You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Premier League - 7/2/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Brownie said:

I think one of Henderson/Fabinho will play centre half with Kabak and the other will be in midfield with Gini and Thiago.

That would make sense to me.

I'd assumed Fabinho is still injured. I'd have Fabinho and one of Kabak/Davies if he were fit to play. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/02/2021 at 14:10, JustTosh said:

If we win this I'll burst once again in anger of the games played against WestBrom, Burnley, Brighton and others.

Maybe it's better if we don't

This is exactly where my head is at. If we lose, I'll be upset. If we win, I'll be angry that it means nothing because we dropped 20 points against shite.

What a dilemma, but that's this season for you, isn't it. We've had a quantity of injuries that are freakishly unlucky, but at the same time, entirely predictable. We've had defeats that were highly unlikely, while simultaneously being wholly unsurprising.

• Upvote 4

I think I’d like to see a Fabs + Kabak pairing for this one to enable us to get Hendo back in the middle of the park. 

Kabak has played enough games in the Bundesliga to not be too overawed by this fixture.

Gini and Hendo will have the legs in midfield to cover the channels and allow Trent and Robertson to push higher than they have been lately. Will also mean Thiago won’t have to worry about tracking back too much and can do his best to hurt them further up the pitch.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

If he’s brought in two new centre halfs and continues to play midfielders there then what’s the point? I think he’ll go Fabs and Kabak

Maybe to give them more than a week to adjust and to learn all our defensive and marking systems? I reckon he won't start either of them until Leicester or Leipzig unless Fab is still injured. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Maybe to give them more than a week to adjust and to learn all our defensive and marking systems? I reckon he won't start either of them until Leicester or Leipzig unless Fab is still injured. 

Nah he’ll shake it up I reckon, nothing to be gained carrying on like this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Guardiola internally combusts over Klopp saying they had two weeks off because of COVID. Funny I suppose but in fairness I can’t be arsed with petty shite like this. We need space Hubble to see them because we’ve been monumentally shite. Focus on that

Guardiola is back to his condescending best. Now they’re winning again it’s all “oh this player is great, wow what a player” or “Allardyce is the best manager in the league, I couldn’t do the job he does.” He’s got the deck rigged again so he’s all smiles, the fucking flat track bully cunt.

• Upvote 1

The wife said this morning if we beat them it's 7 points. Stranger things have happened. For a few moments, I was thinking yeah you're right then I thought we'll beat them, Everton and Leicester and then lose to fucking West Brom or something.

Null and void the season. Football should return when it is safe to do so.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is exactly where my head is at. If we lose, I'll be upset. If we win, I'll be angry that it means nothing because we dropped 20 points against shite.

What a dilemma, but that's this season for you, isn't it. We've had a quantity of injuries that are freakishly unlucky, but at the same time, entirely predictable. We've had defeats that were highly unlikely, while simultaneously being wholly unsurprising.

Yeah...If we win I’ll be fucking furious. Just the thought makes my blood boil with rage.

On 04/02/2021 at 09:47, Trumo said:

New way:

This game last season enabled us to streak clear in the table. It was a statement of intent that we were a far superior force to before. It wasn't an energetic win against a side that would finish above us anyway as had happened in so many games over the previous 30-odd years. No, WE were the yardstick. An Exocet missile from Fab following a counter, a fantastic goal following a flowing move from Mo, and a back stick header from Sadio after a great ball in from Hendo had us well on top. Bernardo Silva's consolation was just that. 3-1, we were purring and Guardiola was having a meltdown - Twice! TWICE!! TWIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!! - on the touchline. He can cry all he wants about handball but it was his man that handled the ball first.

October 1995 saw us play City at Anfield twice in the space of a few days. In midweek, we thrashed them 4-0 in the League Cup thanks to goals from Scales, Robbie, Rushie and Harkness. We did even better in the league fixture at the weekend, winning 6-0 with Robbie and Rushie each getting a brace, and Redknapp and Ruddock chipping in with the others. We were excellent in attack that season, and City would go on to be relegated from the top flight despite having Kinkladze in their team. The Georgian was hugely talented but a very inconsistent player. Technically brilliant but didn't offer a thing unless he was on the ball, and even then he didn't produce frequently enough.

On that same weekend, Coolio and LV were top of the charts with 'Gangsta's Paradise'. Sampling Stevie Wonder and featuring in the Michelle Pfeiffer film Dangerous Minds, it was one of the biggest rap hits of the 90s, finding a mainsteam audience as well as credibility within rap circles. Coolio not being a part of the East Coast/West Coast thing probably helped him there even if the subject matter was much the same.

We are on a real downer at the moment. Can't buy a goal at Anfield, players dropping like flies before, during or after games, players who need a breather being asked to put in overtime because other options are having to be utlised elsewhere in the team. Something is broken.

We are capable of getting a win in these circumstances. As I put in the opening paragraph, we used to do that sort of thing against the red Mancs, City, Chelsea or Arsenal quite regularly even if they were miles ahead in the table. City aren't exactly miles ahead but there is a sizeable gap and they've noticeably tightened up defensively this year. There's a Chelsea-under-Shitcoat vibe about them.

Just do whatever it takes to get out there and get the win. No farting about with the no tempo, no movement and no serious goal attempts thing we've been doing a lot lately.

Boss memories there lad nice one.