You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/877179836158148609

DUP not happy with how negotiations with the Tories have proceeded. The Queen's Speech is tomorrow...

The word is that Westminster is in utter chaos and the DUP can't get any sense out of them,   May is just not very good at anything really,

It's like having Nana out of the Royle Family running the country, 

The word is that Westminster is in utter chaos and the DUP can't get any sense out of them, May is just not very good at anything really,

It's like having Nana out of the Royle Family running the country,

Can the DUP eat wafer thin ham?
  • Upvote 3

Another defeat in the courts today, after the High Court rules that the benefits cap is discriminatory against single parents with children under 2 years of age, as they have no realistic chance of satisfying the requirement of working 16 hours or more to avoid the cap applying to them.

The High Court judge also remarked that the policy is plunging people, including children, into poverty for no good reason.

The government have been granted leave to appeal the judgement and will do so.

Thanks, skimmed through some of that earlier and it seems interesting, will try to have a proper read of it later. Was looking at a gif a minute ago and it reminded me of it, maybe Dacre has already read it : https://twitter.com/IanMcDougall1/status/877813933989543936

• Upvote 1

The DUP refusing to take May's calls for 36 hours. She's being humiliated on all fronts. Other than being the most miserable, beleaguered PM in history, what is she getting out of this?

Under the Barnett Formula it appears that for every £1 sunk into NI, they have to sink £35 into Scotland, England and Wales. No wonder there is no deal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-dup-talks-latest-theresa-may-calls-ignored-36-hours-unionists-minority-government-a7802086.html

It would seem the bastards have been caught cheating again. Channel 4 news has shown them using illegal call centres in Wales during the election.

People should be jailed for this but let's see what happens. I won't hold my breath!

Just watched that myself, snide twats. Report on it on Channel 4 News website:

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-inside-the-secretive-tory-election-call-centre

• Upvote 1

They still don't get it. That cunt from the Scum quoted sounds exactly how you'd expect a scumbag to sound,like spoiled kids who can't accept they can't have their own way. Carry on burying your head in the sand you twats.

Interesting article. Liked this - "My wife won't post political things online and I know lots of other people, particularly women, who are very uncomfortable showing Tory support online."

Typical Tories - ashamed to say in public who they vote for. Why would that be then?

• Upvote 1

Interesting article. Liked this - "My wife won't post political things online and I know lots of other people, particularly women, who are very uncomfortable showing Tory support online."

Typical Tories - ashamed to say in public who they vote for. Why would that be then?

Admitting publicly that you're a selfish fucking cunt is understandably something a lot of people are keen to avoid.

YES BUT I GAVE SOME MONEY TO CHARITY ONCE!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Admitting publicly that you're a selfish fucking cunt is understandably something a lot of people are keen to avoid.

YES BUT I GAVE SOME MONEY TO CHARITY ONCE!!!!!

Usually because you voted for a party who have made charities pay for essential services the same party has starved of funds.

Usually because you voted for a party who have made charities pay for essential services the same party has starved of funds.

I have this argument with Charity sellers quite often, especially ones to do with Armed Forces. Basically my view is by donating to these charities you're giving the government a free pass to skip their obligations, which we've usually paid through our taxes anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this argument with Charity sellers quite often, especially ones to do with Armed Forces. Basically my view is by donating to these charities you're giving the government a free pass to skip their obligations, which we've usually paid through our taxes anyway.

I wouldnt stop donating to charities BUT its becoming very difdicult to distinguish between genuine and not so genuine due to the flood of them. Caused by tory governments mostly.

I wouldnt stop donating to charities BUT its becoming very difdicult to distinguish between genuine and not so genuine due to the flood of them. Caused by tory governments mostly.

It doesn't stop me, but I'm more inclined to actually help, or donate something material as opposed to cash.