You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes for the 96

Adam_LFC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAOTL used to be good. Used to = the past. And the past is exactly where most of the RAOTL crew live.

I've seen a few comments on their forum about TLW, they don't like us either.

I've read a few comments on other forums about the fanzine but most of the lads who have bad things to say about it are 'super fans' who don't like it's sometimes critical angle. Mustn't say a bad word whilst being in an LFC-induced utopia.

As others have said launching RTK and an anti-S*n (Mackenzie) demo might be over-ambitious and lead to some confusion over RTK's very noble aims.

I don't believe it is anti-ooter but from what I've seen on other forums it's likely to be hijacked by those with that agenda.

I was hungover at Charlton to the point of still being drunk and kept shouting "Liverpool supporters, drunk all over the land" next to some ugly dude selling RAOTL.

It was fun. Then: I saw an imaginary wasp (coz my mate had given me loads of codeine and extra strong Guinness to cure the disease) and starting flapping my arms around holding the Nigerian brew. It went all over my friends 13 year old brother who was going his first away.

You gotta damage the body to reach the soul.

TLW reaches the soul with our soul leader Dave "yeah, yeah" Usher.

As others have said launching RTK and an anti-S*n (Mackenzie) demo might be over-ambitious and lead to some confusion over RTK's very noble aims.

I don't believe it is anti-ooter but from what I've seen on other forums it's likely to be hijacked by those with that agenda.

Defo; it's what happens in issues like this. It's slightly different but racists hijack legitimate debate about immigration. The debate begins reasonably and then ends by being suffocated by racist and anti-foreign sentiment.

I was hungover at Charlton to the point of still being drunk and kept shouting "Liverpool supporters, drunk all over the land" next to some ugly dude selling RAOTL.

It was fun. Then: I saw an imaginary wasp (coz my mate had given me loads of codeine and extra strong Guinness to cure the disease) and starting flapping my arms around holding the Nigerian brew. It went all over my friends 13 year old brother who was going his first away.

You gotta damage the body to reach the soul.

TLW reaches the soul with our soul leader Dave "yeah, yeah" Usher.

Ha, ha, ha!!!

I like many others am very wary of this RTK campaign. Like most others, I dont like the idea of telling people what they can and cant do at games.

I dont like the idea of mixing the RTK and justice campaign. As Cath suggested we need to fight this battle on the broadsheets, tabloids and through the media. Singing "Justice for the 96" for 6 mins at the start of every cup game is useless and does little for the 96. It just makes people with their HJC badges feel good about themselves. How much media coverage will it get? The bbc (or whoever televises the game) will simply alter the sound so the chants cannot be heard on tv and they will not air any justice banners. At Wigan away there were loads of anti-Sun, Mc Kenzie chants and banners but none of it made it to the national media.

I don't think this, like the rest of the RTK stuff, will be a success. How do they plan on achieving this six minutes of singing... is one dude going to stand at the front of the Kop with a stopwatch and conduct the whole thing?

It just isn't realistic.

I also don't like the language that flier uses. All this talk of enemies, wretches, revulsion, dispicable... it's too, how would you say.... cavalier and preachy.

I really can't believe the official site are supporting this monstrosity of a campaign. Telling the very people who are buying tickets exactly how they can or can't behave. That Kop Charter was one of the most self-righteous pieces of garbage I have ever come across in my entire life. I almost feel like defying it, just for the sake of rebelling against it.

I do not, under any circumstances, want to be grouped in with these superfan pricks, or the shit 30-page-long-in-joke fanzine that supports it.

Once again, Reclaim the Kop from whom?

Top post.

It makes me want to go out and buy a jesters hat and a replica shirt to go over my long sleeved t-shirt! Telling people what they should and shouldn't wear is ludicrous. I was reading the article in the lower Anny and there was a guy in the lower Centenary, Norwegian I think, covered from head to toe in Liverpool stuff. Smile like a cheshire cat, happy to be Anfield, singing along. In fact one of the most vocal in the Centenary. He had a jesters hat on. At half time someone must've said something or pointed the article out to him cos he removed it. Why shouldn't he wear it if he's happy? They'll have us all looking like Mancs - Indie band rejects in dark clothing smoking roll ups with the tinniest of pin badges allowed to show your allegiance.

This is the part of the RTK campaign that I do feel is a bit iffy, personally I've never gone for the whole replica top thing (I much prefer a cheeky TLW tshirt!) but telling people what to wear is a bit out of order me thinks.

However Ive got to say, in my opinion, goin the match has got worse and worse over the years and obviously has for a lot of other people and thats why I hope RTK might just spark something off - Its a sad state of affairs when you have a better day watchin the footy in the ale house with yer mates than you do at the ground........

Broadly I'm in favour of the RTK campaign but they should just focus on trying to get a decent atmosphere and getting rid of the knobhead chants.

Who really gives a fuck if someone's not dressed "properly" ? We'd really be a laughing stock if we all looked like that little kopite guy dancing with his rattle.

And mixing RTK with Hillsborough is a bit daft.

No campaign is going to work unless it's got clearly limited aims. A blunderbuss approach is just asking for the campaign to implode.

Broadly I'm in favour of the RTK campaign but they should just focus on trying to get a decent atmosphere and getting rid of the knobhead chants.

Who really gives a fuck if someone's not dressed "properly" ? We'd really be a laughing stock if we all looked like that little kopite guy dancing with his rattle.

No campaign is going to work unless it's got clearly limited aims. A blunderbuss approach is just asking for the campaign to implode.

Agree with all of it and the highlighted part should form the essence of their campaign. It needs to be focussed, like you say, and have defined aims and goals.

There was better atmosphere at the Liverpool Legends game in Aalesund Norway this summer than there is at Anfield during a normal PL game. I dont have the answers on how to change it, but something better change, and fast, because the way it stands now the highlight of coming over is singing at the pub before the match.

The RTK campaign seems too full of bitterness. And as someone said earlier, the HJC campaign shouldnt get mixed in with the atmosphere debate, it has nothing to do with it.

It dilutes the HJC and muddies the water.

The best chance to improve things is during the move. The fans need to be in dialogue with the club about a way to best organise an area where people feel free to sing without being looked at like you've just pissed on someone's trousers. I accept that pay on the door and go in with your mates probably isn't going to happen so they need to organise some way of allocating tickets in a large section of the new kop to people who want to be loud.

The best chance to improve things is during the move. The fans need to be in dialogue with the club about a way to best organise an area where people feel free to sing without being looked at like you've just pissed on someone's trousers. I accept that pay on the door and go in with your mates probably isn't going to happen so they need to organise some way of allocating tickets in a large section of the new kop to people who want to be loud.

Agree with all of that.

The club should designate some section where people are expected to create an atmosphere and reminded of it when they buy their tickets in the same way you're told if you're buying a restricted view. Anyone not joining in should be the one looked at as if he's just pissed on someone's trousers. If you don't like it, sit somewhere else.

The stewards should be encouraged to turn a blind eye if there's a bit of standing - just like they do on European nights.

I was in the Anny Road end a few weeks ago CH, standing down by the tea bar, and some fella about 50 odd asked me if he was in the kop! And that is the gods honest truth.

If people don't even know what part of the ground they're sitting in, how the fuck can we get an atmos going? (well I don't mean us). There's been loads of times where i've been standing there thinking "C'mon ay!?! ".

I'm outside the upper cent, i must have around 50people a game asking me which stands are which (strangely none of them are ever away fans). Normally they're carrying 20 club store bags in each hand. I was shocked about how many people didnt know their way around the ground when I first started. I'm used to it now though.

I'm outside the upper cent, i must have around 50people a game asking me which stands are which (strangely none of them are ever away fans). Normally they're carrying 20 club store bags in each hand. I was shocked about how many people didnt know their way around the ground when I first started. I'm used to it now though.

It's bad isn't it. You wanna see how many people get into the ground as soon as the gates open, it's fuckin stupid.

What's equally as bad is the majority of knobs who take to their seat two mins before kick off, resulting in zero atmosphere.

So were sayin about 15 - 20 mins before KO? I'd be alright with that, the ones who get in as soon as the gate open are normally asleep or fuckin knackerd by the time the game kick's off. ;)

What's equally as bad is the majority of knobs who take to their seat two mins before kick off, resulting in zero atmosphere.

They're season ticket holders mainly. There's a pattern to people entering the ground.

1hr30-1hr before KO - Foreigners, day trippers and families

1hr-15mins before - Matchday tickets

Last 15 - Season ticket holders

Normally the queue is about 15 deep with ST holders 5mins before KO.

In the Anny Road lower the row numbers are a wee bit confusing so people tend to sit in the wrong row. Invariably just as YNWA is getting going there'll be daytrippers wandering around clueless asking if everyone's sure they're in the right seat.

They're season ticket holders mainly. There's a pattern to people entering the ground.

1hr30-1hr before KO - Foreigners, day trippers and families

1hr-15mins before - Matchday tickets

Last 15 - Season ticket holders

Normally the queue is about 15 deep with ST holders 5mins before KO.

the season Ticket holders just come in an sit in there seat though, so it's sound. At the Watford game some fella come over to me and said someone was sittin in his seat, so i went over to check it out and the fella in his seat couldn't speak English I had to move him to his proper seat and by the time I did his mate, who could speak English, came back with the hot dogs and I had to explain to him for about 10 mins what was going on.

I'm there to watch the match! Don't these people understand? :(