You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

He's certainly not as bad as his worst critics say but neither are the excuses or his praise rarely worth what his fan boys say. 

For all the winning points against Newcastle there's games like Luton when he costs you similar points. He was poor yesterday even if the ' chances' he had not even half chances. 

His touch and decision making are awful for a 80ml pound player. He doesn't seem to be improving on them important aspects

At the same time I don't think playing with Diaz or Jota suits him at all. Playing with more traditional wide players probably would. If Trent a d Robbo where still the wingback that played a few years ago the service would be better

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He's certainly not as bad as his worst critics say but neither are the excuses or his praise rarely worth what his fan boys say. 

For all the winning points against Newcastle there's games like Luton when he costs you similar points. He was poor yesterday even if the ' chances' he had not even half chances. 

His touch and decision making are awful for a 80ml pound player. He doesn't seem to be improving on them important aspects

At the same time I don't think playing with Diaz or Jota suits him at all. Playing with more traditional wide players probably would. If Trent a d Robbo where still the wingback that played a few years ago the service would be better

Disagree. And he definately wasn’t our weakest forward.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I’d say his touch and decision making are absolutely miles better this season. Just needs to stick a couple of more chances away.

• Upvote 2

How any Red can't love this lad is beyond me. 

We've been having a clear out and ripped loads of old towels and blankets etc off at Carla Lane dog sanctuary this morning. She asked if I'd get another dog and I said only if we can call it Darwin. 

We aren't getting another dog. (Yet) 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We've been having a clear out and ripped loads of old towels and blankets etc off at Carla Lane dog sanctuary this morning. She asked if I'd get another dog and I said only if we can call it Darwin. 

Nothing has happened to your dog has it mate?

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Nothing has happened to your dog has it mate?

Ha no, she wants it to have a mate. He's a bit of a pussy when he's out lately. Got legged a few times in the last few weeks and instead of playing he just bails. He ran out of Norris Green park two weeks ago, thank fuck it was the estate gate and not the main road one. Rescue dog isn't he so he's a bit scared when dogs chase. Brings it on himself sometimes, trots over  basically asking to be chased and when they do he legs it. Even dogs about the third his size. Batters me at home though. 

So we've spoke about getting a bit of an alpha dog. A Chihuahua or something that won't take any shit (joke) 

Thanks for asking though mate. 

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ripped? Dropped that should have said for fuck sake. "Here you are love, we've ripped them all up so bin them if they're no use can I use your bog?" 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha no, she wants it to have a mate. He's a bit of a pussy when he's out lately. Got legged a few times in the last few weeks and instead of playing he just bails. He ran out of Norris Green park two weeks ago, thank fuck it was the estate gate and not the main road one. Rescue dog isn't he so he's a bit scared when dogs chase. Brings it on himself sometimes, trots over  basically asking to be chased and when they do he legs it. Even dogs about the third his size. Batters me at home though. 

So we've spoke about getting a bit of an alpha dog. A Chihuahua or something that won't take any shit (joke) 

Thanks for asking though mate. 

No worries, glad he's OK, you know me mate I love dogs too.

Our little pug would tell him off by the sounds of it. She's got small dog syndrome so thinks she can fight anyone. Wouldn't change her for the world.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No worries, glad he's OK, you know me mate I love dogs too.

Our little pug would tell him off by the sounds of it. She's got small dog syndrome so thinks she can fight anyone. Wouldn't change her for the world.

Our kid's got a frenchie and I won't have them together. It's a little bastard. Just pure muscle, only small but jumps all over you wanting a fight. He can't take it off a lead absolutely no chance. He's got a huge garden though so it's fine. Scrappy Doo was accurate for smaller dogs! Fearless. 

23 minutes ago, Em City said:

Screenshot_20231203_095157_Chrome.jpg

Is right. Remember his celebration on the bench with Thiago when we got a last minute winner at home against Newcastle last season? "PUTAS!!!!!" 

I love, LOVE the mad beautoful bastard. Hope he starts through the middle today. 

On 02/11/2023 at 08:29, TD_LFC said:

It's funny and cute when he does it early in the season or in games that are already won, but if he doesn't get a grip on it the tide will turn pretty quickly when we're title/Cup chasing and losing points/semi finals because he's quirky and chaotic.

02/11/2023 - 03/12/2023 - 6-0-1-22

giphy.gif