You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

A quick google of "drag queen story hour" shows up pictures of drag Queens in schools, the vast majority wearing what some may consider overly sexualised clothing and styles.

"BuT wHo iS tO sAy WhAt iS OvErLy SeXuAl???" I say overly sexualised simply because a teacher would not be permitted to wear such clothing/attire. It would be deemed wholly unprofessional and not normal in an educational environment. Drag queen story hour is not a "drag show" but it is a possible example of the overtly sexual aspects of some of drag culture being brought into school and normalised. 

I've just done a Google image search on drag queen story hour and got loads of results. Not one of them was remotely sexualised. 

Deciding that it's sexualised because it would be unprofessional for a teacher is a bit weird. You could have a kid's story hour with a bloke dressed as a clown, or a wizard, or Shrek or any other fancy dress which would be unprofessional for a teacher; that doesn't make it sexual.

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've just done a Google image search on drag queen story hour and got loads of results. Not one of them was remotely sexualised. 

Deciding that it's sexualised because it would be unprofessional for a teacher is a bit weird. You could have a kid's story hour with a bloke dressed as a clown, or a wizard, or Shrek or any other fancy dress which would be unprofessional for a teacher; that doesn't make it sexual.

As ever, your unwillingness to deviate from the rod you made for yourself is making it impossible for you to discuss sensibly. If you don't see some of the attire in those pictures as sexualised and inappropriate in a professional environment with children then I would suggest you are the one who is, "a bit weird." And no, I'm not going to start posting pictures to compare and get dragged into a strawman about what length skirt is acceptable or whatever next deflection argument you'll use to avoid admitting you're wrong about it all. 

Your nightmare on this thread continues. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

As ever, your unwillingness to deviate from the rod you made for yourself is making it impossible for you to discuss sensibly. If you don't see some of the attire in those pictures as sexualised and inappropriate in a professional environment with children then I would suggest you are the one who is, "a bit weird." And no, I'm not going to start posting pictures to compare and get dragged into a strawman about what length skirt is acceptable or whatever next deflection argument you'll use to avoid admitting you're wrong about it all. 

Your nightmare on this thread continues. 

Saying I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong.

OK, let's consider what counts as "sexualised" clothing in general. Granted that, to a degree, it's in the eye of the beholder, but most people would agree that it would include stuff like clothes that are skimpy, clingy or see-through; stuff that reveals flesh or undies; and stuff that fits with traditional fantasies (like the "sexy" nurse, schoolgirl, French maid or all those shitty Halloween costumes).  My image search returns nothing like that. 

Put it this way, if you saw any of those storytime outfits on a woman, would your eyes fly out of your head like a cartoon wolf?  I seriously doubt it.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

OK, let's consider what counts as "sexualised" clothing in general. Granted that, to a degree, it's in the eye of the beholder, but most people would agree that it would include stuff like clothes that are skimpy, clingy or see-through; stuff that reveals flesh or undies; and stuff that fits with traditional fantasies (like the "sexy" nurse, schoolgirl, French maid or all those shitty Halloween costumes).  My image search returns nothing like that. 

Put it this way, if you saw any of those storytime outfits on a woman, would your eyes fly out of your head like a cartoon wolf?  I seriously doubt it.

So they are dressing up as women, but not the women that actually work with kids,

or their mums.  Izzy went to nursery at about 9 months, she’s been in school for 4 years and I can count on the fingers of no hands the number of times her teachers have worn clownish makeup and full length ball gowns. I have no experience of her teaching assistants wearing gold lamè and her headmistress has never taken assembly in 6 inch heels and a micro dress.  

Parents can go to drag shows whenever they want, these people offer the service in pubs and clubs all over.  Why are they doing it to fucking kids?  

Im so glad other people are seeing through your bullshit.  

Er... they are hired as entertainers. Why would they dress the same as the teachers? As long as they're not wearing anything that could honestly be described as "sexualised" (which is clearly something that shouldn't be allowed and, judging from Google image searches, isn't) then you're going to have to shift your goalposts again and find another reason for your opposition to them.

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

See:

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

And no, I'm not going to start posting pictures to compare and get dragged into a strawman about what length skirt is acceptable or whatever next deflection argument you'll use to avoid admitting you're wrong about it all

Your nightmare on this thread continues

Laughable.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Er... they are hired as entertainers. Why would they dress the same as the teachers? As long as they're not wearing anything that could honestly be described as "sexualised" (which is clearly something that shouldn't be allowed and, judging from Google image searches, isn't) then you're going to have to shift your goalposts again and find another reason for your opposition to them.

Can’t sing unless dressed as a hooker.  What a dilemma.