You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

I wouldn't use the word robbery but I don't really see how anybody can score that to Degale.  I thought it was a pretty clear (but close and competitive) Jack win.  I suppose a draw isn't the worst result but I didn't really see it as one.

Mayweather would stop McGregor, imagine how easy he'll land.  Accumulation of punches will end the fight.  McGregor went into MMA because he was getting goosed as an amateur at local Irish level.

I wouldn't use the word robbery but I don't really see how anybody can score that to Degale. I thought it was a pretty clear (but close and competitive) Jack win. I suppose a draw isn't the worst result but I didn't really see it as one.

Mayweather would stop McGregor, imagine how easy he'll land. Accumulation of punches will end the fight. McGregor went into MMA because he was getting goosed as an amateur at local Irish level.

Think the only appeal to this fight is that McGregor is an MMA fighter so is seen instantly "harder" than Mayweather so if he catches him he knocks him out, the reality is that unless he's drastically improved his boxing from what I've read in the past Mayweather will pick him apart. Mayweather destroys him in a boxing ring and McGregor destroys him in the octagon. It's basically just Rocky vs Thunderlips

Think the only appeal to this fight is that McGregor is an MMA fighter so is seen instantly "harder" than Mayweather so if he catches him he knocks him out, the reality is that unless he's drastically improved his boxing from what I've read in the past Mayweather will pick him apart. Mayweather destroys him in a boxing ring and McGregor destroys him in the octagon. It's basically just Rocky vs Thunderlips

The only person McGregor has fought who's bigger than him, beat him and then went the distance.  His power won't even translate with 8oz padded gloves on.  He won't physically be able to land anything clean on Mayweather either and if he did it's not Floyd's even remotely chinny.

If I was Mayweather I'd negotiate any decent deal and take it.  Nice big payday, get that record to 50-0 and a genuinely easier fight than fighting Frankie Gavin.

I wouldn't use the word robbery but I don't really see how anybody can score that to Degale.  I thought it was a pretty clear (but close and competitive) Jack win.  I suppose a draw isn't the worst result but I didn't really see it as one.

Mayweather would stop McGregor, imagine how easy he'll land.  Accumulation of punches will end the fight.  McGregor went into MMA because he was getting goosed as an amateur at local Irish level.

I'd say that overall, perhaps Jack won the rounds that he won by a bigger margin than what Degale won his, but on a round count, I'd say Degale won at least 6, for me he won the first 3 and 9 to 11, and some rounds were close so easy to get a 2-round swing on the cards either way.

The only person McGregor has fought who's bigger than him, beat him and then went the distance. His power won't even translate with 8oz padded gloves on. He won't physically be able to land anything clean on Mayweather either and if he did it's not Floyd's even remotely chinny.

If I was Mayweather I'd negotiate any decent deal and take it. Nice big payday, get that record to 50-0 and a genuinely easier fight than fighting Frankie Gavin.

Im not sure you can say hos power wint go up with him. Its an unknown hut he does have straight one punch KO power there. He's also a left so thats always a bastard no matter how good you are,though they are susceptible to the straight right.

Eddie Alvarez was bigger than him in mass and he hust fucking wrecked him. Floyds no bigger than him either. You know Connor walks around at over 170lb

The only person McGregor has fought who's bigger than him, beat him and then went the distance. His power won't even translate with 8oz padded gloves on. He won't physically be able to land anything clean on Mayweather either and if he did it's not Floyd's even remotely chinny.

If I was Mayweather I'd negotiate any decent deal and take it. Nice big payday, get that record to 50-0 and a genuinely easier fight than fighting Frankie Gavin.

Exactly mate, it would be another Floyd masterclass in fighting the right people at the right time, he knows everyone wants this fight so if he takes it looks as if he's not ducking him. He's knows he can't lose the fight, even boxers who are 10x technically superior to McGregor have been made to look stupid against Mayweather. I think he'll take the fight personally, massive payday as it appeals to the casuals and it's a no lose fight. Of course he'll have the "well he's only an MMA fighter afterwards" but that won't matter to him when he's made another £80m and has reached 50-0.

Thats if the UFC let it happen. Without their finger in the promotion pie it wont happen. Floyd offered him $15ml as he is a greedy cunt that want 70-80% of the purse before his promoters fee.

The whole thing is bollocks.

What is does show thiugh that the excuse that he can fight GGG because of weight is pure shite as Golovkin was 172 30 days out from the Murray fight

I'd say that overall, perhaps Jack won the rounds that he won by a bigger margin than what Degale won his, but on a round count, I'd say Degale won at least 6, for me he won the first 3 and 9 to 11, and some rounds were close so easy to get a 2-round swing on the cards either way.

Spot on that. Jack's rounds were clearer but overall round by round scoring they were even.

Because he is bringing a massive PPV audience with him.

McGregor is contracted to the UFC who will want their slice

The 3ml was his disclosed purse then added on the out of contracted bonus and PPV piece he will have cleared far more

Isn't McGregor's biggest ever purse about $3m , if so why would Mayweather ( and I hate him ) give him parity.

I think he's been making upwards of 20 mil recently. Either way, he's arguably the bigger star right now, so it's entirely fair that he'd be expecting to be paid accordingly.

Without mcgregor, no payday for Floyd.

Mcgregor' got some skills, genuine one punch KO power, size advantage, good chin, underrated footwork and movement. I don't buy that it's necessarily an easy night for Floyd.

Not sure how good Connors footwork is. He moves well but the footwork is so different. You only have to see the gym where i used to see the difference in footwork of the western boxers and the Muay Thai guys and thats before you look at wrestling added

Not sure how good Connors footwork is. He moves well but the footwork is so different. You only have to see the gym where i used to see the difference in footwork of the western boxers and the Muay Thai guys and thats before you look at wrestling added

I agree with you mate, playing devils advocate to an extent. But just look at the way he manages distances, and sets up that left hand. Floyd's been hit before, mcgregor has reach and timing. It's really not out of the question.

He'd have a shot against Paulie, for sure.

I think he's been making upwards of 20 mil recently. Either way, he's arguably the bigger star right now, so it's entirely fair that he'd be expecting to be paid accordingly.

Without mcgregor, no payday for Floyd.

Mcgregor' got some skills, genuine one punch KO power, size advantage, good chin, underrated footwork and movement. I don't buy that it's necessarily an easy night for Floyd.

Of course it is, just like if Floyd decided to fight him at MMA, what's McGregor's pro/amutuer Boxing record stand at?

Now imagine Floyd choosing to fight someone with the same record for his next fight, no different!

I don't necessarily think McGregor will guarantee more numbers than fighting GGG for a MW title, that would be huge.

Of course it is, just like if Floyd decided to fight him at MMA, what's McGregor's pro/amutuer Boxing record stand at?

Now imagine Floyd choosing to fight someone with the same record for his next fight, no different!

I don't necessarily think McGregor will guarantee more numbers than fighting GGG for a MW title, that would be huge.

I think Floyd v McGregor would break all records mate personally

I think Floyd v McGregor would break all records mate personally

I don't think it would get near Floyd v Pac myself, I reckon Floyd having the bottle to go up and fight the big punching scary undefeated Soviet area MW champ to cement his legacy as 'The best ever' would sell bigger than some freak show miss match.

I know I wouldn't be arsed staying up past midnight for it.

We all know which fight Floyd would prefer to take though and that's why he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as your Duran and Robinsons.

• Upvote 2