You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (H) - Sat 19th Feb 2022 (3:00pm)

Trumo

14 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Just a thought on this idea of Hendo being terrible people are saying. You've got to remember he's playing the 6. He's supposed to take fewer chances and keep the ball because its his role. That's why he plays sideways so much. A lot of 6's do. 

When the plays in the other position he plays less conservatively.

I thought he was good today, let alone terrible. 

Ox was pretty bad I'll give you that.  

I'm a fan of Hendo but he is just a bit exasperating. There was one stage in the second half, for example, where he had the ball, Diaz slipped off ahead at an angle to the side to create a great space for an attacking pass, absolutely no risk about it, Hendo clearly saw it, and instead he spun around and sent it way back to Matip. He just does that sometimes as if he's on autopilot. Generally, however, he had a good game and pushed them on in that second half.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Until Thiago came on and changed things, I thought Hendo had a truly appalling game. His 2 assists were wonderful though.

As I said earlier, he's an awful 6 but a decent 8.

We had problems in that first half. Henderson was the very least of them. Extremely harsh to say he had been appalling before Thiago came on.

Thought we played well for the most part, certainly better than the last two games. I did think Klopp got his team selection wrong, Keita and Chamberlain, Trent and Robertson rested with Mane moved centrally - you shouldn’t do all these things at the same time. Credit to him, the changes he mad paid immediate dividends, much like they did in Milan.

One thing that really annoyed me was Bein Sports. Every two minutes and they’re cutting away to picture and picture of matches I don’t give a shit about. Pissed me right off.

17 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I feel sorry for him in a way(don't know why like he's shagging a pop star and he's earning millions a year) but he's a Liverpool fan as a kid dream move for him and until he got that injury vrs City in the CL he looked like he would go on to be a regular in the side since then he's fell down the pecking order and just doesn't seem to be able to get himself out of the rut he's in Klopps given him plenty of chances in different roles but he just can't grab them he knows his time is up this summer.

That's pretty much how I feel about him. There's definitely some problem with his approach. Whether it's just lack of confidence I don't know, but he's going for silly shots outside the area that don't ever look on, and although his technique is actually very good he's mis-hitting balls way too often. 

10 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

All the people praising Tsimikas just ignoring the diabolical miss from four yards out in the first few minutes? Probably finishes six nil to us if that goes in.

I'm more worried about or forwards missing than our left back in the early minutes of the game.

He had no right even being in that position to be fair to him.

6 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

We had problems in that first half. Henderson was the very least of them. Extremely harsh to say he had been appalling before Thiago came on.

Hendo was the better of three poor midfielders before the substitutions.

Thiago was a class apart, though.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

All the people praising Tsimikas just ignoring the diabolical miss from four yards out in the first few minutes? Probably finishes six nil to us if that goes in.

Also thought he wasn't brilliant for their goal. Think we know that Klopp will sacrifice defensive capability for attacking prowess. His 2nd contribution wipes those out for me. 

1 hour ago, A_S said:

I don't reckon Naby was that bad, to be fair. I reckon all our midfielders would much prefer playing next to Thiago as opposed to Ox. 

The only one I can think of that would prefer to play next to Ox is Perrie Edwards, and Im not 100% sure about that either. 

Enjoyed the second half, in the first we never quite got going. Although the midfield wasn’t purring, I thought only Ox was very poor, the other two just ok. All changed though and some great footy. Made up for all our goal scorers, for different reasons, but Diaz looks like a great buy. 

Hendo looks like he's coming through his latest bad patch and had a good game. Our problems in midfield seem to occur when we don't field at least two of Thiago, Fab and Hendo. This game was our fourth three-day turnround on the trot so hopefully we won't have to rotate quite so much for a while.  

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Hendo was the better of three poor midfielders before the substitutions.

Thiago was a class apart, though.

He was indeed. I wonder though what the belief is about skill and imagination requiring shorter socks? I would've thought Thiago would be just as brilliant if he had proper sized shin pads on under normal socks, and he's such a delicate soul I worry about him getting knocks. Also, Jack Grealish clearly believes in this strange assumption and it doesn't even work that well in his case. Maybe Jack will end up with no socks or pads at all, so great is his drive to succeed as a flair player.

55 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Until Thiago came on and changed things, I thought Hendo had a truly appalling game. His 2 assists were wonderful though.

As I said earlier, he's an awful 6 but a decent 8.

I thought Henderson was very good,the glue that we needed when it was going to shit around us. Klopp also realised this by subbing the abysmal Keita and hapless Ox. Him in front of VVD and Matip kept us sane through the madness.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought Henderson was very good,the glue that we needed when it was going to shit around us. Klopp also realised this by subbing the abysmal Keita and hapless Ox. Him in front of VVD and Matip kept us sane through the madness.

Correct. No one is claiming Hendo doesnt have poor games but he didnt have a poor game today. As Jurgen keeps saying, Hendo's problem is he isnt Steven Gerrard.

• Upvote 1