You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

23 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I'd give the backup squad options and some of the promising youngsters a game in the cup, we need to be focusing on the league. That means the likes of Kelleher, Tsimikas, Doak, Henderson, Fabinho, all getting a start.

That way we keep our better midfielders fit for the next Premier League game.

We've got a weeks break either side of the cup game. There's no reason whatsoever to rest players. 

After our worst performance in years away at Brighton last week we should be going all out to win this one. 

5 minutes ago, Megadrive Person said:

We've got a weeks break either side of the cup game. There's no reason whatsoever to rest players. 

After our worst performance in years away at Brighton last week we should be going all out to win this one. 

It's our one opportunity to win a trophy this season. It would be ridiculous not to be playing our best team.

Just now, an tha said:

I refuse to believe he is that blind.

Part of me is the same. But my head keeps going back to these comments in the summer, before accepting he was wrong and getting Arthur!

‘I’m not looking to buy, I can say that’ the German explained. ‘I don’t understand. I do not understand. People told me about this discussion [about the midfield options], but the last thing that would have crossed my mind is that we have to do this. I know all these things, that we don’t score enough goals from midfield, this and that, but what do we want? This “Golden Cow” that is producing absolutely everything, milk as well!

‘We can go through it. Where do you want to start? So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing? One who is offensive, 1.95m and arrives into the box to head balls in? OK, apart from that!’

58 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

So everyone's on board with our first choice midfield of Bajcetic, Keita and Thiago playing whenever possible until the end of the season? Doesn't sound so bad actually.

Yes, but i would bet that Thiago or Keita will get injured the next two games.

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

So everyone's on board with our first choice midfield of Bajcetic, Keita and Thiago playing whenever possible until the end of the season? Doesn't sound so bad actually.

Controversially i reckon Diaz ends up playing some games in the middle when he's back(to me it has to be in Klopps mind with us having ourchase 900 left sided attackers).

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Jimbo getting the nod from HQ to prepare the masses for further reduced investment.

Yep. He's a propaganda merchant for them always delighting in telling everyone to shit up and stop asking for signings.

When we do buy anyone it's because the club bought them on Klarna and we should be grateful.

The summer budget seems to consist of how much we can get for Kelleher and Nat Phillips. 

Firmino

Milner

Oxlade Chamberlain 

Keita 

Adrian 

Arthur the health tourist

So all of these who are out of contract in the summer could slash the wage bill considerably. Even Matip and get a younger less injury prone player in such as Evan N'Dicka of Frankfurt who is on a free in the summer. 

Maybe give Milner a new contract to avoid buying a midfielder. 

Probably get told that we can't attract top players because we aren't in the CL even though we never attracted them in 5 years consecutive participation with 3 finals.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I always hate this bollocks about not getting into the champions league having an impact on attracting the best players or how much we spend, seeing as we do neither.

It's an absolute shine on we've been hearing under multiple owners.

It used to be true but it's not anymore. The Premier League is now the most attractive league for most players and the clubs on average pay the highest wages. Even the shite clubs can pull off signing a big player they'd never come close to being able to get 10 years ago.

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Probably shite as reports are from Italy but saying we'd sell Mo for 70ml in the summer. When we miss out on top 4 wouldn't be shocked if Mo pushed to go to be honest

That's something else that's always pissed me off. Players who play shit to the point where you miss out on trophies or the CL, then agitate for a move as a result. Not saying Salah will, but as a point it does my head in.