You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

13 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s incredibly likeable and we’re all willing him to do well. But his finishing is unbelievably bad and so costly.

This.

I can't hate him but I half wish I did. Very occasionally he's class but in the main he's laughably bad and could cost us points. Almost did today. 

I said before he arrived that he looked very raw both technically and tacticallly, and even if Klopp obviously has been able to correct some of the pressing problems from last season, he remains incredibly frustrating to watch with the ball at his feet.

I call bullshit on Dave’s yips finishing comparison too, his lack of technique (and balance?) is as evident in his finishing as in his build up play. I’d actually argue that the times he does strike the ball cleanly are more of a coincidence than him mishitting it.

I will of course continue to support him, as his movement and enthusiasm make up for a lot of the above-mentioned flaws. Here’s hoping he magically discovers better technique.

• Upvote 2

He's likely to expensive to give up on yet and nobody is giving us above 30ml for him. Him and Diaz have not connection at all. Fuck knows what happens when Mo leaves. 

Bite the bullet with him and let Diaz go if he wants and get Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia

Nunez is football brexit. People who've always hated him will always hate him. If he scored a goal for the next 10 matches then missed a sitter they'd be all over it. Same people were doling out written handjobs to people like Henderson when he was stinking the place out his entire career. 

• Upvote 1

His link up play is far better than it was.

The problem is he isn't effective as a starter. The first 45 minutes tends to see him hardly in the game. He's far better off the bench against tired legs, as more space opens up.

He wasn't helped today by the lack of quality from midfield, mind. Needed Elliott in there.

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nunez is football brexit. People who've always hated him will always hate him. If he scored a goal for the next 10 matches then missed a sitter they'd be all over it. Same people were doling out written handjobs to people like Henderson when he was stinking the place out his entire career. 

He's more likely to NOT score for the next ten matches though. 

• Upvote 1

Watching back our 3rd and 4th goals, its a great little header down to salah to set up endo and he reacted first to gakpos shot to knock it into the box for the winner.

He tries but he's running out of chances to cement his place as our number 1 striker.

If we didn't win today, he'd be getting absolute pelters off all and sundry. He was robbed with the one off the bar, but the knock down from salah, that fucking has to be scored, and not win we're3 up either, its the winners and equalisers is what matters.

We all hope he succeeds and we'll all still support him, and having hair like that doesn't help either.

Keep going Darwin, you'll get there.(hopefully)

I can't fault the lads effort, but his finishing, for whatever reason, just isn't good enough at this level. 

Funny thing is, when he played against us for benfica, I honestly thought he was one of the best finishers I'd seen in recent memory, every shot was on target, and generally into the corners. But for us, it seems he can only hit the woodwork. 

If he doesn't hit 20 in the league at the end of this campaign. I'd cut my losses. 

But hopefully he can turn it around 

47 minutes ago, Bloke said:

Thing's like hyping the crowd after he's made a twat of himself in front goal for the fourth time keeps you in his corner. 

No it doesn't. He's great. Enjoy him.

That match thread was a disgrace today. 

• Upvote 2