You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I honestly am not bothered by what City, or any other team for that matter, is buying or not buying. Klopp knows his player and will get them by hook or crook if he needs them. City look like they are starting to rake every decent player on their way I suspect partly as a way of preempting us. For all we know this guy Joyce may may be talking a lot of crap without even knowing whether Klopp really wanted Jorginho and if so whether or not he has put in a transfer request for him. I would suggest most rumour at this stage is just that, rumour. 

Joyce is generally very reliable. He gets his info from the same source as the likes of Pearce, Bascombe and Hunter. They have all released pretty much the same article within minutes of each other. This usually happens when it is the club that directly feeds them the information. That is their selling point, they hardly ever make up any rumours.

The echo also reported our interest in Jorginho but that we faced strong competition for him. He's also the perfect Klopp/Pep midfielder, the ultimate vertical passing midfielder, so there is very little reason to think that is bullshit. I also doubt Pep is buying him just to deny us. He was already bigging him up back in November when they played Napoli in the CL group stages.

Joyce's article also suggesting Klopp has gone full VVD on Alisson. If we can't get him, it seems it will be Ward as back-up to Karius.

Can't see Roma selling personally unless Alisson puts in a transfer request. They will be desperate to get another season out of him before moving him on.

Can I ask where you're seeing this?

I googled all sorts of combinations about Joyce and Alisson but the only thing that comes up is him saying we've ended our interest back in February. There's a rando on twitter who claims that Joyce has said exactly the same thing you're saying but I can't see where Joyce himself actually says anything close to that.

Can I ask where you're seeing this?

I googled all sorts of combinations about Joyce and Alisson but the only thing that comes up is him saying we've ended our interest back in February. There's a rando on twitter who claims that Joyce has said exactly the same thing you're saying but I can't see where Joyce himself actually says anything close to that.

It is from yesterday's Times article about Fekir but the full article is probably under a paywall. This was the bit about Alisson.

"And they are also interested in the Roma goalkeeper Alisson, with Simon Mignolet poised to leave.

The Italian club, who Klopp’s side beat in the Champions League semi- finals, are reluctant to sell the Brazilian. The price would be inflated given that Liverpool paid Roma just £36.9 million for Mohamed Salah last summer and have seen his value soar since. If there is no change of heart from Roma, then Liverpool may opt to use Danny Ward as back-up to Loris Karius next season."

• Upvote 2

Ward really should be getting game time somewhere. He should have been allowed to stay with Huddersfield, then he'd have had a season's top flight experience. Instead, it seems like we've stifled his development and his value will plummet accordingly. Home grown keepers should cost a pretty penny.

• Upvote 1

It is from yesterday's Times article about Fekir but the full article is probably under a paywall. This was the bit about Alisson.

"And they are also interested in the Roma goalkeeper Alisson, with Simon Mignolet poised to leave.

The Italian club, who Klopp’s side beat in the Champions League semi- finals, are reluctant to sell the Brazilian. The price would be inflated given that Liverpool paid Roma just £36.9 million for Mohamed Salah last summer and have seen his value soar since. If there is no change of heart from Roma, then Liverpool may opt to use Danny Ward as back-up to Loris Karius next season."

Klopp has gone full VVD on Alisson sensation.

Ward really should be getting game time somewhere. He should have been allowed to stay with Huddersfield, then he'd have had a season's top flight experience. Instead, it seems like we've stifled his development and his value will plummet accordingly. Home grown keepers should cost a pretty penny.

Huddersfield weren't interested, at least not as a starter (I believe they offered him a chance to come as backup).

Our fans still have this strange idea that Ward is really good for some reason. He's not completely rubbish but there's a good reason why he's not beating out Mignolet for 2nd place in our squad or being demanded for £10m by mid-table Premier League teams. I think he's just about good enough to play in the Championship, and as he's now 24 and we already have a 19-year old who's just as good already (Grabara) and are after another (Lunin) I think it's pretty safe to say Ward is surplus to requirements.

I honestly am not bothered by what City, or any other team for that matter, is buying or not buying. Klopp knows his player and will get them by hook or crook if he needs them. City look like they are starting to rake every decent player on their way I suspect partly as a way of preempting us. For all we know this guy Joyce may may be talking a lot of crap without even knowing whether Klopp really wanted Jorginho and if so whether or not he has put in a transfer request for him. I would suggest most rumour at this stage is just that, rumour. 

Bang on. City may want to put it out there as strengthening their squad but everyone knows it is really a case of buying players other clubs are interested in to stop them challenging City. But there comes a point when all these players who are on 150+ grand a week and only getting 20 minutes in a game will say enough is enough. Even the youth players they signed on big contracts are looking to move on in search of game time. Those who are happy to just trouser the cash well that says everything you need to know.

I am not phased by the lack of transfer activity. I am old school and much prefer to see a player signing rather than the Jim White Sky inspired tittle tattle of who we are interested or not interested in.

I have complete faith in Klopp. Hell even the transfer committee have managed to turn things around. Who was the last shit player they signed. And do not forget although the UK transfer window is open the European one is not.

To be fair to City they have been saying for some time they needed a deeper midfield player to cover / replace Fernandinho who is 32 now. It's a bit silly to suggest they are that worried by us that they would splash £60m on a player they don't want.

Agree with the general positivity around Klopp & the nerds though.

I posted this link in April and I read today on a website (cough - Koptalk - cough) that a deal has been agreed in principle and only needs Klopp to say "Make it so".

Make of that what you will.

Come on, man. You’ve been a member of TLW for three years now and you’re still reading Koptalk and reposting some of the jarg rumours on here. Stop giving the fat cunt the clicks that he needs.

• Upvote 4

Come on, man. You’ve been a member of TLW for three years now and you’re still reading Koptalk and reposting some of the jarg rumours on here. Stop giving the fat cunt the clicks that he needs.

The original link to the story was from an Austrian outlet and I always keep an eye out for stories involving potential signings and stumbled upon Koptalk's link through google. It's possible there is something in this story due to the fact the original links came from a reasonable source.

Koptalk is shite and has been for years, I was conned by the man over 10 years ago. May be something in the story though.