You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

Looking forward to this with excitement and nervous energy, Champions League qualification may effect the standard of players through the door in the summer and could be a massive boost for the club.

Absolutely the biggest game of the past few seasons, with so much riding on the outcome.

But first things first, We exist to win trophies, so let's go and win some Silverware.

I'll always remember Dortmund 2001. What a crazy game that was! I walked out in disgust when we scored the Golden Goal. I'm not really one to wear football shirts, but I wore a Liverpool shirt the following day in Dortmund. A city type approached me, congratulated me on our victory and gestured to shake hands. I asked him to punch me in the face.

• Upvote 2

The last time I was this excited for a single game was the 2007 final, I hate being in work all day, the whole day dragging just waiting to get it over with to finish and get ready for the game.

I'm not nervous for the game like I wasn't nervous for the semi 2nd leg. I knew we'd win that and I know we're going to win Wednesday, Sevilla are a decent team who've won it twice in a row but our "mid week" team have been on fire lately. Almost unbeatable. 3-1.

All I've been thinking about since we beat Villarreal. Suppose the only question mark is whether Henderson comes in and Sturridge doesn't start which would be a mistake in my view. Start fast like we did against Villarreal then sit back and hit them on the break in the second half.

All I've been thinking about since we beat Villarreal. Suppose the only question mark is whether Henderson comes in and Sturridge doesn't start which would be a mistake in my view. Start fast like we did against Villarreal then sit back and hit them on the break in the second half.

could bring in origi instead of sturridge but I think team has to be

mignolet

clyne

lovren

toure

moreno

milner

can

lallana

firmino

coutinho

sturridge

subs

skrtel

lucas

allen

henderson

origi or ibe/ojo

keeper

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what they will be like. They seem to be a completely different team in the league and in the Europa League. Konoplyanka has been passed fit after an injury scare. I'm hoping we have too much for these. It won't be their last game of the season as they play Barca at the weekend in the Copa Del Rey final.

could bring in origi instead of sturridge but I think team has to be

mignolet

clyne

lovren

toure

moreno

milner

can

lallana

firmino

coutinho

sturridge

subs

skrtel

lucas

allen

henderson

origi or ibe/ojo

keeper

Agree but Benteke may be on the bench ahead of Ibe.

Away from home, they have only beaten lower league opposition in the Copa Del Rey throughout the whole season, yet are supposed to be a good counter attacking team. 

Treat it like a home game. We will have the majority of the support, start well and keep the pressure on without overcommitting.

The final last year was in a 58,000 capacity stadium and there were 13,00 empty seats. In 2014, in Juve's 41k+ stadium, there were 8500 seats unused. In 2013, 53500 capacity with 7,500 empty seats and this year they hold it in a 33,500 capacity stadium and we qualify. 

The Westfalen would probably have sold out this week.

Just our luck.

Not wanting to tempt fate but this is the plans for any potential victory parade in case anyone doesnt know

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-victory-parade-plans-11336145

An open top bus parade will snake through Liverpool on Thursday evening - if the Reds win the Europa League on Wednesday.

Plans are already in place for a potential victory parade ahead of Liverpool’s showdown against Seville in Basel in two days time.

route.jpg

Liverpool council said they were not being presumptuous about mapping out a LFC bus parade because the major logistics meant plans had to be put in place for a potential winning party.

If Jordan Henderson lifts the trophy on Wednesday night, Jurgen Klopp’s men will fly back to Merseyside in time for a open top bus celebration which would start at 5pm on Thursday.

It would begin on West Derby Road, at the junction of Green Lane, and will head towards the city centre.

The route travels along Islington, Churchill Way, Dale Street, Water Street, and then head onto the Strand, alongside Liverpool’s waterfront.

The finale would take place at the junction of Wapping and Chaloner Street, next to Parliament Steet, where the parade would end.

Tens of thousands are expected to turn out for any Liverpool celebration, with numbers potentially even topping the 100,000 mark.

A massive 750,000 lined the streets in 2005 after Liverpool’s miracle penalty shoot out win against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson said: “We know many people are superstitious and don’t want to think about a victory parade until the title is in the bag, but unfortunately that isn’t an option for those involved in organising an event of this scale.

“Whether we have a parade depends on the results on Wednesday, but due to the number of roads being closed and the impact this has on businesses and residents, it makes sense that we are as prepared as we can be. We need the information to be made public in order to cause as little disruption as possible.”

Police have warned that traffic congestion around Liverpool city centre on Thursday afternoon and evening is inevitable if Klopp’s men win the Europa League.

Chief Superintendent Jon Ward said: “Should the parade take place we would expect a large number of people to gather along the route and we will be supporting Liverpool City Council, who are the organisers of the event.

“There will be large number of police officers on the streets throughout the area, who will be providing a reassuring presence and making sure that fans can enjoy the parade in safety.

“An extensive road closure programme will be put in place and some disruption to traffic is unfortunately inevitable, but a route has been planned to give thousands of residents the chance to celebrate Liverpool’s success.

“I would ask people to make themselves aware of which roads are affected so they are fully prepared and make use of public transport wherever possible, though appreciating there may be some changes to services.”

Travel advice and information will be available from www.merseytravel.gov.uk or Traveline on 0151 236 7676.

Not wanting to tempt fate but this is the plans for any potential victory parade in case anyone doesnt know

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-victory-parade-plans-11336145

Any chance they could find a photo of the open-top bus decorated 'Europa Champions 2016 Liverpool' because I don't think Emery's pre-match team talk is quite complete.

My only worry is Moreno.This game will will be very emotional for the lad and he's shaky at the best of times.I'm sure that Klopp will keep an eye on him.But Mr Moreno we want no rash challenges,because this ref is a bit of a cunt.

Any chance they could find a photo of the open-top bus decorated 'Europa Champions 2016 Liverpool' because I don't think Emery's pre-match team talk is quite complete.

I remember before the Chelsea game on here a thread people done saying what the would do when we won the league, I didn't like it as it was tempting fate and as we all know everything went to shit.

I don't like people celebrating our supposedly excellent season when the match that will decide that hasn't even happened yet, releasing info about the tour bus now didn't sit well with me either.I hope the players have not been listening to fans as the hard work has yet to be done and they need to be at their best on wedensday.

One thing to worry about for this game is we will be coming up against Nzonzi who bullied our team most games in the prem, hopefully the European ref doesn't let him use his strength as much as in the prem.

• Upvote 1