You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Do those people stay asymptomatic for the duration of the time they have the virus, though? Because that's kind of important and I haven't seen it said anywhere. 

I think that is the case fore alot of people - either very mild or no symptoms.

The main worry should be if people can get infected a second/third time.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Did King Kenny have symptoms or was he tested due to being in the at risk category? 

Like I said, I'm going to stop responding to your questions.  It all gets very circular and boring for the rest of the forum.  

You crack on making your OSA, 007 and other jokes.  Have fun. 

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Posh cunt! (both my son and daughter live in Beverley)

Ah it's way better around there than here. I'm in Cottingham which is basically connected to Hull and a few mins away from Beverley on train. The part I grew up in though is a council estate so definitely not posh, haha.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Did King Kenny have symptoms or was he tested due to being in the at risk category? 

Tested as a precaution due to a co-existing bacterial infection for which he was being treated with IV antibiotics as far as I'm aware chief. He's not far off 70 either in fairness.

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fair enough, has that talentless fat Tory cunt released a charity single yet? Has to keep his stupid grid in the news somehow!

No idea, I just saw a tweet of his recently somehow and cringed before moving on (didn't dare turn the sound on).

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Like I said, I'm going to stop responding to your questions.  It all gets very circular and boring for the rest of the forum.  

You crack on making your OSA, 007 and other jokes.  Have fun. 

Ok. Bye then. 

Hope you remember to Die Another Day, after all, you Only Live Twice or  is it once? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Ah it's way better around there than here. I'm in Cottingham which is basically connected to Hull and a few mins away from Beverley on train. The part I grew up in though is a council estate so definitely not posh, haha.

I know Cottingham, my ex brother inlaw lives down bricknell ave just past west bulls, i lived near morrisons in beverley for long enough. Enough of this frivolity, lets go back to being cunts

On the testing thing -- questions were already raised about the vailidity of a massive number used S Korea and China - and:

Senior health officials in the UK are facing demands to reveal how much has been spent on millions of inaccurate coronavirus antibody tests, after it emerged that payments had been guaranteed even if the kits failed to work.

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know Cottingham, my ex brother inlaw lives down bricknell ave just past west bulls, i lived near morrisons in beverley for long enough. Enough of this frivolity, lets go back to being cunts

I thought you might do with it being so close to Beverley. Bricknell isn't too far from here either as I'm near the middle of the village. My auntie lives next to that same morrisons too, definitely a small world. And agreed on going back to being cunts.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are fucked. A few people on here said they would be in the shit as loads of people cant afford medical insurance.

Nobody is in good shape but the UK has four times the death rate per case - and has tested about half per capita.

NYC has incoming into hospital and death rate has plateaued. Unless it blows up somewhere in a few major cities I think you may see similar if not worse.

4 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Can I forward this on calling people   (Tory government) cunts,  safe in the knowledge that it’s for reals or do I have to spend my own time checking it’s validity.

It's legit. It also highlighted the lack of ventilators.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/uk-strategy-to-address-pandemic-threat-not-properly-implemented

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/03/government-documents-show-no-planning-ventilators-event-pandemic

• Upvote 1

Now that we've seen footage about all the bodies piling up  in the streets in Ecuador, overflowing mortuaries, Funeral Directors overwhelmed by the number of dead, mass burials in New York and all the rest of it,  the "normal flu kills more people every year" brigade have gone very quiet

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Now that we've seen footage about all the bodies piling up  in the streets in Ecuador, overflowing mortuaries, Funeral Directors overwhelmed by the number of dead, mass burials in New York and all the rest of it,  the "normal flu kills more people every year" brigade have gone very quiet

Yep, it's embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

@SasaS posted some stats the other day which showed that flu is still more deadly.