You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes for the 96

Adam_LFC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of a protest of Mackenzie but lumping that in with that sanctimonious Reclaim The Kop shit doesn't sit right.

Agree with that, at the moment it's achieved nothing apart from coming across as a scatter gun, preachy load of tripe. Somewhere in amongst it is probably a good idea but it's buried mongst the nonsense at the moment.

And it comes from a fanzine based outside of Liverpool. Slightly hypocritical of them. The offal shouldn't encourage it either.

I didnt think the RTK campaign was an anti OOT movement, in fact im sure on the site they go to great lengths to make sure that its not interpreted as that. My impression was that it was a last ditch attempt to get some atmosphere back to Anfield because its fuckin shit and has been for a few years now, everyone on here's mentioned it on numerous occasions so I dont see why its hypocritical?

I didnt think the RTK campaign was an anti OOT movement, in fact im sure on the site they go to great lengths to make sure that its not interpreted as that. My impression was that it was a last ditch attempt to get some atmosphere back to Anfield because its fuckin shit and has been for a few years now, everyone on here's mentioned it on numerous occasions so I dont see why its hypocritical?

I heard there was something written about making more noise for league games in yesterdays programme.

I heard there was something written about making more noise for league games in yesterdays programme.

I was in the Anny Road end a few weeks ago CH, standing down by the tea bar, and some fella about 50 odd asked me if he was in the kop! And that is the gods honest truth.

If people don't even know what part of the ground they're sitting in, how the fuck can we get an atmos going? (well I don't mean us). There's been loads of times where i've been standing there thinking "C'mon ay!?! ".

I like the idea of a protest of Mackenzie but lumping that in with that sanctimonious Reclaim The Kop shit doesn't sit right.

well on the other side of the flyer there will be a RTK sheet but I chose only to post the 6 mins for the 96 sheet because I feel it is more important.

I also don't like the language that flier uses. All this talk of enemies, wretches, revulsion, dispicable... it's too, how would you say.... cavalier and preachy.

I think I've said before that if we stand a chance of winning the argument with McKenzie then we have to fight in his own back yard. I'd like to see a captain of industry, MP, lawyers, judges etc etc coming forward with first hand accounts of their experiences of Hillsborough. Get that into the broadsheets.

I really can't believe the official site are supporting this monstrosity of a campaign. Telling the very people who are buying tickets exactly how they can or can't behave. That Kop Charter was one of the most self-righteous pieces of garbage I have ever come across in my entire life. I almost feel like defying it, just for the sake of rebelling against it.

It makes me want to go out and buy a jesters hat and a replica shirt to go over my long sleeved t-shirt! Telling people what they should and shouldn't wear is ludicrous. I was reading the article in the lower Anny and there was a guy in the lower Centenary, Norwegian I think, covered from head to toe in Liverpool stuff. Smile like a cheshire cat, happy to be Anfield, singing along. In fact one of the most vocal in the Centenary. He had a jesters hat on. At half time someone must've said something or pointed the article out to him cos he removed it. Why shouldn't he wear it if he's happy? They'll have us all looking like Mancs - Indie band rejects in dark clothing smoking roll ups with the tinniest of pin badges allowed to show your allegiance.

yesterday I read through the whole release on reclaiming the Kop and I didn't see much wrong in it.

It talks about re-establishing some of the better stuff associated with LFC and supporting all 11 players as Liverpool players on the pitch. It talked about welcoming all Liverpool fans and getting rid of some of the shite chants such as "who are ye" etc and replacing it with local songs and chnats about Liverpool. So what makes it sanctimonius?

The general idea of RTK is good. It's not about being anti-oot or being sanctimonious. Give it a chance. But there's a real danger of people taking it all the wrong way and it becoming too much a case of "do this, do that blah blah blah".

As for the 6 minutes for the 96, I think it's one of the most bizarre ideas ever. It's not 6 minutes for the 96 at all, it's 6 minutes for people to bang on about the s*n, MacKenzie and revenge. It's typical of a lot of attitudes around Hillsborough these days and people will just jump on the bandwagon as they seem to think it makes them a better fan if they plaster themselves in HJC stickers and shout justice the loudest.

This is all a bit wrong, fuck MacKenzie and fuck the s*n. The fight for justice can go on, but lets do it in a more dignified way. Hillsborough should be about rememberance, not revenge and bitternes.

Can't see it happening anyway, a lot of people could be made to look very stupid as I can't see more than a few thousand people joining in with chants and stuff, and what if we score early?

All very strange - and why suddenly bring this up 18 years later? I know MacKenzie spouted his shite again recently but he hasn't been stuck under a rock for the last 17 and a half years.

Can someone tell me what songs of truth are because I'm lost on that one?

I'm in two minds with this whole reclaim the Kop business; I can see that there is sense behind it and that the atmosphere needs improving but feel that the way it's being done isn't going to lead to a bright new glorious era of great fans. People can't sit with mates and you aren't going to get away from that when looking at a lack of atmosphere.

I got a copy of the last RAOTL, first time I have, this issue and it struck me that there's a lot of noble sentiment there but it lacked a sense of humour and a human touch. And man, they ain't winning no caption awards any time soon.

I got a copy of the last RAOTL, first time I have, this issue and it struck me that there's a lot of noble sentiment there but it lacked a sense of humour and a human touch. And man, they ain't winning no caption awards any time soon.

I bought it once, last season, it didn't get such an elaborate analysis as yours; it's shit were my words. It's humour is 1940sesque.