You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Agree

I don't see Whyte beating Wilder but i would not be shocked.

If Wilder cannot put him away(think he would put him away Round 7/8 after Whyte blowing out his arse) i could see Whyte beating him on points.

Anyone know who Fury has signed with?

Last i read it was Warren he was close to signing with,which is nuts. He may still be lineal and ring(?) but without a major title he wont get AJ.

His best hope will be one of the alphabets stripping AJ but it will just like picking up the crumbs

I think Fury is going to sign with Matchroom, I (think) he's been promised to be a PPV fighter.  It'll be a comeback fight on PPV (which Hearn already said any comeback fight/opponent would be PPV on an IFL interview), then I assume to keep him going as a PPV fighter it'll be Whyte or Bellew on PPV, then Joshua.  Easy route to Joshua and Fury would make about £20m.

Fury / Chisora 3 would be a decent comeback fight, plus the casuals know who Chisora is, or maybe somebody like a Lenroy Thomas.  It has to be somebody very beatable but durable and who the general public half know.

As much as I love Chisora, he's properly washed up now.  I don't really see him causing any version of Fury any problems.

I thought he was good against Whyte, although had to laugh at Haye's  description of the guy he beat on Saturday , 'a heavy bag on legs'.

I thought he was good against Whyte, although had to laugh at Haye's  description of the guy he beat on Saturday , 'a heavy bag on legs'.

Which is a bit rich when you consider who his two comeback fights were against on dave

Hearns pushing for Wilder/Whyte which Wilder clearly isn't interested, he just wants Joshua. That'll be why he's not coming Eddie because he can't be arsed with you sticking Dillian in the seat behind him trying to cause controversy.

• Upvote 2

This narrative Hearn gives about anyone should be lucky to have the chance to fight Joshua, so should just buckle to his terms, is bollocks. I hope Parker knocks Joshua into next week and this pantomime of arrogance and shite can fuck off. Fury tells Hearn to fuck off, then comes back and picks the belt holders off one by one, with Joshua not getting a look in until he does it on fury's terms. I'd love that.

• Upvote 1

I'd love Parker to beat Joshua like you said, only problem is there's a rematch clause. 

Hearns pushing for Wilder/Whyte which Wilder clearly isn't interested, he just wants Joshua. That'll be why he's not coming Eddie because he can't be arsed with you sticking Dillian in the seat behind him trying to cause controversy.

Couldn't agree more with this, Wilder was going to fight Povetkin and Ortiz - he's said on numerous occasions that he isn't massively money motivated he just wants big fights, so Hearn's tactic of offering him a career high purse to fight somebody he has little to no interest in fighting is way off. 

Hearn is hoping Whyte somehow beats Wilder so it's all in house and even if he doesn't, a few easy fights and Joshua/Whyte 2 is still sellable.

I'd love Parker to beat Joshua like you said, only problem is there's a rematch clause.

Couldn't agree more with this, Wilder was going to fight Povetkin and Ortiz - he's said on numerous occasions that he isn't massively money motivated he just wants big fights, so Hearn's tactic of offering him a career high purse to fight somebody he has little to no interest in fighting is way off.

Hearn is hoping Whyte somehow beats Wilder so it's all in house and even if he doesn't, a few easy fights and Joshua/Whyte 2 is still sellable.

That’s it in a nutshell, Eddie’s plan is to get Joshua and Whyte hyped up to fuck with unification fight.

He wants to make money off firstly Whyte fighting Wilder and knowing he’d probably lose, then he makes mega money off Joshua vs Wilder unification fight but he’s hoping on the slightest of off chances that Whyte can beat Wilder and then Joshua vs Whyte 2 is a huge domestic fight that he takes 100% of the promotional money. It’s all win-win for Eddie Hearn unless Parker causes a huge upset and fucks with this whole scheme, personally I think Joshua wins this easy, I’ve watched Parker a few times after he started getting a name and he’s been dreadful every single time. I give Parker no chance in hell of winning this even though it would be hilarious if he did!

That’s it in a nutshell, Eddie’s plan is to get Joshua and Whyte hyped up to fuck with unification fight.

He wants to make money off firstly Whyte fighting Wilder and knowing he’d probably lose, then he makes mega money off Joshua vs Wilder unification fight but he’s hoping on the slightest of off chances that Whyte can beat Wilder and then Joshua vs Whyte 2 is a huge domestic fight that he takes 100% of the promotional money. It’s all win-win for Eddie Hearn unless Parker causes a huge upset and fucks with this whole scheme, personally I think Joshua wins this easy, I’ve watched Parker a few times after he started getting a name and he’s been dreadful every single time. I give Parker no chance in hell of winning this even though it would be hilarious if he did!

Yeah I don't think Parker has much of a chance either, unless he has a monster chin and can take Joshua past 5/6 when we know AJ will gas, I haven't been impressed in him once and I even thought he lost the Ruiz Jr fight when he won the belt.  He's going to make about £5/6m on Saturday and I doubt we'll even see him again after that.

Whyte / Wilder will do good numbers on PPV over here, so Hearn will make money regardless.  Its his easy way of cashing out on Whyte.  Even if he took such a battering that Joshua / Whyte 2 wasn't really sellable, you'll always be able to sell out the o2 for Whyte / Chisora 2.

Agree with Jay & Dan Dan , you start getting sucked in by the hype but when you actually look at Parker's body of work ( I re-watched some of the Hughie Fury fight the other day for example ) he comes across as really ordinary & I am not convinced that two elbow operations are a positive despite the camp's chipperness.

Hope he is more impressive than the last Antipodean heavyweight to come here with an unbeaten record.

• Upvote 1

Parker looks out of his depth in the interviews and the presser yesterday. He looks in awe to be honest, Dans right, I think this may well be the last we see of Parker. His promoter being a weirdo copsy bastard is the reason he’s got this fight and most probably the reason he has a world title.