You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is that a pub or a south American prison?

I went on a shit pub tour of London Rd and Kensington the other week. Unfortunately there's hardly any pubs left on London Road. The Lord Warden is OK but has 80s decor and has that stale sweaty smell throughout the pub. The beer was actually ok but it was dead for a Friday night.

Went the paddy's bar a few doors up. Another place that houses society's forgotten people. A mix of the racing channel and tammy wynette being played in the background. Was dying for a shit but had to wait fucking ages because some fella on a mobility scooter had got into the bog before me. He had managed to slash all over the seat and floor so I managed to hang on until the next pub.

Went to the Lister Hotel in Kensington next. It's actually a very nice pub with grey granite on the outside and some ornate decor inside. The people and bar staff were friendly and if this pub was in town people would think it was great. Went the Edinburgh next, again disappointed by the lack of shitness and bagheads selling razorblades, nice pint again.

Went the Shiel Park which was a dump and had a few knobheads. Some knobhead in a bobble hat and an adidas tracky kept trying to intimidate us playing pool by calling us knobheads and saying he was on next but we just kept ignoring the bell end until he got bored. It was randomly full of Danish and Swedish footy fans who had come over for the game.

Think we missed out the real shit pubs called the Molyneux and Vine Brook. We then headed back into town. Pissed off I didn't do it a few years ago when some of the really shit pubs on London Rd were open.

• Upvote 3

I was in some rough arse ale house Xmas Eve after being roped in to staying at my birds for Xmas.

The Goose in Woodgreen North London, little did I know that Woodgreen has a reputation as being one of the roughest parts of London till asking about afterwards.

The place was full of rough lookers/crocks, I ended up getting wrecked and we got locked in till 2, according to my bird I was putting myself about and loud,fuck knows how I never managed to get myself knifed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump.

Went to Southport on Friday night and me and my mates went to a place called the Foghorn Bar at the back of the Scarisbrick hotel.

Absolute shit tip, loads of the seats had holes in them as they probably haven't been updated since the 80s. They had "best of the 80s" on a massive shit old telly in the bar but you will have thought you had travelled back to the 80s with the decor.

Two other customers looked like Charlie Manson and Amos from Emmerdale.my mate asked for the darts at the bar and the barmaid just shouted at him saying they don't play darts there anymore.

The sign of a shit pub is when the toilets are actually cleaner than the bar area.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

The Comet, The Cockatoo....Jeezus, what next, 'The Catatonic'?

Mook you really should invent a monopoly-like board game called 'The Glasgow Bender' (no, not that one!) where you compete with each other to get past the first three pubs without getting sent to jail/Barlinnie......or the infirmary.

They look hard auld stations to chew the fat in.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha fuck I forgot to put it on here but about a month ago (saturday of the last old firm) I ended up sat outside the dispensary with a couple of mates. we had only had 4 or 5 pints and were by no means pissed. i went inside for a piss then sat back down outside. i hand't even been the bar. Next thing the owner is collecting glasses outside and he gets right up to my face and goes "your off your face you are, no more" and walks back inside. I then have to tell the lads I'm with about this thread, pissing myself. Completely forgot to post it. Fella with the glasses, fucking headtheball.