You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryder Cup Last Day

bri

Ohhh.... Was it breast cancer that got Darren Clarke's wife? How crass do I feel.

Fair play to them. It was very emotional all through the weekend, and I'm not sure I could have coped in that situation. Sounds like he had an incredible amount of support though; from both teams.

Ohhh.... Was it breast cancer that got Darren Clarke's wife? How crass do I feel.

Fair play to them. It was very emotional all through the weekend, and I'm not sure I could have coped in that situation. Sounds like he had an incredible amount of support though; from both teams.

at least you aren't making a joke about it.

This was without doubt one of the most emotional peices of sporting threatre I have ever seen and im not ashamed to say it brought a tear or two to my eye.

The celelbrations were more enjoyablle to watch than the golf

Heather Clarke YNWA (i think this is a justified case for using such words as sometimes it is over used)

A very emotional day

This was without doubt one of the most emotional peices of sporting threatre I have ever seen and im not ashamed to say it brought a tear or two to my eye.

The celelbrations were more enjoyablle to watch than the golf

Heather Clarke YNWA (i think this is a justified case for using such words as sometimes it is over used)

A very emotional day

I concur.

no it's the fields of something else dunno what. We have adapted it ourselves. Celtic also sing a version. I'm sure someone else on here will know what.

On Radio 5 this morning one of the American Journalist's speculated that with Europe doing so well in recent years the tournament may suffer in the US due to lack of interest from the American public.

How typically american!! Radio 5 were speculating that seeing as Tiger is number 1 for so long the rest are just happy to earn a living on the tour with no onus to win.

Overall though I'm not a real golf fan, just the big tournaments but the ryder cup never fails to deliver.

no it's the fields of something else dunno what. We have adapted it ourselves. Celtic also sing a version. I'm sure someone else on here will know what.

On Radio 5 this morning one of the American Journalist's speculated that with Europe doing so well in recent years the tournament may suffer in the US due to lack of interest from the American public.

How typically american!! Radio 5 were speculating that seeing as Tiger is number 1 for so long the rest are just happy to earn a living on the tour with no onus to win.

Overall though I'm not a real golf fan, just the big tournaments but the ryder cup never fails to deliver.

Its called "The Fields of Athenry"...possibly the most popular irish song and its the second anthem.

Its called "The Fields of Athenry"...possibly the most popular irish song and its the second anthem.

I'll let Gav & co educate everyone about the importance of the Fields of Athenry and the lyrics of the original song as im not Irish by birth

Great day and im glad someone from TLW was there to see it live