You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subscriptions - what's going on?

rb14

Of course there will be people on here who can't afford to pay. But I think if you're on here a lot, and can afford it, donating should be high on your agenda. 

Contrary to popular belief, Dave's not loaded. If you look carefully before most home games, you can actually see him hanging around, usually by the gates, looking for discarded fag butts and leftover food. He's usually with some "mates", but they're nothing of the sort. They're destitute, the lot of them. You can tell by the clothes they're wearing. Turn your back and they'll mug you given half a chance. It's sad. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, rb14 said:

Of course there will be people on here who can't afford to pay. But I think if you're on here a lot, and can afford it, donating should be high on your agenda. 

Contrary to popular belief, Dave's not loaded. If you look carefully before most home games, you can actually see him hanging around, usually by the gates, looking for discarded fag butts and leftover food. He's usually with some "mates", but they're nothing of the sort. They're destitute, the lot of them. You can tell by the clothes they're wearing. Turn your back and they'll mug you given half a chance. It's sad. 

One of the reasons I stopped going.

9 hours ago, rb14 said:

I stopped by once to enqure if Dave was selling the official programme and one of these "mates" who seemed to be a bit of a Dutch cunt was dragged off by the local constabulary for questioning.  

• Upvote 3

Not that I’ve been for a while, but one positive that came from the demise of the paper based fanzine seemed to be a reduction in the amount of riff raff hanging about the outside corners of Anfield. 

There was one in particular that always looked menacing. No idea what happened to him. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Not that I’ve been for a while, but one positive that came from the demise of the paper based fanzine seemed to be a reduction in the amount of riff raff hanging about the outside corners of Anfield. 

There was one in particular that always looked menacing. No idea what happened to him. 

Genuinely trying to narrow that down and failing miserably...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

That's very harsh on that lad with the gorgeous hair stood outside the Kop. You apologise to Andy Knott right now!

• Upvote 1

On 15/02/2022 at 11:09, No2 said:

Have you ever paid for a cup of tea? They don't cost much to make but you wouldn't rock up to the ground and expect one for free. 

You are basically describing Dave as a volunteer, maybe he considers himself one to I don't know. I do know that volunteering is very rewarding but if people take the piss the show ends.

If you're regularly on here and can afford it then you should pay.

Why should you pay.

It costs next to nothing to host a forum and this forum has ads, which i'd imagine comfortably cover the hosting fees.

Time spent maintaining a forum is pretty minimal - moderating one is usually done on a volunteer basis.

So exactly what should i be paying for....i have never known a forum that expects people to pay to use it (by way i am not saying this one does expect it, but clearly some members feel people should)

I have no interest in the other content which if the creators wish to monetise that is fair enough and up to them, good luck to them - as it is up to people if they wish to pay for it.

I use here purely as a forum, i have no interest in the match reports, the podcasts and whatever other content is produced and as i have never paid to use a forum before i won't pay to use this one.

• Upvote 1

It's interesting that there's not much new blood on the forum, I don't use others but I imagine it's the same there as I suspect forums are sort of pre social media age, younger reds are probably having a fume on Twitter or whatnot.

I was 26 when started posting here and most of you were too, now I'm old, and you're all old.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Why should you pay.

It costs next to nothing to host a forum and this forum has ads, which i'd imagine comfortably cover the hosting fees.

Time spent maintaining a forum is pretty minimal - moderating one is usually done on a volunteer basis.

So exactly what should i be paying for....i have never known a forum that expects people to pay to use it (by way i am not saying this one does expect it, but clearly some members feel people should)

I have no interest in the other content which if the creators wish to monetise that is fair enough and up to them, good luck to them - as it is up to people if they wish to pay for it.

I use here purely as a forum, i have no interest in the match reports, the podcasts and whatever other content is produced and as i have never paid to use a forum before i won't pay to use this one.

I think regular users should pay if they can afford it. I don't have a massive problem with those who don't pay because they're not arsed or whatever. But actively choosing not to contribute because you think you know the costs is a form of tightness I can't get behind.

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think regular users should pay if they can afford it. I don't have a massive problem with those who don't pay because they're not arsed or whatever. But actively choosing not to contribute because you think you know the costs is a form of tightness I can't get behind.

Spot on.

And it's bollocks to say running a forum costs nothing. It might do for a small run your own website to host a few pictures etc but  one like this that will need considerable bandwidth to host all the forum traffic doesnt come cheap.

As far as I know, site owners get fuck all for the adverts shown and even then, there has to be click through's. This isnt ITV or Sky who charge companies hundreds of thousands to have an advert shown!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, No2 said:

It has nothing to do with tightness and everything to do with seeing absolutely no need to pay for something that frankly without the content we as members post would be pointless (i am talking purely about the forum part of the site)

The forum is a vehicle to attract eyes to the content the creators wish to monetise and that is fine - their content, they have every right to monetise it if they wish and i am sure the forum drives subscriptions to that content....but as someone with zero interest in that content, i simply will not pay to use a forum.

And i stand by what i say forum running costs are very small and i know this from being involved in a forum that had a lot of traffic and a lot of posts and had no ads.....that to be fair was a pure forum though - as opposed to the hybrid model of forum and website here.

Anyway its pointless going round and round on this, this is my stance, it isn't changing and yours is yours and fair do's on that too.