You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

McGregor was boasting about making $40m last year (he fought three times).  Floyd made $42m from the Berto fight which was his lowest PPV numbers since he fought Gatti in 2005. 

I understand McGregor is bringing a lot to the table, but Floyd could come back and fight say a Danny Garcia (somebody he'd beat with ease) and make about $50m, McGregor won't clear $20m for any fight he ever has with the UFC.

But both should take the money and run.  Floyd will be getting massive money for a fight which is physically impossible for him to lose (unless he had like a freak ankle turn or something) and McGregor can just say "well I'm not a boxer".  Bradley Skeete would win a 120-108 UD against McGregor so if he's able to make $30m+ from any boxing bout he should grab the cash and run.

Just listening to Joe Rogan. He put a great idea forward. If Floyd and Connor fight it should be boxing in MMA gloves.

Levels the scales a bit. Thats really interesting idea. Floyd doesn't have his big pillows to protect his hand and defend behind but the fight still his sport.

That id be interested in seeing.

Floyd wont do it

Just listening to Joe Rogan. He put a great idea forward. If Floyd and Connor fight it should be boxing in MMA gloves.

Levels the scales a bit. Thats really interesting idea. Floyd doesn't have his big pillows to protect his hand and defend behind but the fight still his sport.

That id be interested in seeing.

Floyd wont do it

Ridiculous idea. Mayweather wants his 50 and 0. In MMA gloves that win wouldn't count. It would just be a celebrity death match event. Connor would die.

Floyd would be lucky not to have broken hands on them gloves. Your nuts it you think he wins easier. If you have ever eorn both sets of gloves you'll know the difference in both. The whole defense changes as you cannot bring the guard up the same way.

Of course Floyd wants 50-0 but it means fuck all beating Connor in a boxing match.

I used to. I was looking for it earlier but couldn't find it. He stopped it then?

Yes I'm not sure why, I'm guessing it was due to not getting the listeners. I could actualy do with a new podcast myself, I couldn't stand the Sky one myself can't remember who they had on there but his voice and opinions used to do my head in.

I trying to find one i used to listen too. It was presented by two americans,i think both Latino's it wasnt a professional podcast but quality was good and they took calls. Cant for the life of me remember the name. It wasnt perfect but good