You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

17 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Chelsea signing the PSV lad, Madueke, for 35m. 6th signing of the January window and now they're going for Caicedo. 

Just openly taking the piss now. 

I've never heard of the cunt. 

Anyway, seems like a mad price 

Eindhoven manager Ruud van Nistelrooij said at the end of December, after Gakpo's transfer, that no one was going to be allowed to leave PSV during this transfer period. The former striker had to walk that back last Friday. "Situations may arise where clubs come up with an offer that cannot be turned down," he said at the time.

47 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Trossard to arsenal for £21m rising to £26m with add ons.

I'll be honest, I saw him as an ideal replacement for Bobby.  His quick feet and link up play is excellent.

I was having doubts after his recent alleged poor attitude, though.  If he does for Arsenal what he did for Brighton, that's a cheap buy.

2 minutes ago, razor said:

I'll be honest, I saw him as an ideal replacement for Bobby.  His quick feet and link up play is excellent.

I was having doubts after his recent alleged poor attitude, though.  If he does for Arsenal what he did for Brighton, that's a cheap buy.

He's 28. Wouldn't be a huge difference in age for a Bobby replacement.

He's just a short to middle term depth signing for Arsenal because they don't have much behind their regular front 3.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's 28. Wouldn't be a huge difference in age for a Bobby replacement.

He's just a short to middle term depth signing for Arsenal because they don't have much behind their regular front 3.

Yeah, Arsenal doing smart business there. They know they have fuck all on the bench, and they’ve been massively lucky with injuries. Strengthening while they’re on top, crazy notion.

What I'm finding funny is the reasoning they are putting out. 

That prices are rising as are wages so it makes sense to lock them in long term now for FFP. 

As if them players won't just start demanding new deals if wages rocketed in the next few years

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

What I'm finding funny is the reasoning they are putting out. 

That prices are rising as are wages so it makes sense to lock them in long term now for FFP. 

As if them players won't just start demanding new deals if wages rocketed in the next few years

It makes me laugh that every time a player is good in 3 matches on the run their agent is looking for an improved deal, but strsngely it never works the other way when they stink the gaff out for years.