You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

In what way is paying Wiltshire a big fuck off signing on fee and a big inflated wage to sit on his arse being injured or unfit or out of form a good deal? He's turned it on a bit this season because he has the double whammy of a new contract and a world cup to play for. Where was he last season? On Bournemouths bench then injured when he couldn't be arsed. He's the anti James Milner.

• Upvote 1

Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure has admitted he would love to one day play for Liverpool.

The Frenchman has impressed mightily as the lynchpin in the Hornets midfield this season. His performances have drawn the interest of Arsenal and Tottenham.

But the 25-year-old envisages a move to Liverpool as his dream.

"Liverpool is a club that need no introduction," Doucoure told Canal Football Club.

"I was impatient to play there, at Anfield. I wanted to feel the atmosphere. For me it would be a dream to play in a club like this."

Jack Wilshere would be injured the moment he signed. We need to get shut of Sturridge and Lallana, not replace them.

Maybe the Doctors and Physios have been moaning about having nothing to do, so we are keeping them happy

Don’t think Werner or Lamar fit the bill to be honest. Werner isn’t a 90 mil level talent and Lemar while a very talented player isn’t quite dynamic enough. He’s a less skilled Coutinho whom I don’t think was a perfect fit for the way Klopp wanted the side constructed even as good as he was for us. Much prefer someone like Pulisic who’s much more dynamic and capable with his pace of playing a lot more positions. Also lot of talk about Jorginho but the talk on Milinkovic Savic has died off who I think would be just as good for us if not more so with his physical presence which I think we lack a bit when Can is out of the side.

Don’t think Werner or Lamar fit the bill to be honest. Werner isn’t a 90 mil level talent and Lemar while a very talented player isn’t quite dynamic enough. He’s a less skilled Coutinho whom I don’t think was a perfect fit for the way Klopp wanted the side constructed even as good as he was for us. Much prefer someone like Pulisic who’s much more dynamic and capable with his pace of playing a lot more positions. Also lot of talk about Jorginho but the talk on Milinkovic Savic has died off who I think would be just as good for us if not more so with his physical presence which I think we lack a bit when Can is out of the side.

Pulisic would be very tempting to the owners I would have thought with the potential US marketing opportunities. But he's only scored 3 goals this season playing a lot of games for a decent team. We'd have to pay pushing 100 million for him which is way more than he's actually worth at this point, despite looking like he's got a load of potential.

Lemar again I think has only scored 3 goals, and I like him as a player as well.

Both of them would be a good fit for the squad I think, both young with a lot of room to improve, but at the prices quoted they'd each cost approaching what Mane, Salah and Firmino did put together and would probably only make the bench.

Lemar is a complete footballer. He's got technical ability, athleticism, intelligence, versatility and he can hit a dead ball. And I think he'll have the capacity to run matches when he gains a bit more experience because even without production he looks great most of the time. Coutinho is a better player right now, but for me, if we're looking for close to a like-for-like replacement, it's him. 

Lemar is a complete footballer. He's got technical ability, athleticism, intelligence, versatility and he can hit a dead ball. And I think he'll have the capacity to run matches when he gains a bit more experience because even without production he looks great most of the time. Coutinho is a better player right now, but for me, if we're looking for close to a like-for-like replacement, it's him.

He’s not really a player that breaks lines. For me he’s a little one dimensional. I like Pulisic better because he has a lot of the same qualities but has real pace and can break the lines. I think he’s more similar to Coutinho in that aspect (albeit Coutinho relies more on pure technical ability than speed). He’s also a lot younger (at that age a few years is a big difference) so I think he has a lot more room for improvement. Lemar at 22 should be producing a lot more than a 19 year old but their output is fairly similar.

Liverpool target Dani Ceballos has been told he can leave Real Madrid this summer.

The 21-year-old had been tipped as a star of the future when he moved to the Bernabeu last summer from Real Betis.

However the midfielder has struggled for action at Madrid this season and, according to Mundo Deportivo, he will be allowed to leave this summer.

That news will be of great interest to Liverpool, who have been tracking Ceballos closely for a number of months.

The Reds are not alone in their pursuit of the Spaniard, though, as both AC Milan and Juventus are keeping tabs on him too.

Real Madrid have reportedly told interested clubs that Ceballos will not be sold for less than £25m.

Liverpool target Dani Ceballos has been told he can leave Real Madrid this summer.

The 21-year-old had been tipped as a star of the future when he moved to the Bernabeu last summer from Real Betis.

However the midfielder has struggled for action at Madrid this season and, according to Mundo Deportivo, he will be allowed to leave this summer.

That news will be of great interest to Liverpool, who have been tracking Ceballos closely for a number of months.

The Reds are not alone in their pursuit of the Spaniard, though, as both AC Milan and Juventus are keeping tabs on him too.

Real Madrid have reportedly told interested clubs that Ceballos will not be sold for less than £25m.

Somewhere on therealmadridway, somebody is posting that Ceballos can go in the summer.

• Upvote 3

Ian Wright warning us that when Lewandowski goes to Real we will lose Firmino to Bayern.

Suddenly he's an expert in our transfers.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this happen and Werner is our backup option incase either Firmino pushes for a move or doesn’t sign a new deal sharpish, I don’t think we’ll let what’s happened with Can happen to anyone else. As FSG have shown a number of times we need to sell to buy and our finances depends on selling players on, if we keep losing players for nothing their whole plan falls apart.

Bayern Munich aren’t going to start throwing enough money around to buy Firmino. It’s not happening. At worst he runs his contract down and leaves in 2 years which could be to them but I’m not worried about him going before then. I don’t think Barca/Real would want him and I don’t think Bayern would pay the transfer fee and more wages than we would give him.