You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

I have preferred Trump recently, which is obvious. I can't prefer one or the other though the more I think of it. And no I don't have to have a preference now.

Oh shit - here I was being kind.

So you have actually moved away from this preference in the last 4 days - what made you do that?

Hopefully a one off by one/a few loons, and not a sign of things to come.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5819ef95e4b01f610e393372?wr8hp2iy5cbd42t9%3Futm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black%2BVoices&section=black-voices

A black church in Mississippi was burned and vandalized with pro-Donald Trump graffiti late Tuesday.

Authorities responded to the fire at Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, Tuesday night. Delta Daily News reports that the majority of the damage was to the main sanctuary and there were no reported injuries. Someone had spray-painted the words “Vote Trump” along the side of the building.

A woman at the nearby Rose Hill Missionary Baptist Church told The Huffington Post that Hopewell is a historically black church. She said the community is in shock over what happened.

Greenville Mayor Errick Simmons called the incident “a heinous, hateful and cowardly act” in a press conference Wednesday, adding that it was “an attack on the black church and the black community.”

“This happened in the ‘50s and the ‘60s,” he said. “This should not happen in 2016.”

Police Chief Delando Wilson said police are interviewing witnesses and talking to “a person of interest,” although there are no suspects yet.

The FBI told The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, that it is aware of the situation and is investigating to “determine if any civil rights crimes were committed.”

There is already a GoFundMe page raising money to repair the church. GoFundMe told HuffPost it is working with the organizer of the page and will only release the funds to the church directly.

41108a41c439a5340db8492aa79637d0.jpg

Green Party supporter prefers candidate who claims global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese to destroy American industry.

Could you even make this stuff up.

Oh, but Hillary is "corrupt", which makes all the difference.

China criticises Donald Trump's plan to exit Paris climate deal

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/01/china-criticises-donald-trumps-plan-to-exit-paris-climate-deal

Green Party supporter prefers candidate who claims global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese to destroy American industry.

Could you even make this stuff up.

Oh, but Hillary is "corrupt", which makes all the difference.

From "cocktails with bankers occasionally" to "corrupt" in one page! Well done Stronts, you're getting there!

I feel RPs getting a bit of a hard time here. He's just done the standard "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing without checking whether he's actually worse.

Nah I've checked, I don't think it's clear who's worse.

Oh shit - here I was being kind.

So you have actually moved away from this preference in the last 4 days - what made you do that?

You should've checked the same page you got that from : http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/109983-us-election-thread-2016/?p=4622775

Guest Pistonbroke

I think it's pretty clear that Trump is worse.  The other one is merely corrupt and a bit fighty.  

Imagine Clinton, May and Merkel on the blob at the same important summit. 

Barack Obama delivers stinging critique of FBI: 'We don't operate on leaks'

President censures James Comey’s decision to announce review related to Hillary Clinton days before election as campaigning reaches fever pitch

Grauniad. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/02/barack-obama-fbi-hillary-clinton-emails-election-polls

ePfNbSA.png

From here, where you can find more on two of Trump's court cases : https://popehat.com/2016/10/31/the-facts-about-a-couple-of-pending-lawsuits-against-donald-trump/

Hillary is undoubtedly brighter and more sophisticated than Trump.  What you still fail to get is that they would both become the cartoon mouthpiece for the military-industrial complex.  It wouldn't really matter which of the two won.  Policy would remain the same.  If you think Trump is somehow going to be able to dictate or even influence any meaningful policy or strategy with a bunch of truly powerful and sinister people who will run rings round him even with 90% of their brain removed, then I give up.  I've tried, but you're just not listening. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hillary is undoubtedly brighter and more sophisticated than Trump.  What you still fail to get is that they would both become the cartoon mouthpiece for the military-industrial complex.  It wouldn't really matter which of the two won.  Policy would remain the same.  If you think Trump is somehow going to be able to dictate or even influence any meaningful policy or strategy with a bunch of truly powerful and sinister people who will run rings round him even with 90% of their brain removed, then I give up.  I've tried, but you're just not listening. 

I was having this conversation with a German mate today and basically said the same thing, there are far more important people who make the decisions. They are still cunts mind. 

What gets me the most about this election is how democrats just seem ok with Bernie getting stiffed. It's obvious he was way more popular. 

John Oliver, Samatha Bee etc They all mock anyone who has any issue with it and the audience hollar and whoop in support. 

lt's very odd.