You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves, FA Cup, 7th Jan

Bob

50 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This feels a little like Steve Nicol in the 1984 European Cup Final, penalty shootout.

You have to admire Bob’s willingness to step up like this, but I can’t help but feel we might need Alan Kennedy to save the day..

Steve Nicol was boss. I’ll take that.

• Upvote 2

Luck. Organisation. Bravery. Offensive effectiveness. Solidity.

I don't ask for much.

Who knows with this one? Jürgen could opt to field a team full of youngsters, along with giving Gakpo a run-out, or he might try to get the first team squad together again to try and get out of their funk. Wolves are a side that have struggled for goals this season, up against a side that has been obliging to everybody else this season. My mindset for this one hasn't got me caring much about it right now, but we are the cup holders and the last time we made a decent go of defending it was 1990. The 1992 win was followed up by the Bolton debacle. The 2001 and 2006 wins saw us fall to Arsenal on both occasions very early on in the following season. Of course I want us to win, but more importantly we need to show we are trying to address and rectify the issues that have hampered us all season.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Witches. Ovaries. Lychees. Verucas. Eggs. Sawdust.

I don’t ask for much.

3 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Luck. Organisation. Bravery. Offensive effectiveness. Solidity.

I don't ask for much.

Who knows with this one? Jürgen could opt to field a team full of youngsters, along with giving Gakpo a run-out, or he might try to get the first team squad together again to try and get out of their funk. Wolves are a side that have struggled for goals this season, up against a side that has been obliging to everybody else this season. My mindset for this one hasn't got me caring much about it right now, but we are the cup holders and the last time we made a decent go of defending it was 1990. The 1992 win was followed up by the Bolton debacle. The 2001 and 2006 wins saw us fall to Arsenal on both occasions very early on in the following season. Of course I want us to win, but more importantly we need to show we are trying to address and rectify the issues that have hampered us all season.

Oi, don’t go nicking “my thing”.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Decent gap between next couple of games. Should be Kelleher and our best ten available outfield players, whoever they might be.  

Agree. Can’t see us getting past Real on current form, which would only leave this and 4th place trophy to go for

Kelleher

Trent

Matip

Konate

Robbo

Fab

Hendo

Thiago

Salah

Nunez

Gakpo

Need to get our first team playing well again so there's no point making changes when there's no game for another week. I would have liked to see some of the younger players but the priority is for us to stop being shit.

• Upvote 4

Witches. Ovaries. Lychees. Verucas. Eggs. Sawdust. Luck. Organisation. Bravery. Offensive effectiveness. Solidity.

It’s all too much! 

All I ask for is a win with no injuries. Show us your mettle Red Men. This is a weekend of FA Cup fixtures and no Prem games for another week - that’s a whole week off before Brighton (A) so lets do it properly Red Men. Play a decent lineup with the inclusion of Gakpo please.

Let’s retain our FA Cup crown, and still finish 4th.

• Upvote 1