You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A (not yet peer reviewed) study suggests that masks and distancing are highly effective at reducing risk of transmission.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/11/covid-loses-90-of-ability-to-infect-within-five-minutes-in-air-study

That's not actually what the study shows. That's someone's opinion and interpretation of the results of the study.

15 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Took a day 6 LFT to potentially return to work tomorrow. Still came back positive. 

Bummer. No parole for you, young man.

I'll repeat my advice. It's best to act as if you haven't taken the Day 6 test: don't report your results - it only confuses the T&T system - serve your 10 days, then take an LFT (which is almost certain to be negative).

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

That's not actually what the study shows. That's someone's opinion and interpretation of the results of the study.

It's a pretty clear and unavoidable conclusion to draw from what the study shows. The only question is whether peer-review would find the study itself valid.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Bummer. No parole for you, young man.

I'll repeat my advice. It's best to act as if you haven't taken the Day 6 test: don't report your results - it only confuses the T&T system - serve your 10 days, then take an LFT (which is almost certain to be negative).

I haven't even spoken to test and trace. Kept ignoring their calls and eventually blocked the number. Last time I had it they rang incessantly and, like a good citizen, I spoke to them for about half an hour every day answering the same questions over and over. Not doing it this time. I'm following the latest rules and if they want to check they can knock on my door to be told fuck off. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I haven't even spoken to test and trace. Kept ignoring their calls and eventually blocked the number. Last time I had it they rang incessantly and, like a good citizen, I spoke to them for about half an hour every day answering the same questions over and over. Not doing it this time. I'm following the latest rules and if they want to check they can knock on my door to be told fuck off. 

Careful, now. TK will be on your case.

Screenshot_2021-11-12-16-31-04-28_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

When you spoke to them did you notice that there were a lot of Anglicised names with people with heavy accents and a less than fluent grasp of the English language?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

When you spoke to them did you notice that there were a lot of Anglicised names with people with heavy accents and a less than fluent grasp of the English language?

I didn't tbh. I did notice they'd ring me at 8am when I was really sick even though I asked them not to. They've left 3 automated messages already today. Fuck them. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Never had that speaking to track and trace, it's usually reserved for people from 'Sky' telling me there's an issue with my broadband and trying to get me to log into team viewer to fix it.

Didn't realise Dave was such a popular name in Mumbai.

18 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I didn't tbh. I did notice they'd ring me at 8am when I was really sick even though I asked them not to. They've left 3 automated messages already today. Fuck them. 

14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Never had that speaking to track and trace, it's usually reserved for people from 'Sky' telling me there's an issue with my broadband and trying to get me to log into team viewer to fix it.

When I had it all of the callers, four in total, were all the stereotypical outsourced call centre staff, 'Brain' with a heavy Indian accent and a less than perfect grasp of English.

I asked them where they were based and they refused to tell me.

I know that the contracts for T&T were outsourced to a Tory donor, that's why I took an interest and I can't find anything about where they are based as they've been outsourced by the outsourcer...

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Took a day 6 LFT to potentially return to work tomorrow. Still came back positive. 

Same happened with my day 6 test yesterday. Today, day 7, I’ve finally lost my senses of taste and smell. Weird as fuck. 

Now my headache is starting to come back because I’m constantly sniffing up to see if I can smell anything. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Same happened with my day 6 test yesterday. Today, day 7, I’ve finally lost my senses of taste and smell. Weird as fuck. 

Now my headache is starting to come back because I’m constantly sniffing up to see if I can smell anything. 

Is this the first time you've had it mate? 

32 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I get loads of dodgy calls which show up as coming from somewhere in the UK. So, I'll answer the call from Loughborough or Kendal or wherever just to hear some bloke with an Indian accent say "Hello, my name's Simon..." It's such an obvious lie to open with. The daft thing is, if he'd used his real name, I could believe that he's calling from whatever UK town he says he's calling from.

Having said that, I had a call yesterday that said it was from Sunderland and unfortunately it was; at least I have a chance to understand the Indian accents.

5 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Johns Hopkins Research on Natural Immunity for COVID-19 and COVID Vaccines

Johns Hopkins has conducted a large study on natural immunity that shows antibody levels against COVID-19 coronavirus stay higher for a longer time in people who were infected by the virus and then were fully vaccinated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccines compared with those who only got immunized. (The results of the study were published in a letter to the Journal of the American Medical Association on Nov. 1, 2021.)

The data show that one month after they got their second shot, participants who had had COVID-19 more than 90 days before their first shot had adjusted antibody levels higher than those who had been exposed to the coronavirus more recently than 90 days. Three months after the second coronavirus vaccine, the antibody levels were even higher: 13% higher than those who were exposed to the virus less than or equal to the 90-day mark.

These study results suggest that natural immunity may increase the protection of the shots when there is a longer time period between having COVID-19 and getting vaccinated.

Published on November 23, 2021

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

Jaw-Dropping Academic Study Shows Natural Immunity Superior to COVID Vaccine

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/88036/jaw-dropping-academic-study-shows-natural-immunity-superior-to-covid-vaccine

When it is scientifically proven that a cold can offer cross-immunity against Covid, what makes you think that Covid itself cannot?

This is quite the hodge podge here man.

The first article is comparing the strength of those who were unvaccinated and had Covid to those who were double vaxxed after having Covid. It shows what anyone would predict - adding the vaccine improved their immunity. What they are really looking at there is the length of time between Covid infection and vaccination that produces highest immunity.

The second is basic science - you get a virus your body responds and id's it. Nowhere in that are they saying it is greater than being vaccinated. I don't think anyone disputes that - it is how all viruses have worked.

The third is the strangest of the lot as they chose three groups - double vaxx - Covid/no vaxx - Covid/1 shot - but leave out Covid/double vaxx, the group the first study found to be the best outcome. This from a country where nearly 90% are double vaxxed.

• Like 1