You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Most likely nonsense (I’d say it almost certainly is) but again, a player, like Camavinga, was experienced at league and CL level, in the last year of his contract and went for a low fee. 

Sure Bayern paid something like €15m for him. 

He’s moaning he’s not getting a game at Bayern and it sounds like the have Laimer in the summer, can’t be worse than current performances. 

3DD7F502-1606-457C-832A-00B34253AC58.jpeg

Lijnders won’t be stopped until we’re fielding 11 Dutchmen.

9 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

So everyone's on board with our first choice midfield of Bajcetic, Keita and Thiago playing whenever possible until the end of the season? Doesn't sound so bad actually.

Those three should clearly be first choice now. Of course it’s only a matter of time before Keita breaks down again, and probably also Thiago at some stage. And Bajcetic is 18, so relying on him for the rest of the season isn’t something you’d want to do.

Behimd them however it’s just grim. Fabinho may at some stage be able to do a job if we manage to be more compact, and defend deeper. Apart from that I see no one good enough to start a single game. So we really really need to get someone in this window.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Two left sided forwards and a new pool for the yacht. 

Imagine how confused teams would be if we played all our left sided attackers and just got Trent to ping cross field balls. Could be like a mighty ducks Flying V - well until we lost possession and get destroyed.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd not be shocked at all if we sold Ali. He's probably our most valuable asset. I think it's as likely we'll have none of our Brazilians here next season as all 3. 

I suspect Mo to one of the oil clubs is our most valuable option. More likely than Ali going I think. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I dunno. Maybe. They're the same age, but goalies last a whole lot longer and Ali is probably the best keeper on the planet. 

Not sure many big clubs that could afford Alisson are looking for a keeper at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Imagine how confused teams would be if we played all our left sided attackers and just got Trent to ping cross field balls. Could be like a mighty ducks Flying V - well until we lost possession and get destroyed.

I created some pretty insane overloads on CM back in the with/without ball days back in 99/00

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure many big clubs that could afford Alisson are looking for a keeper at the moment. 

They could all afford him, Don't treats us as the example in the transfer market. Chelsea back in for Enzo again, today.

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This obviously.

How do people actually come up with these ideas. The team looks broken, so let’s sell the only part that actually works. Great idea.

I don't think it is people wanting best player sold - it is more a case of fearing that is what we will do to raise money.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I doubt many other teams would have held onto Kelleher even this long.

Kelleher

Jones

Phillips

Elliott

What is that 70 mil?

Can't see Elliott being sold myself.

Kelleher is a shame as he is boss - but he is good enough to be a No.1 in the PL and if he wants to be one then reluctantly we have to let him go - insert a buy back clause!!

Jones is never making it here IMHO - i'd happily see us sell and upgrade.

Phillips is worth 20m to a lower half PL club who defend deep and would play every week who so again sell...he won't have a succesful career playing regularly here

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Think we will choose one of him or Carvalho. Kind of have to tbh.

If we sell either it would be Carvalho IMO.

Carvalho may benefit from a loan to a PL side for a season and then see where we are.

Elliott i feel is a player Klopp is all in on.

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If anyone was willing g to offer over 19ml for Phillips he'd have been out the door the minute the offer arrived. 

Yeah, agree.

Same goes for the others, maybe add 5 or 10 mil to Kelleher - we have just never had bids in that range.

20 mil for Jones? Hand bit off.

20 mil for Elliott - the same.