You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Our issue is that identifying a player who may be a top star is one thing.  Signing them without any opposition to push the price up is another. 

Looking at the big ticket players we've bought over the last few years who have we had any serious rivalry for?

Lovren

Mane

Markovic 

Gini 

Firmino

Benteke

Lallana

Sakho

I don't recall any rival bids for any of these players.  Could it be our club doesn't like getting into a "bidding war" so will rule out players who may fall into that category? If so it's ironic because we routinely pay over the odds

Our issue is that identifying a player who may be a top star is one thing. Signing them without any opposition to push the price up is another.

Looking at the big ticket players we've bought over the last few years who have we had any serious rivalry for?

Lovren

Mane

Markovic

Gini

Firmino

Benteke

Lallana

Sakho

I don't recall any rival bids for any of these players. Could it be our club doesn't like getting into a "bidding war" so will rule out players who may fall into that category? If so it's ironic because we routinely pay over the odds

We only have bidding wars with ourselves.

• Upvote 1

I've just read a story that Sergio Aguero has been a Liverpool fan for years and has dreamed of playing for them for years. If that's not a come and get me plea, I'm a doctor of rocket science.

I've just read a story that Sergio Aguero has been a Liverpool fan for years and has dreamed of playing for them for years. If that's not a come and get me plea, I'm a doctor of rocket science.

I heard that him and Robbie Keane we bezzie mates growing up and looked up to him so much he only supports who Keane does.

Our issue is that identifying a player who may be a top star is one thing.  Signing them without any opposition to push the price up is another. 

Lovren

Mane

Markovic 

Gini 

Firmino

Benteke

Lallana

Sakho

I don't recall any rival bids for any of these players.  Could it be our club doesn't like getting into a "bidding war" so will rule out players who may fall into that category? If so it's ironic because we routinely pay over the odds

I reckon they think there's little value to be had in a bidding war.