You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russell Brand

Thants

Russell Brand - Well?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Russell Brand - Well?

• Surreal genius on speed?
    • Unfunny twat
    • Who's Russell Brand?

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I think Rush Limbaugh started it. Maybe even Howard stern in some respects.

Would have to take it back to Imus if you are saying that.

I disagree on Stern, smart guy who knew what he was doing and was one of the best at a time when radio was huge. Also a pretty good interviewer, especially nowdays.

• Upvote 1

He's always looked and sounded a bellend, though he has donated to the Hillsborough campaign so he's not a 100% blert, so there is still good in all of us. His problem was I think he did actually want to be in all of us, well all the birds at least. 

Always convinced he had spiders in his hair, as well. The gonk.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

He’s entitled to a fair trial, same as Benjamin Mendy was.

Trial be media is a bit weird. Instantly guilty?

The weird thing is people exaggerating the impact of what people think. 

Most people aren't saying he should be in jail right away, they're just saying he seems like a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I am and remain a massive believer of innocent until proven guilty, I know it’s an anachronism now but there you go. That said I’ve just watched the documentary and it really doesn’t look good. The problem is now is how would he ever get a fair trial if it goes criminal as it surely must?  I see the Sun voted him “shagger of the year” in 2006 and indeed he went on to win the award three years in a row. I’m presuming the same “newspaper” is now steaming into him with gusto. That thing really does need shutting down, a truly horrendous rag. 

I put up with 7 minutes of the 'documentary' before giving up. 

The ominous chords playing over footage of him smiling is fucking cringe.  

They open with the voice-actor's absurd line about Brand somehow being too powerful to accuse of rape. What are you fucking on about? He's barely fucking famous now, even back then he was a figure of fun for many, and riddled with character faults that the CPS would love to expose in a criminal case.

If Dispatches and The Times can't hand over to the police a file of hard evidence against him after a year of access to five victims, against an ex-junkie with self-confessed sex addiction  issues, and now an unkempt conspiracy nut, then they deserve absolute obliteration in the High Court. 

But it's all very fucking odd, the historical aspect of these allegations and how these 5 have found each other.  

Trial by media is lowest of the low. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the problem though, it's just becoming a pile-on for anyone who has ever thought Brand is a twat. This is now a subliminal fact that proves their assertions correct. 

The quicker we can get him in Belmarsh and silenced the quicker they can claim victory in the "what I thought about Brand' Olympics. 

It's a shambles. 

It should actually be illegal to do this. I hope to God he's guilty otherwise this is a bloodbath. Perhaps literally. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

To be fair, I looked back in here and saw myself saying he can't be all bad as he pissed off cleverley to the point he called him a twat on air.

So, for now, I think cleverley is perfectly allowed to say "I told you so, he is a twat". 

He might be but then you keep silent about 6 tory MPs under investigation since 2019

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I put up with 7 minutes of the 'documentary' before giving up. 

The ominous chords playing over footage of him smiling is fucking cringe.  

They open with the voice-actor's absurd line about Brand somehow being too powerful to accuse of rape. What are you fucking on about? He's barely fucking famous now, even back then he was a figure of fun for many, and riddled with character faults that the CPS would love to expose in a criminal case.

If Dispatches and The Times can't hand over to the police a file of hard evidence against him after a year of access to five victims, against an ex-junkie with self-confessed sex addiction  issues, and now an unkempt conspiracy nut, then they deserve absolute obliteration in the High Court. 

But it's all very fucking odd, the historical aspect of these allegations and how these 5 have found each other.  

Trial by media is lowest of the low. 

I remember there was a time (mid 2000's when he was huge and never off the tele,

personally, I wouldn’t say having a prime-time slot on radio 2 amounts to being barely famous and he was certainly seems to have been protected by the higher ups.

A powerful man using his influence to, allegedly, induldge in some very iffy behaviour odd?I wouldn’t say so. 

13 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

He's always looked and sounded a bellend, though he has donated to the Hillsborough campaign so he's not a 100% blert, so there is still good in all of us. His problem was I think he did actually want to be in all of us, well all the birds at least. 

Always convinced he had spiders in his hair, as well. The gonk.  

repped for "Gonk". Not heard that in a while

33 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I remember there was a time (mid 2000's when he was huge and never off the tele,

personally, I wouldn’t say having a prime-time slot on radio 2 amounts to being barely famous and he was certainly seems to have been protected by the higher ups.

A powerful man using his influence to, allegedly, induldge in some very iffy behaviour odd?I wouldn’t say so. 

Ah but he's a BBC employee, and it's fair game on BBC iffy characters, so again I don't regard him as being untouchable. 

Like I say, I'm just disgusted at the trial-by-media and how readily people are ready to throw someone in prison without a fair trial.  

I defend Brand because I defend every idiot out there who is accused of something by 'journalists'.  

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ah but he's a BBC employee, and it's fair game on BBC iffy characters, so again I don't regard him as being untouchable. 

Like I say, I'm just disgusted at the trial-by-media and how readily people are ready to throw someone in prison without a fair trial.  

I defend Brand because I defend every idiot out there who is accused of something by 'journalists'.  

I sort of get where you're coming from. These are allegations at this stage yet he's already had the plug pulled on his, admittedly questionable, livelihood. 

If that happened to an ordinary joe questions would rightfully be asked.

• Upvote 2