You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The world well and truly jumped the shark a long long time ago!

I genuinely can't work out if people are taking the piss or being serious anymore!

Most of our perception of our country is framed through a very few media outlets owned/run and staffed by toffs.

I reckon the vast majority of ordinary people were gutted she's dead but think most of this is way ott.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Most of our perception of our country is framed through a very few media outlets owned/run and staffed by toffs.

I reckon the vast majority of ordinary people were gutted she's dead but think most of this is way ott.

Going to be interesting to see what the Sunday Sport go with. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Social media has made me very aware of the huge numbers of people who have mental issues. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The media does go over the top on anything that does a bit of flag waving though. Same with the jubilees, the Queen mother going & diana. I think they do it because it sells. 

I was in London earlier today and I wasn't really too close to Buckingham palace. I'd been around Shoreditch and the city early in the morning and then kings cross and Euston after that. I had noticed loads of people carrying flowers and thought it really weird - I was like "is it valentine's Day?". Then later on, on the train back here, I twigged it was people going to put them at the palace. I think loads of people are genuinely into the royal family and really feel they know them and treat the death of a royal like a death in their own family. 

And for the rest of us, it feels just fucking weird. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

The media does go over the top on anything that does a bit of flag waving though. Same with the jubilees, the Queen mother going & diana. I think they do it because it sells. 

I was in London earlier today and I wasn't really too close to Buckingham palace. I'd been around Shoreditch and the city early in the morning and then kings cross and Euston after that. I had noticed loads of people carrying flowers and thought it really weird - I was like "is it valentine's Day?". Then later on, on the train back here, I twigged it was people going to put them at the palace. I think loads of people are genuinely into the royal family and really feel they know them and treat the death of a royal like a death in their own family. 

And for the rest of us, it feels just fucking weird. 

Anyone who genuinely treats the death of someone in the royal family like someone from their own family should not be given the same rights as the rest of us. They certainly shouldn't be given a vote on anything remotely important either. Insane fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carradona said:

Anyone who genuinely treats the death of someone in the royal family like someone from their own family should not be given the same rights as the rest of us. They certainly shouldn't be given a vote on anything remotely important either. Insane fucking cunts.

I would say that's absolutely massive parts of our society. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucking hell, I hadn't heard that. 

That's not true

13 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Going to be interesting to see what the Sunday Sport go with. 

Love the sport remember picking my nans papers up with my cousins as kids the headline said "8 stone baby born" we saw the headline on a newspaper and believed it. We kept saying how mad it was as we were about 8 at time

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

That's not true

Love the sport remember picking my nans papers up with my cousins as kids the headline said "8 stone baby born" we saw the headline on a newspaper and believed it. We kept saying how mad it was as we were about 8 at time

I remember they ran a front page years ago saying that they’d found two skeletons at the front of the titanic wreck doing that same pose from the film with a blag picture of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I remember they ran a front page years ago saying that they’d found two skeletons at the front of the titanic wreck doing that same pose from the film with a blag picture of them. 

Yeah but as a kid you saw headlines on a paper and believed them. Although definitely more truth in the sport than the s*n

2 hours ago, Champ said:

Talking at work about this, we’re all convinced those pictures with Truss were prerecorded and that she’s deteriorated over a period of weeks before finally dying yesterday. Old people don’t go from healthy like that to dead in 2 days, especially one so closely monitored 

Not sure if your serious.