You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

The benefits of the vaccine very clear for us to see in our family.  My 88 year old dad and 80 year old mum both caught it and my dad was a bit sick for 36 hours, and my mum just had a cough. My dad has lung issues that don’t debilitate his life (he plays golf 4 days a week) but would have seen COVID kill him without a vaccine. 

My non vaccinated 4 year old has now caught it and it’s knocked the shit out of him. High temperature, sore throat exasperated by a bad cough and zero energy. Poor fella. 

26BCDDE1-E18D-409D-9787-E89D1CAD9DBC.jpeg

Poor little fella, sick kids was God's worst invention.

Totally agree on the vaccine.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

The benefits of the vaccine very clear for us to see in our family.  My 88 year old dad and 80 year old mum both caught it and my dad was a bit sick for 36 hours, and my mum just had a cough. My dad has lung issues that don’t debilitate his life (he plays golf 4 days a week) but would have seen COVID kill him without a vaccine. 

My non vaccinated 4 year old has now caught it and it’s knocked the shit out of him. High temperature, sore throat exasperated by a bad cough and zero energy. Poor fella. 

Good of you to let him use your duvet. Hope he gets better soon.

• Upvote 6

I’m afraid, Julia, that unnecessary deaths of the vulnerable, and strain on the NHS, have been formally normalised in the minds of the general public. Acceptable losses to avoid some basic courtesies to others.

• Upvote 3

On 19/10/2020 at 09:44, TheHowieLama said:

I said months ago that the vaccine would be normalization and indifference. That is pretty much where we are - the public have accepted certain death rates. Think I posted anything under 1000 a day in the US and 200 a day in the UK will gladly be accepted by the gubmints.

People have stopped listening.

45 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’m afraid, Julia, that unnecessary deaths of the vulnerable, and strain on the NHS, have been formally normalised in the minds of the general public. Acceptable losses to avoid some basic courtesies to others.

7 day averages - US currently @ 600 a day, UK @ 150 a day.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Can’t believe this thread has dropped off the first page of the GF

Anyway, this is how Shanghai is enforcing their lockdown. Robot Dogs!!!

Boston Dynamics dogs would kill that gobby little fucker.

Out of interest is anyone working on time travel just in case we need to send someone back in time to stope all this at it's inception?

If not can one of you start looking into it.

On 29/03/2022 at 10:30, Pidge said:

Hope he's feeling better soon.

Had a bout go around the family in recent weeks. Both parents, my sister, an aunt, two uncles and... Eventually, my grandparents. My Nan is extremely vulnerable due to other health issues, but has her 4th jab as a result and also had anti-virals prescribed previously as a 'just in case' measure. My grandad hasn't really stopped and I think is getting over it fine. She is managing okay too, but unsure whether she will try and do too much as that's been an issue in the past with her heart issues. 

Both grandparents now testing negative and feeling (relatively) well. Looking forward to seeing them over the weekend.

Thank fuck for the vaccine and evidence-based treatment.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Both grandparents now testing negative and feeling (relatively) well. Looking forward to seeing them over the weekend.

Thank fuck for the vaccine and evidence-based treatment.

My Dad (who we have been terrified of catching it due to his COPD) caught it last week. He's been a bit poorly but nothing more. He worked in the iron foundry when he was young and his lungs have been awful since. The vaccines truly have been a blessing to millions. 

• Upvote 6

It’s a case of how much weaker Omicron is too. The other variants were killing people in their droves. Omicron seems to be making sure everyone gets their turn. 

I caught it eight months after the second AZ jab, which surely must have worn off by then and all I had really was a banging headache for three days. 

I finally got the booster the other day because those Dutch cunts won’t let me into their country if it’s been more than 270 days since my last jab. 

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Out of interest is anyone working on time travel just in case we need to send someone back in time to stope all this at it's inception?

Fucking hell Fahrenheit 451 is coming true!

On 21/03/2022 at 18:26, littletedwest said:

Mum, sister and  2 year old nephew all got it. Only concern is my mum,two metal heart valves and a pacemaker. She said she feels awful but 3 vaccine so should be find 

All fine now. Rang her morning after this post " just checking you hadn't gone during the night mum"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s a case of how much weaker Omicron is too. The other variants were killing people in their droves. Omicron seems to be making sure everyone gets their turn. 

I caught it eight months after the second AZ jab, which surely must have worn off by then and all I had really was a banging headache for three days.

Um, what's this sacrilege?  The vaccine is the ONLY thing that can save you, down with you and your natural immunity.  Outrageous post. 

• Downvote 3

On 29/03/2022 at 07:45, JohnnyH said:

Every story needs a happy ending. He still gets tired quicker than before. But much much better 8 days after the original positive test. 

337373AB-1BD8-44D5-8549-4DB0C308BA26.jpeg

0954455B-EF5F-4A15-B8FF-2F6246F99372.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Every story needs a happy ending. He still gets tired quicker than before. But much much better 8 days after the original positive test. 

337373AB-1BD8-44D5-8549-4DB0C308BA26.jpeg

0954455B-EF5F-4A15-B8FF-2F6246F99372.jpeg

I’m pleased to hear the little fella is on the mend. Buy him a decent pair of trainees, though, you cruel bastard.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Good to see. Now, about that new toy and sweets….

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Juniper said:

Can’t believe this thread has dropped off the first page of the GF

Anyway, this is how Shanghai is enforcing their lockdown. Robot Dogs!!!

7 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I prefer the Raccoon I saw earlier :