You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I don’t watch much foreign football apart from the odd CL game, will Keita and Jorginho help us to retain possession better? It’s something that we’re crying out for to take the sting out of games, or to see a game out. Sevilla both games, Arsenal away, City at home all showed that.

Not the enforcer, that's for sure.

Van Dijk is the ball player.

Just so happens he’s as good in the air as an enforcer, as strong as an enforcer and as tough as an enforcer but he’s a ball player, that’s the reason why we paid £75m for him he’s both. Ohh and he’s also fast as fuck.

I don’t watch much foreign football apart from the odd CL game, will Keita and Jorginho help us to retain possession better? It’s something that we’re crying out for to take the sting out of games, or to see a game out. Sevilla both games, Arsenal away, City at home all showed that.

None of them particularly keep the ball, Keita probably will give it away quite a bit but that’s because he’s so direct and why he’ll get a shit ton of assists, Jorginho’s efficiency is what makes him special, he doesn’t waste the ball. If he gives it wide it’s for a reason, if he plays a first time ball long towards the corner it’s too push us back up the field. He’s literally like a coach on the pitch.

Jorginho will be what Pirlo was in that he’ll be the one assisting the assister so his stats won’t be as impressive as they seem but he’ll more than likely be our most important player after a while. God I hope we get him!

I get the feeling that Keita will bring a bit of the aggression that we've been lacking, we were top of the fair play league last season, we are second this year and would be top again if it wasn't for the Mane red card Vs City.

Need a bit of a nasty bastard sometimes to get shit done.

If we leave the Kop gates open , Naby will be half way down Oakfield Road with the ball before they catch him.

Jorginho's agent apparently met with City and United over the weekend. No way is he coming here. I'd love Gundogan though if he does go to City. Seems to have a fondness for the ol' Klopp hug.

Don't lose heart. Mans just doing his job. Trying to flog his client to the highest bidder. Won't get a game at City and under Maureen at United his creative skills will be sawn off at the knees.

IF THE MOUNTAIN WON’T COME TO MOHAMED…

Elsewhere in the Sunday Mirror, we are brought news of Mohamed Salah’s Liverpool future. Lovely.

The Egyptian is reportedly in line for a new ‘bumper contract’ to fend off interest from Real Madrid, to whom Liverpool will absolutely not sell this summer.

Salah stands to be offered a £200,000-a-week contract, and ‘will not be tempted’ by a move to La Liga as Philippe Coutinho was.

The forward ‘is anxious’ to ‘prove himself in the Premier League’ after failing to break through at Chelsea. So you can thank Mourinho, Liverpool

Arsenal and Chelsea are set to battle it out over Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak this summer, say the Daily Express. Both clubs have written up lists of replacements for the ageing Petr Cech and the Spain-bound Thibaut Courtois, and Oblak features highly on both.

Liverpool ‘are also watching’ the Slovenia international, who has an £88m release clause

Arsenal and Chelsea are set to battle it out over Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak this summer, say the Daily Express. Both clubs have written up lists of replacements for the ageing Petr Cech and the Spain-bound Thibaut Courtois, and Oblak features highly on both.

Liverpool ‘are also watching’ the Slovenia international, who has an £88m release clause

Is "watching" better than "monitoring" ?

I really want Oblak but there’s no way speanding that kind of money is anywhere near good value. We can spend it far better and more effectively than on a keeper of that cost.

If it’s genuinely a case of £88m on Oblak or £44m on Allison, despite Oblak being more proven it would be better spent on Allison. Similarly if it’s a case of getting Allison for £44m and getting someone like Nzonzi instead of Ndidi or Jorginho I’d rather we kept Karius and get first choice midfielders or centre backs.

If Karius actually saves the majority of the shots he faces we’ll be way better off in general. Don’t we face one of the least clear cut chances in the league but our keepers save the least percentage.