You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Something I mused on whilst I tried to get a six month old with a cold to go to sleep last night:

Fucking hate the shoe being on the other foot. We're normally the team who have last minute winners in mad games like that. I don't like some other cunts getting that glowing feeling and being the ones who have to face up to it. Especially when it's them. Poxy cunts.

Still though, agree with everyone saying it's bizarre how much it's being hyped up because the mancs always need to be patted on the head at every given opportunity. It's never enough for them to have won a crazy game, no, it has to be the greatest win against the greatest odds of all time - in the same way it's never enough for them to have a promising young player, no, it's got to be a player who will inevitably become the best player in the league, if not the world. You know as soon as a game like that finishes what will happen: days of headlines about "top 5 FA cup games" with this one at the top, and wank-in-a-flannel puff pieces telling us how bright their future is because of their smiling happy young players with the world at their feet, showing just how clever a club yernited are: even if they're shit now, they're cleverer than everyone by being the best team tomorrow. Just you all wait and see.

Fucking hate them, the media darling cunts. Fuck off.

i don't know why anyone wouldn't think it would be hyped. it's a 4-3 game, with a last minute extra-time winner, with the 2 biggest names in english football, live on free to air national TV in the quarter final of the FA Cup. you can't have it that our matches with them are the biggest domestic game, then in such dramatic style ending and hope nobody will care. if the boot was on the other foot, we'd be bouncing everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Worth remembering they have the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport.

Not quite the plucky underdogs people might think they are.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im still hacked off this morning, had to ban myself from all media bar this forum.

We are such a stupid bunch of idiots at times, the way we switch off in games when its too easy, boils my blood.

i am the exact opposite. i am just not arsed. it hurt in the moment, but we have bigger things and if we can use this to help get us over the line in the league, then it just doesn't matter. i don't really care about the uefa either, i would be using that purely to keep players in rhythm if we have some coming back, so we can have maximum performance in the league matches. we deserve another title and so does klopp. cup days are great and everything, but we've had one this season and it is probably the best one in terms of a fan experience because of the number of tickets you get. now onto winning the league and hopefully having the moment in front of a full anfield with a record crowd. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Apparently this piece of Scum is a serving police officer if it's true his force should be throwing the book at him 

Screenshot_20240318_101341_X.jpg

you know what amazes me more than anything, is there are individuals picked out who do this sort of shit - how fucking stupid do you have to be to do that with camera phones everywhere and probably about 40 TV cameras in the stadium. in an emptying stadium in the front row. honestly, there are genuinely no levels to how thick some people are. 

28 minutes ago, Manny said:

Something I mused on whilst I tried to get a six month old with a cold to go to sleep last night:

Fucking hate the shoe being on the other foot. We're normally the team who have last minute winners in mad games like that. I don't like some other cunts getting that glowing feeling and being the ones who have to face up to it. Especially when it's them. Poxy cunts.

Still though, agree with everyone saying it's bizarre how much it's being hyped up because the mancs always need to be patted on the head at every given opportunity. It's never enough for them to have won a crazy game, no, it has to be the greatest win against the greatest odds of all time - in the same way it's never enough for them to have a promising young player, no, it's got to be a player who will inevitably become the best player in the league, if not the world. You know as soon as a game like that finishes what will happen: days of headlines about "top 5 FA cup games" with this one at the top, and wank-in-a-flannel puff pieces telling us how bright their future is because of their smiling happy young players with the world at their feet, showing just how clever a club yernited are: even if they're shit now, they're cleverer than everyone by being the best team tomorrow. Just you all wait and see.

Fucking hate them, the media darling cunts. Fuck off.

This is only the beginning. 

Peter Drury has two full weeks to write a soliloquy about the game. It’s going to get much worse, before it gets better.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i am the exact opposite. i am just not arsed. it hurt in the moment, but we have bigger things and if we can use this to help get us over the line in the league, then it just doesn't matter. i don't really care about the uefa either, i would be using that purely to keep players in rhythm if we have some coming back, so we can have maximum performance in the league matches. we deserve another title and so does klopp. cup days are great and everything, but we've had one this season and it is probably the best one in terms of a fan experience because of the number of tickets you get. now onto winning the league and hopefully having the moment in front of a full anfield with a record crowd. 

I'm still pissed off about it but the rest is spot on. This season is all about Jurgen signing off with the league.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

you know what amazes me more than anything, is there are individuals picked out who do this sort of shit - how fucking stupid do you have to be to do that with camera phones everywhere and probably about 40 TV cameras in the stadium. in an emptying stadium in the front row. honestly, there are genuinely no levels to how thick some people are. 

Absolutely bang on Barry the level of stupidity is remarkable 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I've been blown away by the reaction to this game. Saying on the news it will be talked about for years. 

Eh? It wasn't even a final. It wasn't even a semi final. 

It wasn't a pulsating classic, it was one side that couldn't be arsed adding the finishing touch that got its trousers pulled down twice. 

I genuinely don't even remember the finer details of our CL final win against Spurs, because it was a shite game against a mediocre opponent, yet this is seemingly a great victory for "the biggest club in the world", even though they, erm, didn't get a medal.

I remember some PL big wig saying the mancs being shite was bad for business or something, I do wonder if there's a concerted effort to build them up over every little victory.

You're kidding yourself mate. It was Man United vs Liverpool in a latter round of the cherished FA Cup Live on terrestrial TV, that ended 4-3 in the very last seconds of extra time, with an equaliser in the last minutes of 90, with the team that won being vastly inferior to the team that didn't but believing they should be top dogs.

This will be talked about For decades. Well, at least will still be talked about decades from now.

Like it or (obviously) not.

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i don't know why anyone wouldn't think it would be hyped. it's a 4-3 game, with a last minute extra-time winner, with the 2 biggest names in english football, live on free to air national TV in the quarter final of the FA Cup. you can't have it that our matches with them are the biggest domestic game, then in such dramatic style ending and hope nobody will care. if the boot was on the other foot, we'd be bouncing everywhere. 

100%. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They take huge risks in our danger areas but play it safe in theirs. It's annoying because we are hearing about united spirit when in reality it was down to one of the most brain dead performances I've seen from us.

Agree.

When Klopp said "they deserved to win" it shouldv'e been "we deserved to loose"

They wanted to play a disorganized gung-ho match, and we allowed them to just that in the first 30 and last 30 mins of the game. They were like a pubteam on stereoids and speed. We didn't cope with it and took way too many risks ourselves. We handed them this win.

• Upvote 1