams we should be beating at home, he ends up playing too far up front when he's the support striker and struggles with his back to goal.

I like this shape but I think the personnel could be slightly different although i'm not going to criticise Rafa for sticking with the same side as long as he does it for more than one game!

This formation should be kept and just players signed to compliment it.

Imagine a player like Alves instead of Finnan and a player like Evra instead of Aurellio would instantly make far more attacking and add pace on the wings.

You could even say a player like Diego instead of Gerrard and dropping Gerrard deeper into midfield instead of Lucas.

This formation should be kept and just players signed to compliment it.

Imagine a player like Alves instead of Finnan and a player like Evra instead of Aurellio would instantly make far more attacking and add pace on the wings.

You could even say a player like Diego instead of Gerrard and dropping Gerrard deeper into midfield instead of Lucas.

I would like to see Benayoun given the chance in Gerrard role, with Gerrard dropping a bit deeper into the Lucas role.

Fat Pat I'm calling him

awful

I liked the way Fairclough said his statement was unfair about Arbeloa.

He sounded like he thought he was in the know, but was just taking all his info from a load of shite in the nationals. Even the host thought he was being a tit, you could tell by the look he gave the floor when he said "your not questioning Rafa are you ?"