You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Bajcetic is doing just fine, but let's not forget it was only against city the other week he was taken off at half time. Like all kids he'll be up and down. All the same things were said about Jones when he broke through as Bajcetic now and as I said before, this forum was prematurely praising his greatness just last season after his performance away at Porto. 

Let's agree to disagree. I don't think Jones will be sold. I also don't think considering the other players definitely leaving, he should be sold. Maybe at another time and place if we had a better setup in midfield, I could see the argument to get rid or if he can't put his injury issues behind him. But right now, I don't see any justifiable reason to get rid of him because we've so much to do, he saves almost nothing on wages and the fee we'd get shouldn't change anything significantly. I can't really see the upside in letting him go. 

Fair do's - its a good debate and had in good spirit too.

I expect him to be here next season too and i expect us to probably be having this debate again in 12 months time.

Until then!....

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd sell Jones if we could get 20ml. The best hope of that is Gerrard getting another job. 

Gordon was going for £60m in the summer, £40m now having had a career of pretty much fuck all. Curtis Jones is worth more than him based on every single metric.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

I wouldn't recommend any midfielders with an attacking mindset to come here as Jurgen only wants drones, he even stopped Shaq from smiling.

All the more odd that they are the only type of midfielders we've bought for four fucking years. 

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's because supporters judge 'attacking' in terms of goals and assists only but in Klopp system press resistance, progressive passing and pre-assists are the job of the midfield.

Whether they've done that sufficiently is for others to decide.

It’s almost like no-one else except the really really really smart understand that football is a team game!

Looks like caicedo needs to act the cunt if he wants to move. £100m makes sense in terms of Brighton's perspective and the value of establishing themselves as a European club, but no way is that his value to the teams interested.

£50m was expensive for him. That's prime kante money and good as he is, he's not that good.

£100m for caicedo is insane if true and I’d rather we didn’t sign any fucker (we probably aren’t ha! And not because our owners are good guys) and became a mid table team, if the alternative is paying that kind of money for a not bad midfielder. Seriously, football is eating itself.

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

£100m for caicedo is insane if true and I’d rather we didn’t sign any fucker (we probably aren’t ha! And not because our owners are good guys) and became a mid table team, if the alternative is paying that kind of money for a not bad midfielder. Seriously, football is eating itself.

Yeah, that's not happening and rightly so.

We'll end up signing Jack Rodwell.