You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Paul Tierney a cunt?

Elite

Cunt?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Is Paul Tierney a cunt?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 15:08

Manchester City on X: "Paul Tierney will take charge of #efcvcity this  Saturday at Goodison Park. https://t.co/QyrI0ZC5UI" / X

The astonishing moment Jurgen Klopp confronts referee Paul Tierney on the  pitch after Tottenham draw | Daily Mail Online

The smiling thing - it just shows how hopelessly out of touch refs are, because they're trained to do that, they're actually advised it's a clever thing to do - 'It shows you're confident and relaxed, not at all intimidated, you're sure of what you're doing, etc etc'. Whereas, of course, it really pisses off players and fans and further amplifies the essential twattery of each individual. What other non-showbiz profession would think that's a tactic that will work? A traffic warden? 'Yeah, just as I give him the ticket, I'll smile and nod as I'm doing it, that'll calm the whole thing down...' These idiots have really weirdly wired brains, such tiny brains as they have. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2023 at 22:39, gkmacca said:

He was awful. A textbook example of how not to referee. Only certain refs think it's a great idea to start laughing during a game. He was pissing himself when our goals were struck off. What exactly is the positive point of that? I'd love to know. Then he books Matip because, as far as I could see, Matip was appalled at his decision to judge his tackle as a foul. Then he has another laugh. He was like that all through the game. The job seems to attract wannabe prison wardens who settle as refs, and he's one of them - very strange human beings who seem to use the sport as a means to drain away their teeming resentment at the world, like a puss-filled pimple, for not finding their miserable existence and utter lack of talent as worthy of a cuddle. He's a shitarse of the first order.

A fair few coppers used to referee park football. I think it came with the job.

I think, if anything, they merit less respect, not more. Otherwise it's like saying that to respect syntax you need to respect copy editors. The latter aren't always competent. Refs are just there to rubber stamp the rules, not puff out their chests, play to the cameras and strut around doing all the preening gestures. The big campaign for respect - while fair enough, in effect at least, for lower levels of the game - has merely handed the Premier League officials an unearned excuse to demand unquestioning reverence. Most of them, through their attitude and actions, don't deserve much more than contempt.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2023 at 22:39, gkmacca said:

He was awful. A textbook example of how not to referee. Only certain refs think it's a great idea to start laughing during a game. He was pissing himself when our goals were struck off. What exactly is the positive point of that? I'd love to know. Then he books Matip because, as far as I could see, Matip was appalled at his decision to judge his tackle as a foul. Then he has another laugh. He was like that all through the game. The job seems to attract wannabe prison wardens who settle as refs, and he's one of them - very strange human beings who seem to use the sport as a means to drain away their teeming resentment at the world, like a puss-filled pimple, for not finding their miserable existence and utter lack of talent as worthy of a cuddle. He's a shitarse of the first order.

Absolutely spot on. 

On 13/11/2023 at 15:27, magicrat said:

I was more annoyed with the fucking Lino that flagged our two disallowed goals . How could the cunt have been sure?

Reckon we may have got the first one had he not been a dick 

I get that point of view. But he was correct.. AND offside was never supposed to be as clinical as VAR has made it, it was a linos feel to stop goalhanging. The lino was supposed to (and still is actually) expected to see when the ball is kicked, combined with the position of the forward across an attacking line. It is literally impossible to put both of those thing together, unless you weirdly have independent swiveling eyes, which outside of robots I do not think we've mastered. So it was always a "spirit of the law" rather than the very weird science we apply today. VAR has completely destroyed what offside was supposed to be about. 

Edit..... And if it is not clear. Paul Tierney is a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Absolutely spot on. 

I get that point of view. But he was correct.. AND offside was never supposed to be as clinical as VAR has made it, it was a linos feel to stop goalhanging. The lino was supposed to (and still is actually) expected to see when the ball is kicked, combined with the position of the forward across an attacking line. It is literally impossible to put both of those thing together, unless you weirdly have independent swiveling eyes, which outside of robots I do not think we've mastered. So it was always a "spirit of the law" rather than the very weird science we apply today. VAR has completely destroyed what offside was supposed to be about. 

Edit..... And if it is not clear. Paul Tierney is a cunt. 

We can agree Tierney is a cunt

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/11/2023 at 10:10, gkmacca said:

Manchester City on X: "Paul Tierney will take charge of #efcvcity this  Saturday at Goodison Park. https://t.co/QyrI0ZC5UI" / X

The astonishing moment Jurgen Klopp confronts referee Paul Tierney on the  pitch after Tottenham draw | Daily Mail Online

The smiling thing - it just shows how hopelessly out of touch refs are, because they're trained to do that, they're actually advised it's a clever thing to do - 'It shows you're confident and relaxed, not at all intimidated, you're sure of what you're doing, etc etc'. Whereas, of course, it really pisses off players and fans and further amplifies the essential twattery of each individual. What other non-showbiz profession would think that's a tactic that will work? A traffic warden? 'Yeah, just as I give him the ticket, I'll smile and nod as I'm doing it, that'll calm the whole thing down...' These idiots have really weirdly wired brains, such tiny brains as they have. 

"Tits & teeth, Dahling, tits & teeth!"

It wasn't all on him last night but he doesn't need any encouragement to fuck us over.

On a human level I get it, Klopp told him, to his face on live TV in front of millions, that he's the only referee he has an issue with. So now Tierney has the chance to repeatedly get his own back, with full back up of all his mates and VAR to try and meddle things to screw us. It might not be as 100% blatant as that but on some conscious level I do believe that's what's happening.

Not in agreement with spreading the blame here, Hooper didn't do anything wrong, his hands were tied really. This is all on Tierney, no way he was over turning his free against Darwin and the offside was a subjective call, Hooper had no option but to call him over. Don't usually use the cunt word in front of the kids, made an exception for this prick multiple times yesterday. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

He is, but for once he wasn't the worst cunt yesterday. That would be Simon Hooper.

He was probably worse yeah, but I’m still seething with Tierney about the first disallowed goal. The commentators are like “oh he blew his whistle straight away” but he doesn’t does he? There’s the incident between Darwin and the Burnley defender, then the loose ball breaks to Gakpo, then Gakpo takes a touch inside the next defender, then takes a shot and only when the ball is crossing the line does he blow up. What’s he waiting for, if not to screw us over? A Burnley advantage while we’ve got the ball in their penalty area?

I don’t think it’s a manc thing with him - at least not primarily anyway. I think he’s got beef with Klopp and he just enjoys flexing his muscles in front of him in a “what are you gonna do, I can screw you over good and proper and there’s not a thing you can do to stop me” power trip way.

He’s the worst cunt I’ve seen refereeing at any level anywhere in 30+ years watching football. In it for all the wrong reasons but the leadership of refereeing is so weak at the moment that he’s actively rewarded for his self-indulgent behaviour.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

He was probably worse yeah, but I’m still seething with Tierney about the first disallowed goal. The commentators are like “oh he blew his whistle straight away” but he doesn’t does he? There’s the incident between Darwin and the Burnley defender, then the loose ball breaks to Gakpo, then Gakpo takes a touch inside the next defender, then takes a shot and only when the ball is crossing the line does he blow up. What’s he waiting for, if not to screw us over? A Burnley advantage while we’ve got the ball in their penalty area?

I don’t think it’s a manc thing with him - at least not primarily anyway. I think he’s got beef with Klopp and he just enjoys flexing his muscles in front of him in a “what are you gonna do, I can screw you over good and proper and there’s not a thing you can do to stop me” power trip way.

He’s the worst cunt I’ve seen refereeing at any level anywhere in 30+ years watching football. In it for all the wrong reasons but the leadership of refereeing is so weak at the moment that he’s actively rewarded for his self-indulgent behaviour.

The worst referee is this useless one.

2Q==(18).jpg

• Upvote 1