You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We need a world class right winger

Rashid

BUT THE CHAVS MOVE IN

Real Betis' Spain international winger Joaquin Sanchez could be on his way to Chelsea this summer after the player's father claimed the two clubs have reached an agreement over his future.

Aurelio Sanchez, who is also Joaquin's representative, told Radio Sevilla that he expected his son to leave Betis this summer with Chelsea a possible destination.

"It is going to be a busy summer and I think Joaquin is going to move then," said Aurelio.

"Chelsea are going to offer more than 30 million euros (£21million) for Joaquin and (Betis president Manuel Ruiz de) Lopera is convinced by the offer."

"Now they will have to convince Joaquin."

Convincing Joaquin could be the major sticking point to any move to England.

For several months Joaquin has hinted that he would prefer to join Real Madrid, and flirted with the club in the days before the two sides met in the Primera Liga less than a fortnight ago.

The fact that Jose Antonio Reyes, another Andalusian and friend of Joaquin's, is struggling to adapt to life with Arsenal, could also influence his decision.

Nevertheless, Joaquin's father is optimistic he could still join Chelsea.

"If the difference in offers is not much, then Real Madrid has a strong appeal. However, if there is a huge difference, he'll have to go to England."

"We have a friend there who sent us a fax and we were shocked when we saw the offer on the table. It was in pounds and euros and we couldn't believe it."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah coz if it wasn't for Chelsea we could sign him for £21m couldn't we.

Does your balloon ever land, Rashid?

Yes I know all that Dave, but think about this way.

In 2002 we signed Daio, Diouf and Cheyrou for £20M. We could have signed Duff for £17M for example.

This year Joaquin is available for £21M, SWP £15M, etc. I'd rather us pay big money for proven talent like that then buy 3-4 players who are like Josemi, Nunez etc.

Less is more.

Joaquin has never struck me as a playa suited to English footy.

Why not? He is nothing like a 'Spanish winger' in the mould of a Reyes or Vicente.

Joaquin looks like Steven Gerrard, tall, bulked out, aggressive and skillful. He destroyed Ashley Cole and Gary Neville when England played Spain. Perfect for PL.

I'd rather us pay big money for proven talent like that then buy 3-4 players who are like Josemi, Nunez etc.

This being the Josemi and Nunez we payed a combined sum of £2m for? So by that logic, you think we could get Joaquin for £4m?

Rash, don't put Rafa in the same bracket as Ged. Ged waisted all that cash on Diao, Diouf and Cheyrou, those signings do not compare to Nunez and Josemi.

This being the Josemi and Nunez we payed a combined sum of £2m for? So by that logic, you think we could get Joaquin for £4m?

Rash, don't put Rafa in the same bracket as Ged. Ged waisted all that cash on Diao, Diouf and Cheyrou, those signings do not compare to Nunez and Josemi.

Sorry mate, my point is I would rather have us spend big money on 3-4 additions to the squad this summer that will make a difference rather than spend loads on 7-8 new faces.

Sorry mate, my point is I would rather have us spend big money on 3-4 additions to the squad this summer that will make a difference rather than spend loads on 7-8 new faces.

I agree on this. Buy proven quality (whatever that is) in stead of quantity. I think Joaquin is too expensive for us though, at least if we are to buy 2-3 players in addition to him.

Have faith in Rafa Rash, he knows what he is doing.......you do not always need to pay BIG bucks for great players, look at Moro!

Moro was a reserve at his club and hadn't played in a while, he is also approaching 30 I think - but he was still an absolute bargain.

Alonso, Garcia are also good signings.

Which is why I would rather him spend a few million rather than shop in a charity shop.

think he will if given money will buy quality rather then quantity, Rafa ethic seems to be relying on younger and local players hence the carling cup run, breeding these players thru the reserves and cup runs and instilling his ways into them so when they are ready to be called upon will fit easy into the first team

Moro was a reserve at his club and hadn't played in a while, he is also approaching 30 I think - but he was still an absolute bargain.

He is 28, and therefore at his peak, he would be first choice at 99% of the top european clubs, his goal scoring at every level is consistent and yet you still try and pick holes Rash, wtf? He was a reserve at Madrid because of Raul & Ronaldo, don't use that as a point to put a negative slant on his signing. He was a fcukin bargian, end of!

He is 28, and therefore at his peak, he would be first choice at 99% of the top european clubs, his goal scoring at every level is consistent and yet you still try and pick holes Rash, wtf? He was a reserve at Madrid because of Raul & Ronaldo, don't use that as a point to put a negative slant on his signing. He was a fcukin bargian, end of!

Hear hear.

He was only a "reserve" because Raul is undroppable whilst they paid megabucks for the fat Bugs Bunny.

Moro is a total class act, only a buffoon would think otherwise.

BUT THE CHAVS MOVE IN

Real Betis' Spain international winger Joaquin Sanchez could be on his way to Chelsea this summer after the player's father claimed the two clubs have reached an agreement over his future.

Aurelio Sanchez, who is also Joaquin's representative, told Radio Sevilla that he expected his son to leave Betis this summer with Chelsea a possible destination.

"It is going to be a busy summer and I think Joaquin is going to move then," said Aurelio.

"Chelsea are going to offer more than 30 million euros (£21million) for Joaquin and (Betis president Manuel Ruiz de) Lopera is convinced by the offer."

"Now they will have to convince Joaquin."

Convincing Joaquin could be the major sticking point to any move to England.

For several months Joaquin has hinted that he would prefer to join Real Madrid, and flirted with the club in the days before the two sides met in the Primera Liga less than a fortnight ago.

The fact that Jose Antonio Reyes, another Andalusian and friend of Joaquin's, is struggling to adapt to life with Arsenal, could also influence his decision.

Nevertheless, Joaquin's father is optimistic he could still join Chelsea.

"If the difference in offers is not much, then Real Madrid has a strong appeal. However, if there is a huge difference, he'll have to go to England."

"We have a friend there who sent us a fax and we were shocked when we saw the offer on the table. It was in pounds and euros and we couldn't believe it."

Boris Johnson and Michael Howard ? ALthough neither are truly world class I grant you..

He said he was a bargain but he also tried tp put a negative slant on the signing by saying he was a reserve and is approaching 30 (which he isn't!).....

Sad as it may be, we're all either approaching 30 or looking back longing for it ;)