You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sun 27th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He got booked for throwing the ball away. My question is why the “corrupt” ref didn’t send him off for the pull back ? 

The throwing the ball call is not subjective, in the same way waving at an imaginary card is supposed to be -- the arm across a player is.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Of course corruption exists its human nature.

Are you telling me that nothing goes on? Nothing? This is elite sport with big players and big owners and a weasel like FA in charge. It’s always been corrupt. I mean Mike Dean basically admitted it this week.

Not only is it naive, but it’s incredibly xenophobic to deny it exists at the highest level in this country. You’d have to believe that Italians are a uniquely corrupt people.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Used to like Shay Given but the cunt can get fucked now. Gobshite toeing the Saudi line.

He's a Abu Dhabi shill when watching them too. I've never heard him go against a decision for City or Newcastle, ever. It's ridiculous 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No. We aren't particularly effective or even exciting, nowadays.

Is right, sadly.

We had such an identity at our best under Klopp - such an intensity, and played with the confidence that both combined would nearly always be enough, complemented by players who knew their jobs inside out and were very good at them.

It has all disappeared and we are scratching around trying to find our way again, arguably overthinking doing so and suffering as a result.

We are a team who is and had been for a while lost.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

All this hysteria about corruption is missing the point. Trent us lucky to still be on the pitch then he gives away a Sunday league goal then Van Dyke fouls the last man. If the ref was corrupt he would have sent Trent off. There’s no evidence of anything other than we’re playing badly. 

How to say «I don’t understand football» without saying it.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Are you telling me that nothing goes on? Nothing? This is elite sport with big players and big owners and a weasel like FA in charge. Its always been corrupt. I mean Mike Dean basically admitted it this week.

If you read my post I reckon you may find the answer to your questions is ‘No’.

Just now, Elite said:

What we are seeing is systematic bias against us. Every club gets the odd bad decision but this shit is every week. Two players sent off after 30 minutes in back to back games for at worst, yellow card offences.

It's pure corruption, and its been like this for years. We would have at least two more titles if refereeing was fair. 

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I’ll be a lot less pissed off if other similar tackles receive the same punishment. 

But they won’t. 

What Jennings said. VVD tackle will never be a red again,  nor will TAA discent or time wasting, never was Masch disrespect etc etc etc. They fucking hate us uppity bastards. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Are you telling me that nothing goes on? Nothing? This is elite sport with big players and big owners and a weasel like FA in charge. Its always been corrupt. I mean Mike Dean basically admitted it this week.

He’s literally just said that. 

5 minutes ago, Code said:

So its a yellow if the arm is almost across the face now? Jesus fuckin christ

It’s potentially a yellow because it’s a cynical foul where the player is running into open space in our half.  He hasn’t gone for the ball he’s just pushed him over/put his arm across to stop him from running as quickly.  We were lucky.  Take your tinted specs off.

He gets fouled himself and is pissed off but I’ve got no doubt Klopp and the coaching staff have drilled the players relentlessly about kicking/throwing the ball away.  Yet here he is, the vice captain, doing it minutes in when he knows he absolutely shit at defending and could get exposed.  He’s the most braindead player we’ve ever had and it’s fucking comical that he’s been given that level of responsibility.  In a way his sheer level of stupidity helped us there because had it been 10 more minutes or so later and he done that I reckon the ref would have sent him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1