You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If Harvey Elliott can be a midfielder according to us, Mason Mount can be a midfielder.

But according to 'us' he can't, and if we're looking to improve the midfield then why would you bring in a similar player when you're already trying to find space for three players who have a similar issue in the team already.

He's a Man City player, the kind of half space forward, like Grealish and SIlva that pep loves,

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

But according to 'us' he can't, and if we're looking to improve the midfield then why would you bring in a similar player when you're already trying to find space for three players who have a similar issue in the team already.

He's a Man City player, the kind of half space forward, like Grealish and SIlva that pep loves,

Well, you were saying he wouldn't be a midfielder here. I think given what we've tried to do with Elliott, then where we to sign Mount, that's where he'd play. He certainly doesn't fit the profile of our attackers.

Whether we should continue in the direction we've been going, in regards to that right midfield position, is another debate. Where we to sign Bellingham, I think he'd be a good compromise in that position, where he can play as a creative player, like we're looking for, but he's also physical, athletic, has a frame, etc... 

Mount would be an ok compromise as well because he has good workrate, he's willing to press and he's not really short or weak.

To be fair to Arsenal, this would be a great bit of business. 

Considering at 19, he’d played 90 games for Rennes, including in the CL, had a year left on his contract and went for £28m, unless he was holding out for Madrid, I can’t they more or less had a free run at him…

53DECA99-FFE0-44A4-9935-ABC65FED3A17.png

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Considering at 19, he’d played 90 games for Rennes, including in the CL, had a year left on his contract and went for £28m, unless he was holding out for Madrid, I can’t they more or less had a free run at him…

Now he is a quality player. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Madrid only play about 15 players and he's one of them. He played the super cup final last week.

• Upvote 1

Klopp said of Chelsea's heavy spending: "Interesting. I can't explain it, I have no idea. But if the numbers are true then it's impressive.

"I can't see investment stopping in the future, so that means we have to do it as well. I believe in coaching, developing and team building 100%.

"But meanwhile the managers out there, they are all good and they believe in that as well. So if they start spending but we don't spend you will have a problem."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64350640

11 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I reckon Nunes, Bellingham and Mount might be an improvement on what we’ve currently got like.

If you sign Bellingham their is zero reason to buy mount, he brings nothing to the team that you don't already have in that situation and you're far better served signing a young more defensive midfielder in the Thuram or Kone mould that can play both ends of the pitch as an 8 and you can mould in to a 6.