You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

You should have seen the Ajax escape in the away leg of the quarter finals.

Unfortunately though, their entire team cost less than Carlton Pogba with the most expensive player being around 10 million (Neres, Brazilian, usually on the bench) and an average age of around 22.

I am going to give this to you people straight like a pear cider made from 100% pear.

I could not give a flying fuck if Manchester United win the Europa League cup or whatever the fuck it is called.

The only thing that matters to me is that my team win their last two games and Jose Mourinho stays in charge of Manchester United for as long as possible.

At first I felt that shit coat was good for us being the Man Utd manager. Now am not too sure as he's improving them and has shit loads to spend again! Once they start turning those draws into wins it's going to be annoying.

I look at it like this: he may improve them, but that improvement is always going to be based on where they were under Moyes and van Gaal.

The important thing is that the benchmark has completely changed, and I think it's a permanent change.  No longer are they devastated by a season where they finish second in the league and win the FA Cup.  Instead, they'll celebrate third/fourth-place finishes going forward, or a Europa League/Capital One trophy.

In short, they're on the same level as us.  Or they will be, if Mourinho can continue the improvement he's shown so far.  Which might seem irritating, but only if you forget that for a couple of decades they were miles ahead of us.  I'm all for "improvement" that leaves them well behind where they were for ages and ages, and for them starting to accept this as their new long-term level.

• Upvote 2

I think the Mancs are a dream club for Mourinho. Their setup off the pitch is run by Yanks with zero footballing knowledge so when he pisses off three quarters of his squad and demands that they be replaced by players owned by whichever agent is giving him the most kickbacks they're dumb enough and rich enough to actually do it.

The fans won't say shit either, as long as he does better than the likes of LVG and Moyes, doesn't lose to us and picks up the odd cup here and there they'll be happy enough. They love his bullshit moaning and Trump-like siege mentality, they lapped that shit up from Ferguson for years, so he's got nothing to fear there either.

A League Cup and very likely a Europa Cup(but hopefully not) is a very good season. I think we should close the thread as its a bit embarrassing compared to our 'Mother Hubbard's Cupboard' of a trophy room over the past few seasons. The cunt has done a decent enough job and we would give anything for a couple of trophies versus a possible 4th place finish,well I would anyway.

• Upvote 1

A League Cup and very likely a Europa Cup(but hopefully not) is a very good season. I think we should close the thread as its a bit embarrassing compared to our 'Mother Hubbard's Cupboard' of a trophy room over the past few seasons. The cunt has done a decent enough job and we would give anything for a couple of trophies versus a possible 4th place finish,well I would anyway.

Winning the Europa league is now better than finishing 4th on every level anyway.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Winning the Europa league is now better than finishing 4th on every level anyway.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Totally. You get a European trophy and a place in the CL, not just the Top 4 Trophy.