You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves, FA Cup, 7th Jan

Bob

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Bobby did an interview last week where he said he was fine. Too soon for Leicester but he'd be back for the game after. He wasn't, and now he's not training? Is something brewing?

He wants out because he's realised we're shite and he's insulted that we signed that Nunez grock!

I'd probably go for a stronger team than i would have had we won at the weekend and not playing again for a week. 

Need to get some form and need to adapt to no Virg, Hopefully we see a bit more focus and a team pulling together like they did when all the defenders where out the other year. Still like us to drop a little deeper without van Dijk playing and leave fewer gaps. Creating enough,just need to take the chances. I'd be tempted to leave Nunez on the bench if Bobby is fit,just take him out the firing line and get Gakpo,Salah and Bobby going. Bobby really helps the midfield aswell

They’re putting us on ITV4, the cheeky cunts.

To be honest it was a relief when I realised this was a cup game and so I don’t have to attend it. Watching it on telly will be bad enough but if we’re anything like the other day I’m switching it off, can’t be doing with it.

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd probably go for a stronger team than i would have had we won at the weekend and not playing again for a week. 

Need to get some form and need to adapt to no Virg, Hopefully we see a bit more focus and a team pulling together like they did when all the defenders where out the other year. Still like us to drop a little deeper without van Dijk playing and leave fewer gaps. Creating enough,just need to take the chances. I'd be tempted to leave Nunez on the bench if Bobby is fit,just take him out the firing line and get Gakpo,Salah and Bobby going. Bobby really helps the midfield aswell

Nunez did everything right on Monday and would have had two goals if he played for Man U. A marginal offside and a defender falling over stopped him. Some shite being posted when everybody blames the midfield yet this lad still creates chances from nothing. Criticism is not with this lad,it's others.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nunez did everything right on Monday and would have had two goals if he played for Man U. A marginal offside and a defender falling over stopped him. Some shite being posted when everybody blames the midfield yet this lad still creates chances from nothing. Criticism is not with this lad,it's others.

He still needs to be more clinical, it goes without saying. I dont think its harsh to criticise his shooting so far, it is to judge his all round game which has been good and as much as anything he's about the only reason to watch us at the minute because you've watched one game this season you've almost seen the pattern of them all.

I'm looking forward to seeing gakpo and I hope Elliot is given a break for his sake.

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

To be honest it was a relief when I realised this was a cup game and so I don’t have to attend it. Watching it on telly will be bad enough but if we’re anything like the other day I’m switching it off, can’t be doing with it.

I'm surprised it's not on babestation with the amount of tits we'll have on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

I'm not very impressed with Klopp's comments about replays. Yes, there are too many games but that money could save a smaller club.

I think a 50/50 split for gate receipts in the FA Cup could be a solution or a starting point for negotiations.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not very impressed with Klopp's comments about replays. Yes, there are too many games but that money could save a smaller club.

I think a 50/50 split for gate receipts in the FA Cup could be a solution or a starting point for negotiations.

To be fair to him he does recognise the money for small clubs issue and says a way has to be found to help them, but more games is just not the amswer.

I make him right.

38 minutes ago, an tha said:

To be fair to him he does recognise the money for small clubs issue and says a way has to be found to help them, but more games is just not the amswer.

I make him right.

The thing is, he doesn't seem to have offered any solutions so it looks like he doesn't care about the wee teams. Maybe we should play less money spinning pre-season friendlies in Asia if player fatigue is an issue.

I know none of this is his fault but I don't think his responses were great.

Nothing wrong with his response whatsoever.

Asked a direct question, gave a direct answer, acknowledged what the opposition to an idea like that would be and why.

It's neither his responsibility, or the the right forum, for him to give any other answer beyond that and any answer he does give will end up being pulled apart by those who think it's a managers responsibility to care for the entire footballing pyramid rather than those actually in charge.

34 minutes ago, Mook said:

The thing is, he doesn't seem to have offered any solutions so it looks like he doesn't care about the wee teams. Maybe we should play less money spinning pre-season friendlies in Asia if player fatigue is an issue.

I know none of this is his fault but I don't think his responses were great.

For me he said as much as he could realistically be expected to.

He is manager of LFC - he only has to care about LFC and cup replays are in his view bad for LFC.

It isn't his job to find ways to help the smaller clubs

The powers that be are responsible for finding ways to help the smaller clubs and i would bet you that if they put good proposals forward Klopp would back them.

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

For me he said as much as he could realistically be expected to.

He is manager of LFC - he only has to care about LFC and cup replays are in his view bad for LFC.

It isn't his job to find ways to help the smaller clubs

The powers that be are responsible for finding ways to help the smaller clubs and i would bet you that if they put good proposals forward Klopp would back them.

Aye, fair enough. I only read the report on the BBC so may have missed some of what he said.

For me personally, the money needs to start being spread out a lot more, in every aspect of the game. Football at the moment is like a perfect demonstration of why free market capitalism is a fucking disaster.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Aye, fair enough. I only read the report on the BBC so may have missed some of what he said.

For me personally, the money needs to start being spread out a lot more, in every aspect of the game. Football at the moment is like a perfect demonstration of why free market capitalism is a fucking disaster.

100% pal

Klopp deffo showed empathy and in interest in helping but he was steadfast in his view that more games is not the answer.

18 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Passion like this will see the lads through.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2