You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Ok, well let's take your base figure of 2,000 as the minimum acceptable starting point.  According to this website, we've tested 269,598 people in total, but we only have 78,000 positive cases or thereabouts according to worldometer,  which is well short of 50%.  Then you have to factor in the rest of the UK population.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing#united-kingdom

But who are we testing? I think it’s only elites. (Am I doing this right?)

So that’s about 30% ish? Based on a sample of less than 1%. Only sick people tested too. No one who is asymptotic tested either (unless they present with other illnesses and are at risk). 

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Do you have a link to that, please?

Iceland’s isolated location and sparse population mean that some vital information about the novel coronavirus is coming out of the island nation — especially considering that it’s already tested 10% of its population, which is more than any other country, according to USA Today.

And the scariest finding: At any given time, about half of its citizens who have the coronavirus — and don’t know it — are not showing any symptoms. That’s double the CDC’s recent estimate that as many as one in four people with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is it Saturday? Fuck. 

I get argumentative just before the elves come to collect me. I think it’s a combination of Chem trails, Mercury in my vaccines and the lizards controlling the world.  

But your buddy fucked up.  

Fixed.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'd rather read Tk's statistical based scientific solutions

Poor Barlow.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But who are we testing? I think it’s only elites. (Am I doing this right?)

So that’s about 30% ish? Based on a sample of less than 1%. Only sick people tested too. No one who is asymptotic tested either (unless they present with other illnesses and are at risk). 

The people being tested are mostly people in hospital, who will have a propensity to test positive by virtue of being in hospital with Covid-19 symptoms.  

Look if you want to believe that 50% have it then be my guest, it's tiresome responding to you so I'll try and stop.  But if 50% do have it then that means 50% of the GF has it.  

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

The people being tested are mostly people in hospital, who will have a propensity to test positive by virtue of being in hospital with Covid-19 symptoms.  

Look if you want to believe that 50% have it then be my guest, it's tiresome responding to you so I'll try and stop.  But if 50% do have it then that means 50% of the GF has it.  

More than 50% of GF definitely has something, my not be Covid.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Iceland’s isolated location and sparse population mean that some vital information about the novel coronavirus is coming out of the island nation — especially considering that it’s already tested 10% of its population, which is more than any other country, according to USA Today.

And the scariest finding: At any given time, about half of its citizens who have the coronavirus — and don’t know it — are not showing any symptoms. That’s double the CDC’s recent estimate that as many as one in four people with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic.

Do those people stay asymptomatic for the duration of the time they have the virus, though? Because that's kind of important and I haven't seen it said anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t say that.  A mate of mine is releasing a film about Alien Abduction and you were a shoe in for the sequel. 

You should get in touch with Simon, he'd be a better actor than me.

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Why? Are you hoping for mass suicide?

Nope, was just testing to see if anyone was crazy enough.

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Gordon would annihilate him in his sleep. He can take care of it.

Ha ha my tough mate is going to fuck him up. 

The same bloke who vacillates between being a one armed alcoholic with bad joints and taking a cocktail of drugs to keep him alive and fucking Rambo. 

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Did King Kenny have symptoms or was he tested due to being in the at risk category? 

• Downvote 1