You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People are too binary with this stuff. If City keep the squad they currently have relatively available for the rest of the season, they can win every single game. They look really healthy right now. If something happens injury wise, you never know.

The plan remains the plan, to qualify for the CL group stage.  

If we get 20 points out of 24 available between now and 3 April then we can talk about a title push. 

if we get 23 points out of the 45 available between now and season end then we can still be happy with our season. 

Stop beating yourselves up, it's not logical to presume we can fairly match a team that's cheated it's way to such a strong squad. 

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People are too binary with this stuff. If City keep the squad they currently have relatively available for the rest of the season, they can win every single game. They look really healthy right now. If something happens injury wise, you never know.

So A or B then. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, an tha said:

The shite's fans have a dilemma at the weekend...

Would that it were, Mr. Tha, would that it were. Sadly they have no dilemma, they're just going to get their arses kicked. 

• Upvote 1

Brentford is an awkward one that they have boxed off. Very good result. I actually didn't think they were brilliant and on another day, they could have been punished.

There is little wriggle room. March is a big chance imo. They could drop a few points. If they only drop points to us with a draw, then it's odds on they win the league. Provided we don't drop more silly points we have a chance. Certainly, we are a nightmare for them and they would view us in a different light to Arsenal, who may be a very good side, but have no history of going toe to toe with them.

Injuries or suspensions will make a huge difference. De Bruyne is the best pound for pound player in the league and Rodi is arguably their most important player, because they possibly feel his loss more than De Bruyne. Fingers crossed they have a lengthy run in Europe.

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't think Everton are in a position to turn up to any game half arsed at the moment so still hoping they can do something. Unlikely but if they can even manage a draw that'd be great.

I think the absolute limit of ambition is that one of their yard dogs puts De Bruyne back in traction. Losing important players to injury is about the only way I see City even giving a smidgen of hope to the chasing pack.

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

I think the absolute limit of ambition is that one of their yard dogs puts De Bruyne back in traction. Losing important players to injury is about the only way I see City even giving a smidgen of hope to the chasing pack.

A couple of months back they got some decent results, just checked and they got 4 wins in a row including against Newcastle and Chelsea so if they can find some of that form again they might be able to cause them problems. Still wondering when that Man City hearing is for the 115 charges too.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

It's a bit like the Territorial Army defending the border village against elite special forces. They might take out one or two lads out by chance that softens things for the proper army down the line.

4-0 City.

22 hours ago, Elite said:

Never say never but City are massive favourites for the title. If we'd have won yesterday, it would have been a huge catalyst for us but we ended up putting in a confidence draining show of ineptitude.

Yesterday was pivotal.

city are always favourites for the title. The simple facts of us having possibly the worlds best manager, and the owners playing nice - as in - acting within the bounds of football law, with reasonable investment (?) and we’ve only got on top of them once in nine years, says it all about that club.

I guess Chelsea’s new owner has decided that it’s now or never in terms of chucking huge funding at the club, getting a ‘top’ manager in and going for it. Newcastle (minus Howe) won’t be far behind in terms of spending in seasons to come.

Us?