You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

VVD still interested in LFC

LFC still Interested in VVD but not at the price being quoted

SOTON still interested in selling but trying to save face with their fans by charging through the nose.

My contact thinks it's not going to happen ultimately this window.

Any word on alternatives?

At £60m+ we should be telling them to fuck off, not apologising.

If our scouts can't find a close enough replacement for half that, they need fed to the pigs.

If we have made illegal approaches mate then we should apologise. People get proper mad when Barca or Madrid start unsettling our players, The Board at Southampton have their own dynamics to deal with and we never think how difficult it is for them if the appear to roll over everytime LFC comes knocking. They sold us their best player last summer and their very popular skipper a couple of years earlier plus the others like Lovren and Lambert . They are putting on a show this time and if they are not strapped for cash then its probably in their interests to do so.  

If we have made illegal approaches mate then we should apologise. People get proper mad when Barca or Madrid start unsettling our players, The Board at Southampton have their own dynamics to deal with and we never think how difficult it is for them if the appear to roll over everytime LFC comes knocking. They sold us their best player last summer and their very popular skipper a couple of years earlier plus the others like Lovren and Lambert . They are putting on a show this time and if they are not strapped for cash then its probably in their interests to do so.  

Just out of interest, how many apologies do Real And Barca ever make? They do it all season, then when the season ends, they carry on doing it when their players leave for internationals.

Every club is talking to players when they shouldn't be, so I have no idea why we are the ones being pulled up for it and walking away with our tails between our legs. I read some bullshit from LeTissier concern trolling about how Liverpool used to e such a professional club to deal with blah, blah, blah. I know for a fact the Mancs were in his ear for a good couple of years.

Napoli lad is a no go. Keane was waiting for United but that doesn't look like it's happening but he is plan C. Don't know who plan B is/was at the moment.

Sorry, missed your earlier update on the MF. But thanks for posting this any way.

• Upvote 1

Awwww.... poor Southampton.

SORRY FOR GIVING YOU HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF POUNDS GUYS. SO SO SORRY!

• Upvote 3

Awwww.... poor Southampton.

SORRY FOR GIVING YOU HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF POUNDS GUYS. SO SO SORRY!

So we should have been  happy with the money we got for Torres , Alonso, Mascherano and Suarez ? Personally I felt we had been fucked over without the aid of vaseline, Daresay Saints fans feel something similar,  Yes its the way the whole shit-show works but lets not kid ourselves Southampton should be grateful or get pissed off that they refuse a bid,

The real question is why are we not getting players like Mane and VVD 

1) So we should have been  happy with the money we got for Torres , Alonso, Mascherano and Suarez ? Personally I felt we had been fucked over without the aid of vaseline, Daresay Saints fans feel something similar,  

2) Yes its the way the whole shit-show works but lets not kid ourselves Southampton should be grateful or get pissed off that they refuse a bid,

3) The real question is why are we not getting players like Mane and VVD 

1) I felt more fucked over by the players. The clubs they were moving to were irrelevant. It was the players, who we once worshipped, engineering a move away that was the most frustrating/disappointing.

2) Refuse the bid, fine. But telling on us to the teacher? Gimps.

3) I agree for the most part, but it's easy to look at the cheap successes and think "why didn't we do that". If we lined them up alongside similar 'punts' we'd see a clearer picture of the risk that comes with that. We should do better though, even if they all aren't Mane or VVD level.

Many fans do not want the club to look at players like Mbappe, Mane and van Dijk when they are unknowns. They dont want the club gambling on them and would rather the club bought 'names' and I can see why the fans want that.

As an example, how long will people wait for Gurjic to turn into a 'world class' player or will they give up on him after a season? People want players to go straight into the league side and make an immediate impact.

It doesn't work that way though, so you see Eric Dier cost £5m and so did Dele Alli, both are intrinsic to that Spurs side, and yet Sissoko cost £30m and Vincent Janssen cost £17m and N'Koudou cost £11m and none of them are important to Spurs.

Money and names don't guarantee anything. It might lessen the risk, but it doesn't take it away.

Simply manage the club for a few years then scour South America in particular Argentina for young gems that will cost buttons. Try Mexico and Eastern Europe too, the ones who don't make it will be sold at a huge profit and the others will be world class and worth 100m each.

I must stress you need your Sugar Daddy and Visa and Loan restrictions on or off whichever suits.

Surely Saints should be open to £40m up front, and then another £15m subject to appearances.

Maybe wait and see how he's moving around in a pre-season game before bidding.

I'm surprised we aren't using Sakho as bait.