You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'll check with him and let you know. Somewhere not far from Aber I think.

Invest in fabsil, and lots of it. Every time i camp there it pisses it down. Actually even when i'm not camping. I was in Machynlleth today, in the time it took me to walk just over half a mile i was soaked through.

I've been out and bought myself a new toy, all for me. The kids are never going near this one...

4 Berth Tents | Outwell Trout Lake 4 Tunnel Tent

outwell-trout-lake-4-polycotton-tent-2011-1952-p%5Bekm%5D350x262%5Bekm%5D.jpg

And my inverse snobbery means i need to tell you i didn't even pay half of that price.

Fucking hell, Sherry! How many tents have you got? I thought I had quite a few hats and coats, but your tent collection puts me to shame.

All are no longer still with us (RIP many a tent) due to winds and pretty much bad weather. Given that we camp about 25 times a year and in up to 50mph winds (don't recommend that) thats alot of up and downs so they don't last much more then one and a half seasons. I also put them up by myself so they're not handled as gently as what they would be if there was two to do it either.

at the moment i've got

1x 8 man - a coleman canyan 8 man. It's my new festival one, it's not as sturdy or big enough for a week away but it's light and small enough to carry across fields.

1x 6 man, though i've had this for about 3 years and it's on it's last legs.

2 x 5man, one's a steel poled for the windy camps and one's fiberglass for weekends but to be replaced by above 8 man.

This sexy beast four man one.

Loads of shitty 2/3 man tents that the kids go in when we go to sites that allow pup tents at no extra charge.

I need one more to see me through the summer weeks away, I put a request in for a Corvus 6 or 8 man today for the longer week camps.

I admit, i've got issues. Most women go for shoes, i get tents. ;)

My first weekend is booked in for the 17th of March in Brecon. I can't wait. Although i'm thinking of podding for some of the half term week in February.

*whispers* I only paid £150 for the Outwell, brand new from the shop and it's still in the box. Sweet!

• 1 month later...

My first weekend is booked in for the 17th of March in Brecon. I can't wait. Although i'm thinking of podding for some of the half term week in February.

Change of plan, i'm off camping in Bath this weekend. Go me!!! A certain cup date may have scuppered the above weekend too.

Caravan Holiday Somerset Pictures

Pub and kids play park on site, what more (other then staying warm) do you need?

I'm planning on doing the two weeks of Easter in Devon, Swanage for one site and i've yet to pick the next. Might give this a go, cheers Col.

It's brilliant mate.

I spent 6 weeks there every summer as a kid growing up, am in photos on their website still now.

Oh, and I lost my virginity in a maize field there and had a threesome with two slags in me folks caravan.

Happy days.

I really don't know what to say to that, other then my kids are never going there once they hit puberty.

HAHAHAHA

Some of the memories coming back...

My brother and I went down for a long weekend golfing about 8 years ago and I ended up shagging the horse riding instructor I'd fancied since I was 10.

When my brother and I went to yeatheridge the last time the weather was so good and we'd drank so much we didn't even put the tent up.

We put the seats down in my estate, laid out 2 double quilts which we kipped on with feather pillows and sleeping bags opened out on top with the boot open and our feet hanging out.

I've had worse beds in expensive hotels.

I've just bought this - Skandika Milano 10 Man Family Tent: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure

I cant wait to try her out..

Bloody hell Lou, who are you planning on taking with you? (you're welcome to my tribe if you want to max out it's capabilities?)

When my brother and I went to yeatheridge the last time the weather was so good and we'd drank so much we didn't even put the tent up.

We put the seats down in my estate, laid out 2 double quilts which we kipped on with feather pillows and sleeping bags opened out on top with the boot open and our feet hanging out.

I've had worse beds in expensive hotels.

I've arrived at a site so late we ended up sleeping in the car, it was a people carrier though so hardly a squeeze. I'm getting quite concerned about this site, your fondness revolves around alcohol and sexual exploits!

Bloody hell Lou, who are you planning on taking with you? (you're welcome to my tribe if you want to max out it's capabilities?)

I've arrived at a site so late we ended up sleeping in the car, it was a people carrier though so hardly a squeeze. I'm getting quite concerned about this site, your fondness revolves around alcohol and sexual exploits!

Nah mate, I loved it there from the age of 10.

It's a camping and caravining site based on a working farm. there is shit loads to do for kids, horse riding, swimming etc, brilliant walks and restaurant, take away and bar on site.

Go and tell Geoff you know me, you'll either get a sympathy pint or kicked off!

Theres usually 3 or 4 of us but I also have 2 dogs, hence going for something bigger.. the smell of wet dog in a small space has over the years got too much for me!!!

As for you tribe, usually Id jump at the chance, but even the new car cant fit that many in hehehe

I was getting some stuff out of the attic this morning and I spotted all my camping stuff in the corner. Stoves, chairs, tents and sleeping bags and all that. It's a nice morning too, and that kind of thing gets a bloke thinking...

Hmm.. I can feel a quick overnighter in Betys Y Coed coming on.

Impressive site, even if it was a bitch to get too. wouldn't recommend the camping on Electric hook up pitches, rather small.

Holiday in Bath - Newton Mill Holiday Park

Hope the weather picks up again this weekend, it's great being outdoors again.

Aveez, after managing this Saturday at a low temp of 2 degrees, if we've a mild one, fancy a new years eve camp one year?

Aveez, after managing this Saturday at a low temp of 2 degrees, if we've a mild one, fancy a new years eve camp one year?

My word, you're made of sterner stuff than me. There was me worrying if you'd survived! Did you have snow?

• 2 months later...
Jammy!

Just thinking north wales, not too far really cos the missus might be in work friday till about 6.

Should take you just under an hour an half to get here, i've not stayed yet - it's pencilled in for the end of august as its an half way point for mates. Bit steep but the camp fire won me over.

Llyn Rhys Campsite near Ruthin and Llangollen

Total longo posted one earlier in the thread around the Mold area - if you've got him on face ache drop him a message about it?

Edit, it may have been Paul?