You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

48 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Or maybe provocative drag has a long history in queer culture, and you just didn't know about it.

That's also a possibility. 

Either way there seems to be a concerted effort to normalise this behaviour in front of kids, and I believe they're hiding it under the equality banner. Which is bollocks. 

I think there should be single sex wards, and single sex care. But hospitals, like the one in question, don't offer that, and of the thousands of people through their doors they can't cater to everyone's personal wants. 

She's no doubt been through a lot, but convincing herself she's being targeted by trans activists because she reckons a bloke in a wig made eye contact is barking.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think there should be single sex wards, and single sex care. But hospitals, like the one in question, don't offer that, and of the thousands of people through their doors they can't cater to everyone's personal wants. 

She's no doubt been through a lot, but convincing herself she's being targeted by trans activists because she reckons a bloke in a wig made eye contact is barking.

They could if they wanted to.  The law is perfectly clear.  And they’ve decided the man’s feelings trump the woman’s. 

Remember back in this thread when a woman was raped on an all women’s ward and the hospital said it was impossible as there were no men around? But it turned out there was a man, the hospital knew he was a man, but he preferred to be called a woman. You are trumping a man’s desire to be called what he wants over a woman with trauma.  That’s fucking barking and in literally any other circumstances you’d back her.  It’s sickening.  

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They could if they wanted to.  The law is perfectly clear.  And they’ve decided the man’s feelings trump the woman’s. 

Remember back in this thread when a woman was raped on an all women’s ward and the hospital said it was impossible as there were no men around? But it turned out there was a man, the hospital knew he was a man, but he preferred to be called a woman. You are trumping a man’s desire to be called what he wants over a woman with trauma.  That’s fucking barking and in literally any other circumstances you’d back her.  It’s sickening.  

I'm not trumping anything you dopey twat. I said I think there should be single sex wards and single sex care. 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

She’s barking though?  What does single sex mean?  

No, I said the assumption was barking. There's a difference. 

Single sex, to me, means those born as women and men kept separate. Whilst I'd be fine with trans women or men, or mixed wards, I've had enough elderly relatives in hospital who'd prefer it that way. I think their sensibilities should be respected. Ideally, hospitals would cater to everyone's needs. They can't though.

10 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

No, I said the assumption was barking. There's a difference. 

Single sex, to me, means those born as women and men kept separate. Whilst I'd be fine with trans women or men, or mixed wards, I've had enough elderly relatives in hospital who'd prefer it that way. I think their sensibilities should be respected. Ideally, hospitals would cater to everyone's needs. They can't though.

She identifies as a dog? 

This is too much. 

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

It's okay, we've been assured in this thread that there's nothing sexual about drag...

Untrue, as you know. Nobody has claimed that.

There's nothing inherently sexual about drag - just like there's nothing inherently sexual about film, or music or any other form of entertainment.  The existence of Debbie Does Dallas and WAP doesn't mean that Toy Story and Baby Shark should be considered unsuitable for children.

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Safeguarding is the issue.  Perverts will go to extraordinary lengths to get access to kids.  So making it ‘normal’ to perform like this in front of kids will make it easier for the perverts to access them. 

You're a fucking basket case, you truly are.

I've obviously not put as much thought into this as you have - I'm a normal, well-adjusted adult - but I suspect that if a pervert wanted to go to great lengths to get access to children, they'd find a way of doing so when their parents aren't there.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've obviously not put as much thought into this as you have - I'm a normal, well-adjusted adult - but I suspect that if a pervert wanted to go to great lengths to get access to children, they'd find a way of doing so when their parents aren't there.

I had a disturbing case once of parents abusing their own 2 year old daughter. They actively encouraged each other. 

10 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

There’s loads of cases in the UK alone where that has happened. 

Exactly. Changing gender is only one way of getting access to children. I wouldn't define the whole movement as perverts, let's face it the UK is full of them from all walks of life.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yes you haven’t.  

If you can normalise sexual behaviour when parents are there then it’s easier when they aren’t.   

Out of interest why do you think they do DBS checks on those wanting access to kids?  Is it because nonces want to get close to them?  Remember that Green Party councillor saying it was transphobic to dbs trans people?  Wonder why? 

6 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I had a disturbing case once of parents abusing their own 2 year old daughter. They actively encouraged each other. 

I don't know the statistics about the relationship between paedos and their victims, but I think I'm right in saying that most child abusers are related to the victims. 

Some will be complete strangers (the "do you want to see some puppies" kind).  

Then there's those whose jobs give them access to (and authority over) children: priests, sports coaches, teachers, etc.  I'm not convinced by the assumption that paedos go into those jobs specifically to get at children; millions of non-paedos do those sort of jobs. I don't know whether any research has been done into that.

Then there's children's entertainers.  How much access do they even get to children? Is there any evidence - even anecdotal - of any paedos committing themselves to that career path, creating a stage persona, getting bookings, clearing DBS checks, etc, because that's the way they choose to get access to children (who are invariably accompanied by other adults)? It doesn't sound remotely plausible to me, but bigots who want to create a moral panic - religious fundamentalists, Fascists like Patriotic Alternative, etc. - don't worry about facts or even verisimilitude.

• Upvote 2