You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

City away 10/4/18 UCL 1/4 2nd Leg

Bjornebye

My 15 year old daughter Hannah watched the game with me. When Mo scored it was a new emotion to her in such a tense game. I was screaming. I was singing the Mo song at full voice. The dog was barking at my noise. Hannah cheered and clapped, but then spontaneously just burst out crying. It was beautiful.

I gave her a massive hug without my breaking beat in a beautiful rendition of "Mo Salah, running down the wing".

Great stuff Jennings. If I could rep twice I would.

Makes me want my 6 year old to not go to bed at half time and watch the second half rather than him go to bed and have to tell him the score the next day but those years are to come.

I cannot wait. He was 6 today a he loves Mo

86e5feabf4dfa0826de298dd053282d5.jpg

• Upvote 3

All im hearing is the wrong decision being rehashed. They can all fuck off to hell.

They didnt get the comeback they were all hard for.

No credit being extended to LFC.

Wankers everywhere. Ralf Ellis on Talkshyte. Is he a blue?

The Guardian headline makes mention of an "offside controversy"....and on their website, the lead, big text report is on the Roma game, with our game being relegated to second billing.

Sour meffs.

My 15 year old daughter Hannah watched the game with me. When Mo scored it was a new emotion to her in such a tense game. I was screaming. I was singing the Mo song at full voice. The dog was barking at my noise. Hannah cheered and clapped, but then spontaneously just burst out crying. It was beautiful.

I gave her a massive hug without my breaking beat in a beautiful rendition of "Mo Salah, running down the wing".

Love it. I’m taking my 9 year old to Brighton Home. She learned a few words over the course of this tie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would be in meltdown had that offside decision gone against us. It was so bad that it's bound to be highlighted by every half arsed hack . Had it gone 2-0 to City then it could have been a different story but it was only a matter of time chances would fall our way and we would grab a goal to end the tie effectively . We were the best team over both games and it's stupid denying anyone denying it. Guardiola needs to get over himself

Ace.

My 13 year old step-son was just six when I got together with Mrs Turdseye. He’s a southerner and thought of himself as a Chelsea fan. I found myself down here for the ‘12 FA Cup final. He was seven, he’d been outside playing with his mates all afternoon and he ran inside after the game had finished and got in my face about the result. The little bastard.

I moved down here a few months later and explained to him that you can’t support a football team if you’ve never been to see them in person. In stepped some lads from this forum to sort me out with tickets to a couple of away games and he’s never looked back. Had him literally shrieking, hanging off my neck tonight when Salah scored and he’s turned in to a boss little red.

My four year old daughter asked my bird if she could have her milk and raisins upstairs tonight because the boys are watching the football and it’s a ‘very important’ and ‘the ultimate’ game. She never got that from me and it cracked me up. I think the fact I’d started singing at half five might have had something to do with it.

• Upvote 3

We would be in meltdown had that offside decision gone against us. It was so bad that it's bound to be highlighted by every half arsed hack . Had it gone 2-0 to City then it could have been a different story but it was only a matter of time chances would fall our way and we would grab a goal to end the tie effectively . We were the best team over both games and it's stupid denying anyone denying it. Guardiola needs to get over himself

Getting far in the Champions League is a matter of having things go your way. It's basically impossible to be perfect, but frankly against a side as strong as City, I think we were very close to it. 

Even with the benefit of some favourable refereeing decisions, we completely shut them down and scored more goals than they had shots on target over the two legs. 

In the end there's nothing else to say. We were the better side and Pep knows it. 

First game, I've been to this season. Was in the South stand with the City fans. As the game was increasingly getting away from them, they made some very cogent and well researched points about Liverpool and scousers in general. Will be mulling them over in the next few days, real food for thought.

Glory hunter.

Want mine for the semi?

All im hearing is the wrong decision being rehashed. They can all fuck off to hell.

They didnt get the comeback they were all hard for.

No credit being extended to LFC.

Wankers everywhere. Ralf Ellis on Talkshyte. Is he a blue?

We’re through. They’re not.

We scored 5 times against them. Not even close.

Fuck their metrosexual manager.m

Fuck their stolen oil millions.

Fuck their plastic flags.

Fuck their attempts to be just like their Salford mates they hate.

Fuck their owners’ lack of reflect for human rights.

Fuck their zero European Cups.

Fuck Man Citeh up the arse

We’re through. They’re not.

We scored 5 times against them. Not even close.

Fuck their metrosexual manager.m

Fuck their stolen oil millions.

Fuck their plastic flags.

Fuck their attempts to be just like their Salford mates they hate.

Fuck their owners’ lack of reflect for human rights.

Fuck their zero European Cups.

Fuck Man Citeh up the arse

So close

• Upvote 1

All this nice stories about the game bringing families closer together...when Mo scored I couldn't help but let out a few choice words in celebration, causing my wife to tell me to shut up from the bedroom. Fair enough at 6am I guess! 

Still, my three young sons knew the deal and slept til after the final whistle. Good lads. 

• Upvote 2