You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

There is not a hope in Hell of the mancs losing that final to Ajax.

They have been shite this season, but they'll walk away with two major trophies & will probably spunk another £200m in the summer.

Like it or not, I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

• Upvote 4

There is not a hope in Hell of the mancs losing that final to Ajax.

They have been shite this season, but they'll walk away with two major trophies & will probably spunk another £200m in the summer.

Like it or not, I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

True. That daft Celta cunt was kick away from bursting their balloon as well

• Upvote 1

Love how everyone is handing those Manc cunts the EL trophy already. You have seen them play this season, right?

I am not handing them the trophy(I am hoping for some reverse psychology) but considering they wiped the floor with the team who won the Dutch title in an earlier round I am not getting my hopes up.

Man Utd should win the final, but you never know. They've had plenty of stale performances this year, and if Ajax go out there with their he fearlessness of youth, there might be an upset.

Dolberg brace for a winning Ajax team would do for me, and then loads of stories in the press about how he's becoming a £50M+ player, then news breaks that we've already signed him.

• Upvote 1

How does the whole Europa League / Champions League qualification work then ?

Do they leave a spot empty for the Europa League winner ? Does another team get punted ?

What if a team that already qualified for the CL won the Europa ? 

So many questions...

I hope united win the europa league , almost nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing those bigheaded cunts getting trounced by decent european opposition year after year 

Mourinho has lost whatever he had in the past , a couple of years torture for him and that shite will cheer me up no end ...can't wait 

How does the whole Europa League / Champions League qualification work then ?

Do they leave a spot empty for the Europa League winner ? Does another team get punted ?

What if a team that already qualified for the CL won the Europa ? 

So many questions...

From UEFA's mouth

Who has benefited so far?

Sevilla and Sevilla! They took the berth last season despite finishing fifth in the Liga in 2014/15, meaning Spain had a record five teams in the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League group stage. Another UEFA Europa League triumph in Basel last May meant the Andalusian side, only seventh in the Liga, again took a group stage spot this campaign.

Where the winners enter

• The UEFA Champions League winners enter in the UEFA Champions League group stage as normal.

• The UEFA Europa League winners enter in the UEFA Champions League (at a minimum level of the play-offs).

• The UEFA Europa League winners enter in the group stage if the UEFA Champions League winners qualify directly for the UEFA Champions League group stage via their domestic league programme. This is what happened the past two seasons after success for Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Maximum of five

• No more than five clubs can enter the UEFA Champions League from one national association.

How it impacts associations' allocations

• It is possible for a country with a potential three UEFA Champions League places to up this number to five, a country with two places to increase to four, or a country with one place to raise it to three. This can only happen if the association in question has two clubs who win both major European club competitions but that also do not qualify via their own league.*

• Regarding the top three associations (currently Spain, Germany and England): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League, the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage.

– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs.

– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) transfer to the UEFA Europa League.

• Upvote 1

I'm not watching the final, it's got Utd playing shite, riding their luck boring the arse off everyone and then nicking it with a goal in the last 5 minutes written all over it.

To further rub it in it will probably be from Herrera following a simple five yard pass from Rooney which Darke and co will wank themselves silly over .

We will then have the media swooning all over shitcoat about how they got it oh so wrong about him and how he overcame the odds to win the worlds most important trophy.

• Upvote 1

Ajax will beat them. Dolberg will come of age and score, at least once. Man Utd will then have to come out and play to win it, but they will have a problem, because the whole ethos under Mourinho is to keep it tight and then hopefully nick it.

Come on Ajax! I would love it, really love it...

• Upvote 3

Entered a competition ages ago to play in Stockholm the night before the final at the stadium for either team Larsson or team Lungberg. The prize also includes 2 vip tickets for the final.

If I win I'll play in the game then spend the majority of the next day trying to flog the tickets to some desperate Mancs for about ten grand then fuck off. That should get me about 6 pints in Stockholm. No way would I stay and watch them lift a European trophy. No about of free ale could make me forget it.

• Upvote 1

Their financial power is their best attribute these days. Used to be their team and their style of play - attacking, expansive, never-say-die. Couldn't stand Ferguson but he created several sides like that and had a record to be respected.

Mourinho plays stale football. It's cagey. He plays the percentages, which is cheating their fans when you consider the resources at his disposal. You would have to think most managers in the league would get them top four, not top six. He's a busted flush.

Beyond that his character flaws appear to grow bigger by the day. He's a small, petty man; quite unable to take responsibility for his own shortcomings. It eats at him that he is not on a pedestal, such is his vast ego. He also lacks loyalty, given the amount of times he sticks the knife into his own players in public.

I would hate playing for him.

Beautifully put.

I don't get all the pointing and laughing.  I'd swap their season for ours, even if they mess up the final.  

Their brand of football and their results considering it it the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the game, surely you wouldn't be happy with scoring less goals than Bournemouth.

• Upvote 2