You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The club is really letting me down this week.

I really need a distraction from the game on Saturday, it's all I can think about. I had resolved not to think about it all the time by going full transfer muppet and just concentrating on who we're likely to buy and sell this summer, at least until the game.

And the news is ... just not there. We're not going to buy Dembele unless we sell Salah? Forget that, then. Donnarumma being shipped out, but no link to us? Yeah, can't see that happening. No hint of anything on Rabiot, the player who I think would be perfect for us.

Even the Fekir news is stale at this point. I know Jurgen is trying to have everyone focused on the final, but that's exactly what I don't want to do! My nerves can't take it focused on one game for 6 days straight.

I need some proper transfer madness. A Babelcopter, maybe. Or a random link to a Serbian defender none of us have heard of. The Torreira link was promising, let's run with that for a while. That should give me some highlights videos to watch to keep my mind off of Madrid for a few minutes.

• Upvote 1

I really need a distraction from the game on Saturday, it's all I can think about. I had resolved not to think about it all the time by going full transfer muppet and just concentrating on who we're likely to buy and sell this summer, at least until the game.

And the news is ... just not there. We're not going to buy Dembele unless we sell Salah? Forget that, then. Donnarumma being shipped out, but no link to us? Yeah, can't see that happening. No hint of anything on Rabiot, the player who I think would be perfect for us.

Even the Fekir news is stale at this point. I know Jurgen is trying to have everyone focused on the final, but that's exactly what I don't want to do! My nerves can't take it focused on one game for 6 days straight.

I need some proper transfer madness. A Babelcopter, maybe. Or a random link to a Serbian defender none of us have heard of. The Torreira link was promising, let's run with that for a while. That should give me some highlights videos to watch to keep my mind off of Madrid for a few minutes.

Just drink a quart of whisky when you get up, that should keep you calm through the day

You could always read the bullshit put out by Real Madrid's mouthpieces Marca and Don Balon.

Red Bull Salzburg star Valon Berisha is a summer target for Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, according to reports in the Austrian media.

The 25-year-old midfielder is carving out quite the reputation for himself in the Austrian Bundesliga, where he has 37 goals and 34 assists from his 210 appearances for the club.

Now respected Austrian journalist Fabian Zerche, via Austria outlet Spox, claims the Reds have had the player watched intensively in recent weeks, with scouts running a close assessment of him in Red Bull’s Europa League clash against Borussia Dotmund recently.

And according to the report, Liverpool have initiated contact with Berisha’s management over a possible summer switch to Anfield.

Klopp is in the market for new midfielders this summer, despite the imminent arrival of Naby Keita from Salzburg’s sister club, RB Leipzig.

With Emre Can set to leave, Klopp wants reinforcements brought in and the talented Kosovan could fit the bill.

Berisha has quite the background, with the player having been born in Sweden and representing both Norway and then Kosovo at international level; the player having been given permission to change allegiance following Kosovo’s admittance as a FIFA member country in 2016.

There’s no word of the type of fee Berisha would command, but having played alongside both Keita at Salzburg and Sadio Mane, who also played for the Austrians before his move to Southampton, the player would at least have a couple of familiar faces if he were to move to Anfield.

I posted this link in April and I read today on a website (cough - Koptalk - cough) that a deal has been agreed in principle and only needs Klopp to say "Make it so".

Make of that what you will.

[Mundo] Rabiot have been put on the transfer market and won't renew his contract with PSG. He has been in contact with Barcelona, Premier league clubs & Serie A clubs. But the club most advanced in talks with him is currently Juventus. Rabiot hopes to play for either Juventus or Barca next season.

I posted this link in April and I read today on a website (cough - Koptalk - cough) that a deal has been agreed in principle and only needs Klopp to say "Make it so".

It'll make a change to buy the player before buying him for triple or more once he makes the move to Southampton or a team of that ilk.

[Mundo] Rabiot have been put on the transfer market and won't renew his contract with PSG. He has been in contact with Barcelona, Premier league clubs & Serie A clubs. But the club most advanced in talks with him is currently Juventus. Rabiot hopes to play for either Juventus or Barca next season.

It will be a bit of a kick in the nuts when Rabiot keeps Can out of the side won't it?

Manchester City are preparing a £52m offer for Napoli star Jorginho.

The midfielder has been one of the best players in Italy this season and he is destined for a big-money move.

Nearly all of Europe’s biggest clubs have shown an interest in the Italy international, including Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and others.

But, according to Calciomercato, it is Manchester City who are ready to go big for Jorginho by making an offer of £52m.

Pep Guardiola has targeted a new central midfielder and the club are looking at several targets.

Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred has been scouted, as has Julian Weigl of Borussia Dortmund.

But it would appear Jorginho is now the number one target with a bid for him imminent.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/manchester-city-fc-transfer-news-pep-guardiola-ready-bid-ps52m-jorginho-180524283934#5bHKtH6wLJWp4ldh.99

Will be announced on a season long loan with an option to buy for like 20p and halvsies on a can of Coke. It's just what Juventus do.

Berisha will be a beacon of hope.

• Upvote 1

After his tantrum following his exclusion from the France squad, I think PSG will seriously think about selling Rabiot. His attitude within the club has been a bit rotten for a while and now all of France hates him.

I don't think we're in for him and I don't think I would even want him anymore, but it's a new possibility because I'm sure he'll want to leave the country. 

To be fair, he has always come across as a bit of a petulant, spoiled brat. But, I would be willing to take the risk, the talent there is immense. Hopefully, he will learn from the current backlash, which coupled with the Klopp and him being a lfc fan, may do the trick. PSG is also facing FFP sanctions, so this could well be the perfect opportunity to go in for him.

Joyce pretty much confirming City has beaten us to Jorginho, and that we will have to seek another defensive midfielder.

Rabiot, Ndombele, Diawara or Fabian please.

I honestly am not bothered by what City, or any other team for that matter, is buying or not buying. Klopp knows his player and will get them by hook or crook if he needs them. City look like they are starting to rake every decent player on their way I suspect partly as a way of preempting us. For all we know this guy Joyce may may be talking a lot of crap without even knowing whether Klopp really wanted Jorginho and if so whether or not he has put in a transfer request for him. I would suggest most rumour at this stage is just that, rumour. 

• Upvote 1

Joyce's article also suggesting Klopp has gone full VVD on Alisson. If we can't get him, it seems it will be Ward as back-up to Karius.

Can't see Roma selling personally unless Alisson puts in a transfer request. They will be desperate to get another season out of him before moving him on.