You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

This is a bit of a moral minefield. On the one hand, you absolutely want to encourage everyone who can get vaccinated to do so, especially if they have face-to-face contact with members of the public. On the other hand is the risk of disincentivising people from declaring contacts and isolating accordingly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59963700

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is a bit of a moral minefield. On the one hand, you absolutely want to encourage everyone who can get vaccinated to do so, especially if they have face-to-face contact with members of the public. On the other hand is the risk of disincentivising people from declaring contacts and isolating accordingly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59963700

they're not the 1st company to do this. you make a good point about people ignoring isolation, but from the few anti-vaxxers i know, they don't believe in isolation anyway. 

48 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

That is a perfectly logical question, as were the doctors questions to the minister a couple of pages back. It's what should happen in a normal civil society but unfortunately we don't live in one of them. We live in a society that is populated by cunts that decided within days that this is just a cold. 

I got vaccinated, as did my wife, neither of us wanted to but done it to help the overall community reach the magic target at the time of 85%. That allowed 15% for people genuinely scared or medically vulnerable to the vaccine to not have it. That's society in action, those that can helping those that can't. I didn't get jabbed to have cunts laugh at me, call me a fascist, a sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma. Fuck them people, Novak and his mates made a choice and with that comes some consequences. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 14

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

That is a perfectly logical question, as were the doctors questions to the minister a couple of pages back. It's what should happen in a normal civil society but unfortunately we don't live in one of them. We live in a society that is populated by cunts that decided within days that this is just a cold. 

I got vaccinated, as did my wife, neither of us wanted to but done it to help the overall community reach the magic target at the time of 85%. That allowed 15% for people genuinely scared or medically vulnerable to the vaccine to not have it. That's society in action, those that can helping those that can't. I didn't get jabbed to have cunts laugh at me, call me a fascist, a sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma. Fuck them people, Novak and his mates made a choice and with that comes some consequences. 

Thats a fucking outstanding post. 

Just now, Pidge said:

It's a perfectly valid question, I wonder if there's a higher risk of later deterioration with unvaxed patients, but have no idea. Would like to know.

And we keep getting told LFTs are a good indicator of how infectious you are. If that's true, it would seem quite logical that any dual negative LFT would be sufficient. 

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

I got vaccinated, as did my wife, neither of us wanted to but done it to help the overall community reach the magic target at the time of 85%. That allowed 15% for people genuinely scared or medically vulnerable to the vaccine to not have it. That's society in action, those that can helping those that can't. I didn't get jabbed to have cunts laugh at me, call me a fascist, a sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma.

That's all good, can totally understand that.

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fuck them people, Novak and his mates made a choice and with that comes some consequences. 

This is where is gets less clear though. What's Novak got to do with people calling you a fascist, a sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma? And who are his mates? And what consequences do you think they should face?

So much of this in recent months has been divisive and we have governments and media all over the world churning out constant bullshit and propaganda against unvaccinated. I've spent fuck knows how many hours over the last decade reading stupid shit designed to demonise Syrians, Russians, Muslims, Brexit supporters, Corbyn, all those that the gov and parts of the media have been fine with scapegoating. And it might be hard for most here to realise, but to see that same crap now turned against people like myself for choosing not to get vaccinated is fucking unbelievable. Every day I'm amazed and shocked and yeah, it can also be anger inducing and sometimes scary, and it is literally every day I see it if I look around in the media.

I can totally understand anyone here being wound up if there's unvaxxed lumping all vaxxed into one group and calling them and accusing them of all types of things they want nothing to do with. But it does also work the other way and some of us are in a genuine minority now with governments and media constantly lying about us along with parts of the majority of the population getting increasingly wound up too, partly because of the daily propaganda.

Many of us can simply remember what happened to Corbyn and how amazed we were that so many people actually believed so much of the lies about him. It wasn't that one big thing had turned huge parts of the country against him, it was the constant, daily lies that eventually created a narrative that was almost impossible to alter. That wasn't done by accident and we know that.

The main thing I'm trying to say is that some people insulting you and accusing you of things after you've decided to get vaccinated for genuinely good reasons doesn't mean that most of 5 million or so unvaccinated would also do the same or share the same views.

It would be good if some of you could see this more and I know some already do. A big part of the 5 million (if that figure is correct) unvaxxed just want to be allowed to get on with their lives if the omicron wave settles down and have no interest in calling all vaccinated fascists, sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma.

There's people that are vaxxed that are going completely over the top and supporting all types of stupid shit, and there's unvaxxed that are also going completely over the top and accusing vaxxed of all types of shit. Hopefully we can realise though that the majority of vaxxed and unvaxxed would just prefer to move on from all of this divisive crap and try to return to some type of normal reality soon if that's possible.

21 hours ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

Close to 400 deaths recorded today. Might've just been those "mild" deaths though?

In the last 28 days millions of people have tested positive. The law of averages shows that a percentage of these will die. It is of course a significant metric, but now more than ever, we need clarity of whether people are dying of or with. We know before Omicron, that about 85% were of, but now it's likely to be a lot less.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

In the last 28 days millions of people have tested positive. The law of averages shows that a percentage of these will die. It is of course a significant metric, but now more than ever, we need clarity of whether people are dying of or with. We know before that about 85% were of, but now it's likely to be a lot less.

Last year, approximately 1,900 people died every single day in the UK. Weren't they saying recently that 1 in 15 people are currently infected with coronavirus? So on that basis alone, regardless of anything else, around 125 people a day will die while currently positive for covid, and if you include everyone who tested positive for covid within the last month, it's an even higher figure.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Last year, approximately 1,900 people died every single day in the UK. Weren't they saying recently that 1 in 15 people are currently infected with coronavirus? So on that basis alone, regardless of anything else, around 125 people a day will die while currently positive for covid, and if you include everyone who tested positive for covid within the last month, it's an even higher figure.

This is right - about 85k total more than in 2019 which was around 1,600 a day. You posted this awhile ago.

Do you think the UK will continue from here on at 1,900 a day? 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

That's all good, can totally understand that.

This is where is gets less clear though. What's Novak got to do with people calling you a fascist, a sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma? And who are his mates? And what consequences do you think they should face?

So much of this in recent months has been divisive and we have governments and media all over the world churning out constant bullshit and propaganda against unvaccinated. I've spent fuck knows how many hours over the last decade reading stupid shit designed to demonise Syrians, Russians, Muslims, Brexit supporters, Corbyn, all those that the gov and parts of the media have been fine with scapegoating. And it might be hard for most here to realise, but to see that same crap now turned against people like myself for choosing not to get vaccinated is fucking unbelievable. Every day I'm amazed and shocked and yeah, it can also be anger inducing and sometimes scary, and it is literally every day I see it if I look around in the media.

I can totally understand anyone here being wound up if there's unvaxxed lumping all vaxxed into one group and calling them and accusing them of all types of things they want nothing to do with. But it does also work the other way and some of us are in a genuine minority now with governments and media constantly lying about us along with parts of the majority of the population getting increasingly wound up too, partly because of the daily propaganda.

Many of us can simply remember what happened to Corbyn and how amazed we were that so many people actually believed so much of the lies about him. It wasn't that one big thing had turned huge parts of the country against him, it was the constant, daily lies that eventually created a narrative that was almost impossible to alter. That wasn't done by accident and we know that.

The main thing I'm trying to say is that some people insulting you and accusing you of things after you've decided to get vaccinated for genuinely good reasons doesn't mean that most of 5 million or so unvaccinated would also do the same or share the same views.

It would be good if some of you could see this more and I know some already do. A big part of the 5 million (if that figure is correct) unvaxxed just want to be allowed to get on with their lives if the omicron wave settles down and have no interest in calling all vaccinated fascists, sheep, a supporter of Fauci and big pharma.

There's people that are vaxxed that are going completely over the top and supporting all types of stupid shit, and there's unvaxxed that are also going completely over the top and accusing vaxxed of all types of shit. Hopefully we can realise though that the majority of vaxxed and unvaxxed would just prefer to move on from all of this divisive crap and try to return to some type of normal reality soon if that's possible.

RP there are 4 type of people and I clearly identified all 4.

1) Got vaccinated 

2) Genuinely scared of the vaccine 

3) Medically vulnerable to the vaccine 

4) Cunts

You can place yourself in category 2 or 4, I don't really care. What's important here is category 4 have fucked it for 2 and 3 and continue to try fuck it for up for 1. They are the reason there is spitefulness from people like me, I have huge sympathy for that doctor I mentioned earlier, I don't consider him a cunt but he's in the minority of those not vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Even if you include all who tested positive in 28 days it probably won't make the numbers to be able to say it's just with covid.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

This is right - about 85k total more than in 2019 which was around 1,600 a day. You posted this awhile ago.

Do you think the UK will continue from here on at 1,900 a day? 

It's probably going to increase. An ageing population means an increased mortality rate. And our population is rapidly ageing.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's probably going to increase. An ageing population means an increased mortality rate. And our population is rapidly ageing.

Life expectancy has dropped for the first time in years despite an aging population.  Wonder why?