You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Not sure what the point of the still or your comment is. Are you saying he didn't pass to him on purpose? It was fucking dreadful play by Diaz who otherwise had a decent game.

Seemed about a billion times that Diaz could have played Nunez in and didn’t (probably more like two).

Did have an ok game though, I just don’t think he’s good at passing.

Nunez is a better passer for sure, although should have shot in the first half rather than trying to cross to Diaz.

Diaz

Passes Completed - 453

Pass Completition % - 80.9% (Short - 89.5%, Medium - 81.1%, Long - 76.6%)

Not Diaz

Passes Completed - 252

Pass Completition % - 71.4% (Short - 80%, Medium - 69.2%, Long - 53.6%)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - Sorry above was PL only

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Diaz

Passes Completed - 543

Pass Completition % - 81.5% (Short - 90.4%, Medium - 80.5%, Long - 78.3%)

Not Diaz

Passes Completed - 307

Pass Completition % - 72.9% (Short - 81.8%, Medium - 69.1%, Long - 55.2%)

3 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I think Diaz absolutely chose not to pass to him, and I also think it was a bad decision by Diaz but to be honest I expect Diaz to generally take one touch to many. I suppose it's possible that he somehow thought Darwin could've been offsides though.

We'll never know if Darwin would've scored from that particular moment but the player in Diaz position should be making that pass 100% of the time.

If people are choosing not to pass to him we are in serious trouble. That was such an easy pass the only possible conclusion is that he didn't see him, which is bad enough in itself, because he was concentrating too much on the defender coming across. These are elite level footballers, they know when to play the pass in that position.

24 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

If people are choosing not to pass to him we are in serious trouble. That was such an easy pass the only logical conclusion is that he didn't see him, which is bad enough in itself, because he was concentrating too much on the defender coming across. These are elite level footballers, they know when to play the pass in that position.

Don't know how to edit.

I could only look 15 years back to the 09/10 season, but L.Suarez, C.Benteke, C.Wilson, D.Costa and K.Davies all have 10 yellow cards during a PL season, Nunez now have 8. 

The thing is, if he gets two more yellow cards before round 32 he will be suspended for two games.

It seems Im alone in not wanting our players suspended for stupidity while we are in a title race. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But yellow cards are up across the board this season aren't they? 

Yes I would say so, Palinha got 14 last season, he’s leading the way this season as well with 9. 

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Yes I would say so, Palinha got 14 last season, he’s leading the way this season as well with 9. 

Yeah but they're booking less for bad fouls and more for complaining about decisions. If Suarez played in this league now, he'd be sent off every game. He wouldn't even have time to bite someone. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Code said:

I could only look 15 years back to the 09/10 season, but L.Suarez, C.Benteke, C.Wilson, D.Costa and K.Davies all have 10 yellow cards during a PL season, Nunez now have 8. 

The thing is, if he gets two more yellow cards before round 32 he will be suspended for two games.

It seems Im alone in not wanting our players suspended for stupidity while we are in a title race. 

Not sure what you're trying to prove. Don't sign Latins or forwards with elbows?

1 hour ago, Code said:

I thought you'd want him to be suspended? 

The thing is Darwin's misses are more memorable and that's why it's easy to fixate and criticise him for them. For example, Jota (our most clinical forward) has missed numerous chances over the past few games, but none are memorable.

And that's not knocking Jota. Forwards miss many chances all the time. In fact, the very best of them have a 25% conversion rate approximately. Meaning the very best forwards miss at least 75% of their chances. Darwin just tends to miss a bit more and in a more spectacular way.

21 hours ago, dave u said:

When was the last time Mo scored? Fucking ages ago. 

Just a nicely reminder, imagine if we ever can say the below about Nunez, that would be awesome.

But here it is.

Mo scored two in his last PL game for us, he’s scored four in his last five PL games for us and he’s scored six in his last nine PL games for us.

I like our attacking players to score goals, thats why I like Mo, very simple really. 

15 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

That was the absolute sex, wasn’t it. 

He only scores spectacular goals. I'm fully on board with him attempting ridiculous stuff for easy chances, like somersault tap ins and the like.