You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Facemasks, PPE and Preppy Thread

Pureblood

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

My sister's a nurse on a Covid ward in Warrington.  She saysthat one advantage of PPE is that they are among the few workers in the country able to give each other a hug when it's needed.

And it's often needed.

I was in Warrington hospital. I may or may not have met her, good hospital.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I had a call with someone yesterday who was talking about her new face masks.  They were like a snood style thing. She could smell her cup

of coffee whilst wearing it.  Surely...

Glad you said Coffee, I was worried about her personal hygiene for a split second.

• Upvote 1

I am now masking up to go to the shops. My cunt mother-in-law has added to the problems with PPE shortages by buying a fuck load of masks. Quite frankly she’s a disgrace, I’m embarrassed to know her and I hope she gets punished for it in some way once this is all over, the fat mess. 

I was definitely gonna say all that to her but obviously we’re in lockdown so all I could do was thank her for the masks. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I am now masking up to go to the shops. My cunt mother-in-law has added to the problems with PPE shortages by buying a fuck load of masks. Quite frankly she’s a disgrace, I’m embarrassed to know her and I hope she gets punished for it in some way once this is all over, the fat mess. 

I was definitely gonna say all that to her but obviously we’re in lockdown so all I could do is thank her for the masks. 

Sounds like there's a bit of friction between the pair of you and I'm not talking about the sex.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

France joins the party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52459030

France will make face masks compulsory on public transport and in secondary schools when it starts easing its coronavirus lockdown on 11 May, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has said

image.jpeg

"Make yer minds up, lads!"

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Glad you said Coffee, I was worried about her personal hygiene for a split second.

Horrid story alert.

In the very early 90’s I worked on a new start up business that was trying to great a magazine for house sales similar to exchange and mart. A precursor for Rightmove before the internet. 

The sales director was a filthy bitch who was a golf groupie. She followed the tour around and fucked loads of the players.  

Anyway, she never wore knickers. That summer was hot and one day she sat in the office, sniffed, and said ‘Oh god, I can smell myself’. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I was definitely gonna say all that to her but obviously we’re in lockdown so all I could do was thank her for the masks. 

What about the parrot? 

Supermarkets are starting to wise up a bit and are providing masks for staff.  But what makes the staff so special?  Surely this should be extended to all customers.  I'd like to see the supermarkets break rank on the government and make them compulsory, in the absence of proper leadership.  

There are rumours that Sadiq Khan will also unilaterally make face masks compulsory on the tube.  Do it, Sadiq.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/aldi-staff-wear-masks-still-21945738

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Supermarkets are starting to wise up a bit and are providing masks for staff.  But what makes the staff so special?  Surely this should be extended to all customers.  I'd like to see the supermarkets break rank on the government and make them compulsory, in the absence of proper leadership.  

There are rumours that Sadiq Khan will also unilaterally make face masks compulsory on the tube.  Do it, Sadiq.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/aldi-staff-wear-masks-still-21945738

It’s so you continue to spend money in their stores.