You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allardyce gone

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In principle it's ridiculous but I'm so happy to see the twat humiliated.

Having said that, I'm not going to publicly gloat to anyone because Christ only knows what's going to happen with our own manager.

Exactly.

They could do a lot worse than Harry Redknapp as well; on another planet to that mouthy clown.

The fact the Newcastle fans are all crying for Shearer shows you how daft they are. I always loved Ian Rush but wouldn't have had him anywhere near the LFC manager's job unless he'd proven himself somewhere, same goes for Barnes.

"Sheee-ra Sheee-ra we won Al-an Sheer-ra cos e luvs the club E does I"

Spuggie for toon boss and Frazer for fitness coach

SPUGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

0002C08F-84A7-1194-BC1980BFB6FA0000.jpg

Stupid fat twat with teams that play shit clogger football.

It really a idiotic state of affairs up at Newcastle. Jim White was reading texts on Sly about how Newcastle fans want Shearer. Will Jim be up there at the next manager's unveiling telling them they're greatest fans in the world again?

Had a tough day at work and this cheered me up when I heard it.

They have guaranteed that the next manager will be British and Shearer has ruled himself out. I cannot understand why Redknapp would want the hassle of that job, he has a good thing at Pompey, the team are doing ok, the fans have forgiven the fact that he went off to manage their biggest rivals for a bit.

Hughes has also turned Blackburn into a good side, why would he want to take a step backwards to Newcastle.

I know it won't be but I would really just love it if Merson got the job as he would screw it up as well. In many ways the happiness that I experienced today will be replaced with sadness on Saturday or when they play Stoke as I won't be able to hear the Geordies getting something right for once and chant at the fat one "you don't know what you're doing".

Watch. It'll be McClown.

I will just piss myself if it is.

The bookies have him as a 16-1 outsider at the moment, but who knows how far the shoeless ones are prepared to go in their never-ending quest for mediocrity? He's still based in the North-East, isn't he?

It would be truly hilarious from a soap-opera point of view; their fans would go absolutely fucking mental if McLaren was seen as the man to sort Fat Sam's mess out.

Also, are they going to have yet another mad spending spree this January to back the new manager? I reckon we should let them know that Dirk might be available for about £27m, call it £22m if they chuck in Martins and Taylor.

I will just piss myself if it is.

The bookies have him as a 16-1 outsider at the moment, but who knows how far the shoeless ones are prepared to go in their never-ending quest for mediocrity? He's still based in the North-East, isn't he?

It would be truly hilarious from a soap-opera point of view; their fans would go absolutely fucking mental if McLaren was seen as the man to sort Fat Sam's mess out.

Also, are they going to have yet another mad spending spree this January to back the new manager? I reckon we should let them know that Dirk might be available for about £27m, call it £22m if they chuck in Martins and Taylor.

I can only imagine that they will think, Oh gee... Sven never made England look great but they did alright. McClaren was unlucky... I bet he could do what Sven is doing at City. Let's get him!

Their owner and controller of the bucks is a yank who doesn't understand football. Trust me, it'll be McClown.

I will be seriously shocked if it isn't him after them saying, "It is definately going to be an englishman"

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the fat fuck is out of a job, especially after previously questioning Rafa's credentials in such brash fashion.

BUT...

...on the other hand, I think it's absolutely scandalous that a manager has lost his job after only being a few months in the job. How can you be expected to stamp your mark on the club and turn things around in such a short space of time? His sacking is the perfect embodiment of the fickle nature of the Geordies and shows why they'll never be a genuine force despite their undoubted potential.

The fact the Newcastle fans are all crying for Shearer shows you how daft they are. I always loved Ian Rush but wouldn't have had him anywhere near the LFC manager's job unless he'd proven himself somewhere, same goes for Barnes.

"Sheee-ra Sheee-ra we won Al-an Sheer-ra cos e luvs the club E does I"

Spuggie for toon boss and Frazer for fitness coach

SPUGGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

0002C08F-84A7-1194-BC1980BFB6FA0000.jpg

She turned out not bad. I would.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Looks like she's been sunbathing underneath a sieve.

Give the job to Big Stouff, he would moderate the Geordies into contention, plus its his hometown club.

The only way I can see Redknapp taking that job was if he wanted one last crack at a big club. He's never going to get one of the big four and Spurs have just appointed Ramos so it might be the biggest job he's likely to get.

Or he might just stay in the comfort zone at Pompey because he's pretty much got a job for as long as he wants it there.

One from Hughes, Jol or McLaren for that job I reckon.

Article on the beeb from McNulty. Amusing:

Magpies madness

by Phil McNulty - BBC Sport 09 January 2008

Newcastle United is the club that has made calamity its middle name - the long-running joke that still raises belly-laughs around the football world.

Sympathy will be in short supply for Sam Allardyce, whose heady combination of bluster and concrete-hard self-belief convinced him his feats at Bolton made him the perfect fit for an impossible job.

Newcastle can change managers, which they do with alarming regularity, or even change owners as they have done with Mike Ashley replacing Freddy Shepherd.

One thing, however, remains consistent. Namely the fault-line of shambolic self-destruction that runs straight through the middle of St James' Park and has contributed to almost 40 years without a major trophy.

And it has cracked the club wide open again with the departure of Allardyce after only 24 games and eight months, no time to prove a case for or against any manager.

But this is Newcastle and only the rules of the madhouse apply.

Newcastle is the club that loves to parade itself as big time. You can hear it now. Look at all those fans. Look at the beautiful stadium.

The trouble is that the finest shop window in the world is no use when the goods at the back are shoddy and almost beyond repair. In terms of football success, Newcastle are strictly small-time and there is no sign of that changing any time soon.

Allardyce's appointment was ill-fated and unpopular, but that was never going to be enough to stop Shepherd signing the man who saw himself as Tyneside's "People's Champion".

The people never wanted Allardyce and his basic brand of football. Just like they never really wanted Glenn Roeder before him, a nightwatchman manager badly out of his depth if ever there was one.

And Allardyce was almost instantly undermined when Shepherd, the man who lured him, was ousted out of the Newcastle boardroom by Ashley.

The credits were rolling for Big Sam. Unloved by the Toon Army and unappointed by his owner, he was history almost from day one. Typical Newcastle.

But when the laughing stops, Newcastle is left as club that could be great, but never will be until it starts acting in a manner that its fans deserve.

The trail of destruction that led to the leaving of Allardyce stretches back a long way.

Newcastle almost cracked it with Kevin Keegan. A decent and dignified man backed by an ambitious and wealthy chairman in Sir John Hall, providing superstars and stylish football in equal measure, he almost brought the title to Tyneside.

Sadly, once Keegan left, Newcastle never quite regained balance other than a spell under Sir Bobby Robson.

Kenny Dalglish was hastily shown the door having committed the crime of not being Keegan, Ruud Gullit's sexy football swiftly floundered and Graeme Souness was another unpopular appointment after Robson.

Managers were backed with cash, but there was an almost scattergun approach to management and recruitment. There was no clarity of thinking on or off the pitch and it has produced chaos.

It was a fault that lasted to the end, with Allardyce's backroom staff resembling a large commune rather than a tightly-knit team assisting the manager.

The constant managerial changes and turn-over of playing staff is no recipe for success at any level, least of all in the increasingly competitive Premier League environment.

And the sight of owner Ashley basking behind the goal with fans in his Newcastle shirt does little to fill anyone with confidence for the future.

It may make him look like the man of the people - but it is not the behaviour of a real football chairman. He must make hard-headed decisions, not indulge in policy on the hoof shaped by the shouts of a baying mob.

Ashley must get himself back to the directors' box, get a new manager, and give Newcastle United some continuity.

Alan Shearer is the popular choice as Allardyce's successor - and the brutal truth is Newcastle's fans will not be satisfied with anyone until their hero has had a crack.

This would still be a gamble, even if Shearer can be persuaded. He has no managerial experience, although you would not bet against him succeeding.

Newcastle now needs something it has not had in a generation. Namely a period of calm and stability to allow the club to grow and then flourish.

Is Ashley the man for this? The jury is very much out and his credentials are on the line with this appointment.

Until then, Newcastle will remain the Premiership's finest old music hall act, giving laughs and entertainment a-plenty to everyone but their own suffering supporters.

BBC - 606 - - A30900980 - Magpies madness

It's not that stupid, he's had long breaks from football before, and he was VERY clsoe to actually winning them a trophy. He built a superb side at Newcastle.

Yes he did.

And his team played the sort of gung-ho 'you score 3, we'll score 4' football that the geordies seem to want.

What's Keegan been up to lately anyway? Any chance of him actually going back there?